Uncomfortable Dream Into A Nightmare

Looking For The Right One (BTS Fanfiction)

(V's POV)

I sat out side of Jungkook's room in tears, I saw a few nurses rush into his room. Then things became silent, too silent. These few minutes of dead silence felt like hours because things came to a sudden standstill.

I should be the one suffering. Not Jungkook. Why can't I just remember everything? What was my life before all this crazy ? I'm pretty sure I was closer to him, but how do I get to that point again if I was ever that close huh? ! What's wrong with me!?

My thoughts were interrupted when Rap Monster suddenly grabbed my hand. His grip was tight and a bit painful. He pulled me off the seat in a hurry.

Rap Monster: Let's go Taehyung.

I looked at Rap Monster's face. I've never seen him cry before, but tears were streaming down his face. Push aside all the tears and you saw someone who was confused and angry. Mostly angry. His anger was that of a demon from hell.

But through all this, I couldn't leave Jungkook. What is he going to do once I leave? I've failed him too many times, so, I can't fail him no more.

V: No!

I tried to avoid Rap Monster's grip, but he wasn't playing around.

Rap Monster: Let's go Taehyung. We don't have this kind of time to mess around dammit.

He felt the pressure from the demon he couldn't let out. His voice was stern and his breathing was rough. He dragged me through the halls of the hospital like a rag doll. The others followed along frantically. They kept on bringing up the worst.

V: Is he okay!?

Rap Monster: No Taehyung, and don't think it's your fault... Because it's not.

I was confused. So, what isn't my fault? Did he mean the death of Jungkook?

V: H-He's dead!?!?

Rap Monster: ......

Rap Monster gave me no reply. Perhaps the others were right, he died. All because of me. He just had to run after me didn't he? I could have gotten hit instead... Lets hope the maknae can pull through...

It was later that day that Rap Monster told me something shocking. And I wasn't in the mood to hear anything from anyone. I broke my best friend's heart and he's dying.

Rap Monster was sitting on the edge of my bed in silence, waiting for my response.

V: Why now!?

Rap Monster: Taehyung, my girlfriend managed to get you a date, will you please go?

He pleaded with me, but I had to resist. I truly wanted to take this date, but I just wasn't stable enough. I was too caught up in stress.

V: No! I won't go until I know that Jeongguk is okay!

Rap Monster: Taehyung, please! They're trying their best to figure out what's wrong with Jeongguk! He is having trouble breathing and we don't know why!

V: Aish! Tell her off then!

I avoided eye contact with the desperate leader.

Rap Monster: Please go... Jeongguk wanted you to be happy, now go do that for him.

V: Can't you see that I'm emotionally unstable right now!? Give me a few days dammit!

Tears formed in my eyes and that's when Rap Monster gave up. As disappointed as he was, he let it go. Rap Monster sighed as he got up from the bed.

Rap Monster: I'm sorry. I'll call off the date. Just rest for a few days and we'll see what happens...

V: T-Thank you...

Rap Monster bowed and he walked out of my room.

It was still early in the afternoon, but I decided to get ready for bed early. I wasn't in the mood to eat, so I didn't mind missing Jin's fantastic cooking.

I just wanted to sleep my stress away and refresh my mind and body. I took off my clothes and I threw on a huge, roomy, t-shirt. Then I laid in bed and drowned in my fluffy covers.

I slipped into a deep slumber and I was suddenly with what seemed to be Jungkook? But I wasn't sure. Not only that, but my surroundings appeared unrecognizable to me.

V: W-Where am I? Is that y-you, Jeongguk?

It walked closer to me and gave an embrace. The embrace felt like the ones Jungkook would give me, warm and safe.

V: Jeongguk! It's you!? You're okay!? I t-thought you wouldn't make it!

My tone was confused but I recognized the figure to be the sweet and lovable maknae. I became slightly more relaxed knowing Jungkook was here.

Jungkook: It's okay Taehyung. No need to push yourself so hard. You tried your best and I'm fine...

Jungkook looked into my eyes while tracing my jaw line. He was strangely captivating. It made me, uncomfortable...

V: I'm so sorry...

Jungkook: Shh, it's okay Taehyung. Just show me that you love me.

Jungkook caressed my cheeks. My face started to turn red and my heart was racing now. These strange feelings made me uncomfortable... Jungkook made me feel uncomfortable.

V: Yah! Stop that! What are you---

Jungkook: Don't you love me, Taehyung?

