Willing To Take A Risk!

Looking For The Right One (BTS Fanfiction)

(Jungkook's POV)

A few months had passed and BTS's year long hiatus was over. Unfortunately, BTS couldn't return to the music industry when all the members quit and one was dead, so, we all moved out of our dorm into a small chain of apartments. We wanted to stay close so we could help each other. Jin was with Jimin, Suga was with J-Hope, and I was with V. Several more months passed...

The day didn't have much going for it. V was cleaning up the apartment even though there wasn't much to clean. But, V wasn't acting right. He had major fatigue, and his body ached every so oftencausing him agony.

I walked into the living room and I found him organizing the small bookshelf we had, it was next to the TV. He neatly dusted the lonely books and gave them lifeIt's almost like he was taking care of his own childrenbut of courseI'm pretty sure he wouldn't live long enough to even have the idea of adopting kidsa thought that hadn't come up in conversation between us.

He gently set the books in the shelf and was pleased with how good of a job he didIt brought him a sort of pleasure but not for longI slowly trailed over to V.

Jungkook: Taehyung, are you okay?

V: Yeah! I'm fine!

He was somewhat startled upon hearing my voice. I'd figured he turn around and look at me, but tried to avoid eye contact with me. I took this as his way of saying no, without saying it. He'd never want me to worry, so he'd lie. His breathing was unsteady and his skin looked pale.

Jungkook: I don't believe that, you're breathing hard and everything.

V: I'm okay Jeongguk. Trust me!

Jungkook: If you're really okay, explain the diarrhea in the bathroom, that you didn't flush or tell me about! You're sick Taehyung! Don't deny it so I don't worry about you!

If he didn't flushI might have not known about his diarrheasomething I didn't want to seeBut it told me that he was sicker than appearedWhich really caused me to stress about his health even more.

He quickly turned around and snapped at me. He didn't want to talk about how ill he was, nor did he want to get a check up. He knew exactly where this conversion was going, plus we had already gone once and never got the results... Sohe'd become hostile over these conversations.

V: Yah, Jeongguk! Just leave me alone!

He continued to avoid me, in hopes of ending this conversation. He hung his head low and started walking to our bedroom, but I quickly confronted him. I stomped my foot at him and I crossed my arms. That's when I gained his attention. I had to get him to understand that if he gets a check up, maybe there are some ways that he could get help.

Jungkook: No! You've been making me worry for the past few weeks babe.

V: Well stop worrying! We already went once! I don't need to go again dammit!

Jungkook: Kim Taehyung, I'm your boyfriend and I have to worry about your well being! I think we should bring you in for a check up again! We never got your results dammit!

V: those results! Why bring me for a check up when you already know I have AIDS?

Jungkook: Yah! We don't know for sure that you have it!

V: Well I know I have it dammit! It's obvious! I'm ing sick Jeongguk!

Jungkook: But we can get you treatm-

This conversation turned into an argument, then, I suddenly felt like I was hit with a hot iron across the face. The burning sensation settled in and tears started to roll down my face. Never has there been a time where we've been this angry at each otherbut this was the first time he had put his hands on mein a harming way.

V: It's too late! What don't you get!?

Jungkook: I'm sorry T-Taehyung...

I flinched, thinking he'd hit me again, I mean, that's the way he appeared. Threatening and angry, fist clinched. I retreated to the bathroom where he pursued me. I was swift enough to slam the door shut and lock it, now, there was a wooden barrier between us. I dragged over to the sink, where the mirror was locatedIt reviled a cherry color across my faceThen I looked over at the toiletit invited me to sit down and thinkSoI ignored V and I sat on the toilet and sobbed.

V struggled to get past the door, he hit, scratched, and even threw his own force at the poor door. Eventually, he gave up, all he could do was at least try to talk to me and say sorry.

V: I'm sorry Jeongguk! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hit you, but I was upset! Unlock the door!

Jungkook: Go away! I was only trying to help! But it's clear that you don't want my help!

V: I'm sorry! I do need your help! I love you...

