Ch.12 - Who's the Daddy?

Seven Possibilities (Revised and Edited)

“So I have the results of the test back. Shall I tell you now?” the doctor asked and we all looked to each other before nodding at him.

 

“The father of this beautiful baby boy is … Mr Tuan” The doctor says before taking his leave.

 

I look at Junhyung. I know he will be upset that he isn’t his but at the same time this little boy was always going to be his son and call him daddy no matter what anyway. He smiled at me and squeezed my hand before getting up and walking over to Mark to give him a pat on the shoulder in congratulations.

 

Suga and U-Kwon followed suit in congratulating the new dad. Mark was stood there with the most ridiculous smile on his face. He was obviously happy he was the father and I was happy as I knew he would love and care for the baby. U-Kwon handed Mark his son and for the first time Suga cooed at the baby and his cheek. It was obviously easier for him now that he knew to react like an uncle and not a dad.

 

“Mark? Have you thought of names yet? We want you to choose because I carried him so you should get to do something too” I asked 20 minutes later. I then looked at Junhyung who nodded to tell me to continue with the conversation “Also because he has to take Junhyung’s family name, we want you to choose his name so that he at least has a name given to him by you”

 

“I was wondering if I could give him an English name as well as a Korean name. You know, because I was brought up in America. No one besides our household needs to know about it as they would think it was weird that you two gave him an English name. It is just that English is a part of my life and now I’d like it to be in his too” Mark says and me and Junhyung nod in agreement as we had already said we would go with whatever the father, if it wasn’t Junhyung, had picked. It was obvious he had thought about this a lot.

 

“So I was thinking Yong Jinwoo with Jack for his English name. Is that okay?” Mark says looking up from his son nervously.

 

“It’s perfect, I love it” I said and Junhyung nodded with a smile in agreement to my statement.

 

“Hey, Junhyung. Have him for a while.” Mark says after a few minutes while walking over to Junhyung with the boy.

 

“It’s okay Mark, you keep for a while longer. I know you want too” Junhyung says to the younger man but Mark hands him the baby anyway.

 

“Your his other dad remember, you need to bond with him too. I want to tell Jackson and the others about him and then I’ll bring in the rest of the Bangs” Mark says with a smile before turning to leave.

 

“Thanks, Mark and I’m sorry, I know it must be hard for you having me in the picture and taking some of your son’s attention away” Junhyung confesses to him. Mark turns back with a smile and puts one hand on Junhyung’s shoulder while the other caresses Jinwoo’s cheek. 

 

“Honestly, I understand Junhyung. I wouldn’t want it to be anyone else if it wasn’t you who was in this situation with me. I trust you with Jack 100% and I know you will love him as much as your own that you will surely have one day” Mark admits. Junhyung smiles and a tear escapes from his eye.

 

“Thanks, I promise I won’t treat him any different when he’s with me and I will love him just the same. He is lucky to have you as a dad” Junhyung says while I wipe away his tears. Mark smiles again before leaving to fetch the auntie and uncles.