What If The Right One Was My Best Friend?

Looking For The Right One (BTS Fanfiction)

(Rap Monster's POV)

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. I slowly got up and I walked to the kitchen. I searched for some medication for my pain.

The someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around quickly and it was Jungkook. I made him flinch.

Jungkook: H-Hyung, a nice lady has been waiting for you, I believe her name is Sunny.

Rap Monster: Sunny? She must be here for Taeyeon's belongings, I think she left her phone...

Jungkook: I see, do you want me to get it for her?

Rap Monster: Please..

I can't believe Sunny is here, she is such a nice person, so sweet and lovable. I've haven't seen her since I met Taeyeon, perhaps I can get her to make V realize a few things.

I walk into the living room and I see her looking around. She seems entertained with our living style.

Rap Monster: Sunny...

Sunny: Long time no see Namjoon, I'm sorry about your condition. I wish Taeyeon would understand, but that stuff scares her you know?

Rap Monster: It's okay, and I know, I just wish she didn't find out that way, she's mad that I didn't tell her.

Sunny: Bangtan lives like this? So cute, especially with the Hip Hop Monsters! Anyways, Taeyeon said she left her phone... She made me come and get it.

Rap Monster: Yeah, Jeongguk is looking for it. And, I have a favor...

Sunny: Ahh, the maknae can take his time. And yes, what is it?

Rap Monster: I need you to take Taehyung on a date. But, I have different intentions...

Sunny: Ah, okay, and what would those intentions be?

Rap Monster: Well, Jeongguk is actually in love with Taehyung, and Taehyung keeps trying to date women so he can avoid him. I need you to get him to realize that Jeongguk is the one for him! Make him remember! I've made many mistakes Sunny! Aish!

Sunny: Ahh, I guess I can help you~ How about I bring him around town for the day! I wish to observe his interactions with people. I wouldn't mind helping you out!

Rap Monster: Let me go get Taehyung.

I walk to V's roombut he's still asleepso I decide to start rapping to him loudlyHe eventually wakes up and he covers his ears.

V: Okay, hyung! I'm awake! No more A$AP Rocky!

Rap Monster: Okay, get up then. I nice lady is here for you, she wants to take you around town for the day.

V: Right now? That's so early!

Rap Monster: Come on! She thinks you're cute!

V: Aigoo, okay. Let me get ready then...

I bow before leaving the roomI return to Sunnyshortly followed by Jungkook.

Jungkook: Sunny, here is Taeyeon's phone. I also found her purse!

Sunny: Thank you! She has a million purses, why can't she stop?

Jungkook bows shylyJust as Jungkook makes his leaveV enters the room looking niceJungkook understands why V looks so nice so he sadly walks awaySunny runs over to V and embraces him.

Sunny: Hello Taehyung! Let's have fun okay?

Rap Monster: Thank you Sunny.

Sunny: You're welcome!

And so I watch them leaveI just hope V will understand things differently today.

(Sunny's POV)

I watched him step into the car nervouslyHe looked like he was afraid he would mess this date upwellit's not really a date.

Sunny: Yah! Taehyung! Let's focus on being friends okay? Let's have fun!

V: R-Really? I thought I'd have to go all out and impress you...

Sunny: Nope! You should try being yourself okay?

It was obvious that he wasn't feeling right about thisHe looked out the window with his hands in his lapmost of the rideWhen I would look at him, he would try to hide his face.

Sunny: Taehyung, why are you so shy around me?

V: I'm not shy...

Sunny: You must not be comfortable around women. It's okay, I have a few male friends who are like that!

V: I'm not like that!

Sunny: Are you sure?

V: I'm very sure!

V was very determined to cover up, but I wasn't going to let that happen. I wanted to see more of his strange behavior, so I brought him to a park. I brought him over to the basketball court where a bunch of men were having a game.

Sunny: Omo, look at them go, maybe we can join the Taehyung?

V: N-No, I'm okay, I don't look like I'd fit in you know, not much of a sports person.

He observed them playing, rather then paying attention to me.

V: Can we leave please!? I'm hungry okay?

He was getting uncomfortable, so I brought him back to the car. He was starting to shake a bit.

Sunny: Are you okay? How about we go to the café if you're hungry too!

V: I have something to tell you, well, a few things to tell you. Firstly, I can't do this Sunny, I just can't!

Sunny: It's okay. We are friends, remember?

V: Y-Yeah...

From there to the café, he became silent. Once we got there and we got a table, I tried talking to him, but he said nothing.

(V's POV)

I was going insane, I couldn't keep this up, I wanted Sunny, but there was something I wanted more, but it felt wrong.

Jay Park walked over to the table with two soft drinks, he smiled at the both of us, especially me.

Jay Park: Aren't you lovely? I see you've gotten to know my friend Sunny, isn't she sweet?

V: What? What are you talking about?

Sunny: It's okay if you think my friend is cute, just look at him in his waiter outfit. He's always stealing people's hearts everyday.

Jay Park: I must be too much for you, always looking at me whenever you'd bring your dates. Do you like me?

That's when I got up, I couldn't hide my red face, my heart was racing because this man, was attractive, very attractive. I looked at Jay Park, then Sunny. But, these feelings reminded me of Jungkook, whenever I would see him.

V: Okay! Okay! Okay! Sunny, I can't do this!

Sunny: I understand that, is that because you like men?

V: Yes, this whole date felt wrong, you were amazing Sunny, but, what if the right one was my best friend? Because, because, I can't stop thinking about him. Like, all the men I would see walk in and out of this café, seemed more entertaining than a women. I'm so confused. Like, I am reminded of him.

Sunny: That's okay if you are, you've been looking for the right one, and certainly, a woman can't fit that description, but apparently, your best friend does, so who is your best friend? Tell me about him.

V: H-His name is J-Jungkook, and I've been pushing him away because, I don't know! I've been looking in all the wrong places, and every place I look, I see him. He just won't go away!

Sunny: It's okay if you feel that way about your friend, you should try talking to him.

V: I can't, he hates me right now...

Sunny: I will help you out then, let's eat first, and I will figure out what we can do, deal?

V: Deal. Thank you Sunny.