Things became silent as he must have walked to our bedroom, ashamed at what he'd done to his beloved boyfriend. I got up from the toilet and I proceeded to the sink once again. I the sink and I began to splash water into my face, the cold, clear liquid didn't do much to sooth the burning sensation in my face. I grabbed a toweldried my face off and I unlocked the door. I peeked my head out of the bathroom, with my sight slowly widening. I decided it was safe, so I breathed a sigh of relief and walked to our bedroom. He his hid face under the covershe was ashamed of himselfI slowly snuck my way into bedbut V was all ears and heard meHe sighed.

V: Jeongguk, I'll go...

Jungkook: Forget it...

V: Jeongguk, please.

Jungkook: No, you go by yourself, and see how it feels to be alone, while the doctor says your positive for AIDS. I'll be here waiting.

V sighed harder as he got out of bed. He was already dressed and ready to leave. He looked at me with utter disappointment and left. I awaited his return, but it got late and he still wasn't back. As worried as I was now, I couldn't keep my eyes open. Not much later after I fell asleephe returned and I felt the bed gently move as he climbed in and situated himself next to me.

Jungkook: Babe, I missed you.

V: I missed you too.

He sounded disappointed and displeased, almost as if he was about to cry. He didn't have much to sayin factI don't think he wanted to talkbecause he'd start crying. I embraced him tightly, in hopes that he'd let out his feelings instead of not trying to appear weak in front of mer. Knowing the results weren't goodI don't think he should have to go threw this alone. I was willing to take the risk if I had to, I was ready, now the question is, will he let me?

I took a deep breathand I began to talkI felt pained to even ask him.

Jungkook: Hey babe, I was wondering something, I know it's not the right time, but, do you want to have ?

V: What kind of question is that? You know I'm not in the mood, and my results came back positive. They said their isn't much that can be done...

Jungkook: I wish you were in the mood, so I could go through this with you...

V: So, you seriously would take the risk just because you love me?

Jungkook: Yes!

V: No, it's a terrible thing to have and I won't subject you to that torcher.

Jungkook: O-Okay... G-Goodnight babe, I love you.

V: I love you too.

I can say I can understood him, when I truly didn't. He was going through something I couldn't even fathom. The emotions and feelings associated with being as sick as he was, I dont think he'd allow me to take the same agonising fate. I couldn't stand the fact that I would watch as his state deteriorate more and more as each day passed. I could only watch, and be helpless. I was willing to go through the same Hell for you Vso you wouldn't be aloneThat's how much I love you.

A few weeks later, V was seriously ill during the night. He had woke me up complaining and sobbing about the amount of pain he was in, just from aches. He was in so much pain, that he had bit his pillowripped it openand forced the fluffy stuffing to spill out of it. And he even ripped my shirt from grabbing on to me so tightlyI felt his body shake like an earthquakeas I embraced him. I could only provide a sense of comfort for himbut it didn't help muchHe sobbed in my armsuntil he fell asleep.

The next morning came faster than we expected. I guess it felt that way because I stayed up late with V. I couldn't help that he clung to me, sobbing in agony, until falling asleep.

Jungkook: Taehyung, are you up?

V: .............

Upon waking up, I gazed over at V's fragile body. His face, was starting to lose life. The disease caused his face to lose it's full and vibrant appearance. With each breath, his chest faintly rose and fell.That was almost too painful to watch. He was obviously too tired to perform any task at the moment, so I allowed him to catch up on some desperately needed rest. I will take a shower in the meantime, hopefully he will be up by then.

I rolled out of bed and I walked to the bathroom. My clothes fell to the floor as I undressed, finally, I was bare and ready to proceed into the shower. I turned the knob to the hot function, and water started to pour out of the shower head. Before I stepped foot in the tub, I heard V groaning loudly for me.

Jungkook: Taehyung, I'm in the bathroom, are you alright?

V: Jeongguk, let me take a shower with you.

Jungkook: Well come on Taehyung!

I didn't expect him to to feel well enough to even take a shower with me, but he kept whining. I guess you could say that was a bit of progress though, V has been deathly ill lately. I'm hoping that the hot water will soothe his aches.