The maknae placed his soft lips on my cheek, I responded with a gasp. His hands now, lovingly my hair, as he planted light kisses on my face, avoiding my lips.

V: J-Jeongguk, stop...

Jungkook: Is that a yes?

The maknae closed his eyes and went in for a kiss. His soft lips met mine and I became paralyzed by his seduction. I wasn't sure what to do or how to respond. I slowly closed my eyes as my lips moved in sync with his. What am I doing!? Why can't I stop!?

V: J-Jeong-guk! P-Ple-ease...

My words were broken up by the breaths I needed to take. But, the maknae didn't listen and he slipped his soft tongue into my mouth. I was starting to feel hot, and I needed him to stop. I called out his name in unsatisfied moans.

V: J-Jeonguuuuuuuuuuukk!

His lips slowly parted from mine with a string of spit to follow. He opened his eyes and he looked in to mine.

Jungkook: So, do you love me?

V: W-What is with you and this love !? I already told you at the hospital how I felt! I don't love you!

This is when I struck the maknae's face. He staggered back and started to cry. I grabbed him by his shirt and I pulled him close so I could slap some more sense into him. I hit him once, his nose started to bleed, I hit him twice, he closed his eyes, I hit him a third time and that's when---

V: Oh my God! Jeongguk!

I woke up from my nightmare crying, I was scared that I actually hurt Jungkook. How I could I do such horrible things? I wouldn't want to cause anymore pain to Jungkook. He just wants to be loved.

I scanned my room, and then some of the dorm. It was late at night, so I thought of sneaking out to visit Jungkook. I quickly got ready and I attempted to escape the dorm, hoping to successfully avoid any of the members, then---

Jimin: Where are you going?

Jimin grabbed my arm. I jumped upon seeing him. He kept mumbling words under his breath which I found strange.

Jimin: You see them too? Is that why you want to get out?

V: W-What Jimin?

I was confused because he kept pointing to the ceiling. He kept repeating that same question to me and I was a bit scared.

Jimin: You see them too? Is that why you want to get out?

He let go of my arm and he pointed again, this time using both his arms. Then I suddenly heard Jin run over to Jimin. Jin hugged Jimin into his chest.

Jin: I'm so sorry Taehyung. Jimin's medication went missing and ever since then, has claimed that he sees things in this dorm... Aish.

V: M-Medication?

Jin: You don't know do you?

V: N-No... Why is he like that?

Jimin pushed Jin away from him and he pointed to the ceiling once again. He said it more desperately this time.

Jimin: You see them too!? Is that why you want to get out of here!?

Jin: Yes, Jimin, we see them, but Taehyung just needs some fresh air.

Jimin: Oh, okay. They might follow you outside.

V: Why is he so out of it? I'm worried!

Jin: It said in his medical records that he has hallucinations from severe bipolar disorder, but I choose not to believe that. Perhaps, something went wrong in his mind, mentally, when he was young.

V: Aish, look Jin, I'm kind of in a rush to see Jeongguk, I truely feel bad for Jimin, but Jeongguk needs me!

Jin: But it's past visiting hours in the hospital! There is no way you'll be able to see Jeongguk...

V: I don't care! I'll find a way to see Jeongguk! Just don't tell anyone I'm gone, okay?

Jin: Aigoo... Fine. But I told you so. Come on Jimin, let's go to bed, okay?

Jimin: But why does Taehyung have to leave?

Jin: Because he has important things to do. Come on Jimin...

So, I left the dorm and I made my way to the hospital. The buses weren't running this late so I just had to walk in the rain. I guess that wasn't too bad, it was midnight, so it was obviously dark, but the rainy conditions made things a little more dangerous.

I struggled through the rain and I finally made it to the hospital soaked.

I was certainly happy to be out of the rain, now all I had to do was see Jungkook, and comfort him the best I could. I ran through the hallways remembering where his room was. I managed to avoid a few doctors and nurses. Then, I stepped into his dark room with ease.

There I saw him, my poor Kookie, in the hospital bed. He seemed to be okay now, just in a sleeping state. Hopefully they treated his problems.

I slowly walked over to his bedside and I placed my hand on his chest. I felt his chest slowly rise and fall. I leaned over and I hugged him.

V: Jeongguk, I'm here. Wake up.

He said nothing. I could only wait till the morning for him to wake up. It was really hard watching him like this. I couldn't help but repeatedly call his name, in hopes that he'll wake up, but after an hour he was surely a lost cause.