Ch. 3 - Really?!

Seven Possibilities (Revised and Edited)

After the new housemates moved in Junhyung and I became more inseparable than usual which was practically impossible. Being honest, I really liked him. Like, really liked him if you know what I mean. We would spend every moment that we could together and then when we were separated we would just continually message or call each other. It got to the point where we would even sleep in each other’s rooms so that we didn’t have to separate.

 

One night, Junhyung was in my room we were both snuggled comfortably on the bed just chatting away. After a while Junhyung went quiet which, if you even know him a little bit, you’d know is strange for him. I shifted my position to look at him and when he saw me look he turned away. Had I said something to upset him? Was he feeling sad or unwell? Something was definitely up with him.

 

“Junhyung, what is it?” I asked while turning his head to face me. He just stared at me. “I know something is on your mind, what is it? Have I upset you?” I ask turning away from him to hide the tears that were forming in my eyes. Almost as quickly he puts a hand on my cheek and turns my face so that I am looking him in the eye. We held each other’s gaze for a while and then he spoke.

 

“You haven’t done anything wrong Sooyoung, don’t think that. I don’t think that you could ever upset me, even if you tried” he said while gently my cheek and wiping away my tears.

 

“Well there is definitely something going on in your head. You can tell me you know. I want to help” I said to my best friend. He sighed and then pulled me over to him so that I was sat on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders in a hug and then when he let go he kissed me. It was a long and sweet kiss. Finally, much to my disappointment, he pulled away and broke the kiss. He just looked at me as if he was asking a question. Making the presumption that he wanted to know how I felt about what he just did, I kissed him again.

 

Eventually we had to break apart to catch our breath. He looked a little stunned but smiled too.

 

“Really?! Are you sure?” he asked, clearly not convinced.

 

“Yes, I am totally sure. I’m surprised that you want to be with me, I mean, I’m nothing

special” I answer honestly. He sighs and pulls me in close to his chest.

 

“That is where you’re wrong. You are definitely special to me. I have liked you since Girls Generation debuted, you were always my favourite. I was so excited and a bit nervous when the manager said we were going to meet all of you idols at the party. Then when I first met you at that party a few months ago I just knew that you were the one for me. I know it’s cheesy but it’s true. We didn’t exactly start our friendship the right way with the whole drunken one night stand thing. To be honest, I thought I had ruined it there and then. I felt so lucky when you said you wanted to be friends the next time we had met. ” Junhyung admitted to me and then hesitated a little before continuing. “Sooyoung, would you be my girlfriend?”

 

I was so honoured that he felt he could be so open with me and so happy that he liked me back and that it wasn’t just my one-sided feelings. But then when he mentions the party I felt bad about what I had done. I had to tell him. What if he hated me for it though? Would we end before our relationship had even properly begun? But I had to tell him because I wanted us to be honest with each other and what if I didn’t tell him and one of the other 7 guys did? That would be worse. I had to tell him.

 

“There is something you need to know if we are going to make a go of this and be boyfriend and girlfriend” I said not-so-confidently. He just nodded and waited for me to continue. I took a deep breath. Here it goes. “That night, the party, I was really drunk. Well pretty much everyone was. I did something bad. If I had known that you liked me, I wouldn’t ...” That’s when I broke down. I hadn’t spoken to anyone about this at all. We had all just kept it to ourselves. He pulled me in as close as he could and began to my hair and whisper encouragement in my ear. It took me about 10 minutes to calm down.

 

“It’s okay. Just tell me. We can get through it, I promise” Junhyung encouraged me to continue.

 

“I didn’t just sleep with you that night, there were others that I slept with too” I said and tried to stop myself from bursting into tears. “I feel really bad, I can’t believe I did that to you. I know you won’t want to be with me now”

 

“Shhh, it’s okay. We weren’t together so it makes no difference to me. You didn’t even know that I liked you then so it shouldn’t be an issue. Besides I know that you’re not involved with them as we spend all of our time together” he said to me with a reassuring smile and then he turned serious. “I would like to know how many and who it was though, just so I can keep an eye on them. I trust you and believe that you like me not them but that doesn’t mean that I trust them with you”

 

“There were six others but I am sure that they all long forgot about it” I replied quietly into his chest.

 

“Six?!” He said, obviously a little shocked, before regaining his composure. “Please tell me who?”

 

“Okay, it was Himchan, Suga, Jonghyun, U-Kwon, T.O.P and Mark” I admitted to him. He nodded, smiled and then wrapped his arms around my waist.

 

“So are you going to answer my question properly?” Junhyung whispered into my ear, making me giggle. He kissed me again. “God, you’re cute when you giggle”

 

“Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend because I love you Junhyung” I said confidently to him. He just grinned and kissed me again.

 

We had spent the rest of the night talking about anything and everything and eventually we fell asleep. When Taeil came to wake us up he saw us in our cute hugging couple position. Instead of waking us up he went back downstairs and told everyone. They were all happy for us and, when BEAST moved in, most of them had already placed bets on how long it would take for us to get together.