Ch.11 - Umma

Seven Possibilities (Revised and Edited)

“U-Kwon. Can you come up to my room real quick? Oh, and bring Taeil and Geunsuk with you too please, it’s important” I said to him over the phone and hung up before he had time to ask questions. I wanted Junhyung with me but he, Kangin, Sunny, Daehyun, Mark and Suga had gone to pick some stuff up that had been ordered for the baby room. The door burst open and U-Kwon, Taeil and Geunsuk came running to my side, all wearing the same anxious expression.

 

“What is it, Sooyoung? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?” All three of them asked in sync while giving me a once over with their eyes to spot any injuries.

 

“Oh, I’ll get the bags. They’re in the wardrobe right?” Taeil said after he noticed the wet patch on the bed and my sweat pants. Geunsuk had also noticed it, and judging by the look of sheer panic on U-Kwon’s face he had definitely seen it and come to the correct conclusion.

 

“I’ll get the car ready and bring it round front. Taeil, you and U-Kwon should bring her downstairs okay, remember slow and careful though. Oh, and ring Junhyung” Geunsuk said while leaving the room quickly. Taeil handed the bags to U-Kwon while his cheek to try and calm him before he got his phone out to call Junhyung. U-Kwon transferred the bags onto one shoulder so that he still had a free arm to help me up and support me with. Taeil moved the phone into one hand and up to his ear so he also had a free hand before moving to my free side to help U-Kwon support me.

 

“Everything’s fine ... just head to the hospital as quick as you can, bring Suga and Mark too ... yeah ... We have it all under control so just calm down and head to the hospital ... see you later” Taeil put the phone back in his pocket just as we got to the front door. He and Geunsuk swapped places while he locked the front door and then helped the other two men to get me into the car.

 

During the 20 minute drive to the hospital, my contractions got progressively worse and closer together. When we arrived Junhyung was stood with Suga, Mark and the others at the entrance, he had obviously been hovering nervously while waiting for us to get here.

 

 

3 hours later I was sweaty, sore and exhausted but also the happiest I had ever been in my entire life. I now had a beautiful and health baby boy. We were waiting for the doctor to give us the results of the DNA test.

 

Junhyung was sat on the side of my bed with our little boy in his arms. He had brown hair, and my eyes. He was holding his finger and he was cooing at him gently. We were right about the hyper activeness as the little boy hadn’t stopped moving since he was born.

 

Suga was in the visitors chair at the side of the bed with Mark sat in the chair at the end of the bed and U-Kwon sat on the arm of Suga’s chair.  

 

“Put your arms out and I’ll give you him so you can hold him” Junhyung said gently to Mark. He looked up at him nervously and got up to back away a step and shook his head.

 

“I can’t. What if I drop him? Or he cries because he hates me? Or if I accidently hold to tight and hurt him?” he asked clearly scared of being a bad with the baby but I knew he wouldn’t. This worry just showed how much he cared.

 

“You’ll be fine, I promise. Sit back down and hold out your arms. I will be here the whole time, I’ll even hold my hands underneath if it would make you feel more confident about it” Junhyung said to reassure him and as he returned to his original position Junhyung placed the boy in his arms. The baby immediately snuggled in close to him and with that he relaxed a little.

 

“Wow Sooyoung. He’s perfect” Mark said with tears in his eyes. I just smiled before addressing all of the men.

 

“No, thank you. Thanks to one of you guys I get to be umma to this beautiful baby boy forever” I said as a tear rolled down my cheek. Junhyung wiped it off and kissed my forehead.

 

“You did such a great job looking after him for nine months Sooyoung. Thank you for giving me a beautiful and healthy child” He said and kissed me fully on the lips.

 

“Suga, do you want to hold him now?” Mark asked walking over to the other man.

“Ermm, no thanks. I don’t want to get too attached until I know if he’s mine or not. I mean even if he isn’t I’ll still hold and play with him as an uncle but at the minute there is still the chance so I can’t just yet.” Suga explains honestly. To be honest I couldn’t blame him as if he did get too attached it would be hard for him. Mark nodded with a smile and then moved over to U-Kwon who eagerly took hold of the little boy.

 

At that moment the Doctor entered the room …