V staggered into the bathroom like an intoxicated man. Okay, talk about progress, this isn't what I wanted. I quickly rushed to his side and gave him my body for support. He regained his balance and opened his groggy eyes.

Jungkook: Why are you even up if you're sick babe?

V: Because, I don't want to be alone.

Jungkook: Aw, Taehyung, I was just going to take a shower. I promise you that you won't be alone okay?

V: Okay.

I helped him undress and we stepped into the tub together. I shut the shower curtains and we began to wash each other. V found the scorching water to be a pleasurable relief from his pain. He looked delighted for the time being, so this was positive.

V: Jeongguk, listen to me carefully okay?

Jungkook: Okay.

He gained my attention and that's when his expression became serious. He sighed and embraced for what seemed to be forever. At first it was just the sound of sizzling water, but then V spoke with a weak tone.

V: Jeongguk, I don't feel right.

Jungkook: What do you mean?

V: Just listen to me. I don't have much time okay?

Jungkook: ......

V: I need you to invite the others over for some tea and soju, and it needs to happen today...

Jungkook: Taehyung, why?

V: Don't question me Jeongguk. Please...

Jungkook: O-Okay, I'll invite them over for some tea and soju after our shower okay?

V: Thank you baby.

Jungkook: Anything for you.

After our shower, V was feeling somewhat better, but he was acting strange. I didn't let his behavior distract me though, he's really sick, that's all.

I called up everyone and they agreed to come over as soon as possible, I assumed they were worried about V now, because of my stressed tone.

I hustled over to the kitchen and I started preparing some tea while V was watching TV. I got a few bottles of soju out and I placed them on the table next to a few glasses. Soon the tea was ready. I had amazing timing, Suga and J-Hope had just arrived.

They bowed and greeted me before tending to V. J-Hope had a wide smile and was joyous to see V. Suga gave V a quick embrace then he walked over to me.

Suga: Yo, Jeongguk, is Taehyung alright?

Jungkook: To be honest with you Yoongi, I don't know. He had really bad pains last night and now he can't walk for too long.

Suga: Damn, that . Do you think he's-

Jungkook: Don't you dare mention anything about death.

Suga: I'm sorry Jeongguk, this is real talk yo. We all have to face the reaper one day.

Jungkook: You're right, but-

Suga: I know you love him, but sometimes, you just have to let things go, even when you're not ready.

I sighed as I gave Suga a cup of tea, he sat at the table and watched J-Hope play with V.

Jungkook: Hoseok sure knows how to make people happy. I guess he wanted to see y'all one last time huh?

Suga: Yeah, and who knows. Sometimes when people are close to death, they stay close to their loved ones. We are really all he has.

Jungkook: Yeah...

I poured myself a cup of tea as Jin and Jimin arrived. They greeted us before talking to V and J-Hope. Then they walked over to the table for drinks. Jimin grabbed some tea and walked back over to V and Jin poured a glass of soju before talking to me.

Jin: I'm glad you called us over, Taehyung isn't looking too good.

Jungkook: I know, I think he called you all over because he's close to death...

Jin: Oh, wow. I'm sorry Jeongguk.

Jungkook: It's okay...

Suga: It's terrible, you can actually hear the weakness in his voice...

Jin: I know, well, is there anything we can do for you?

Jungkook: Thanks, but no...

Jin: We're here for you if you need anything okay?

Suga: Yo, if it does go down, call me okay?

Jungkook: Yes hyungs... I'm glad that Hoseok and Jimin have managed to cheer up Taehyung for the time being. But I'm just worried about later.

Suga: Look, just try to make the best out of what might be his last day, okay?

Jungkook: O-Okay.

Suga and Jin looked ready to leave, it seemed as if they didn't want to waste my valuable time with Taehyung, I guess I can understand that. Things were silent between us three until J-Hope and Jimin ran over to us.

Jungkook: What's wrong!?

J-Hope: Calm down Jeongguk, Taehyung said he was really tired and he wanted to lay down.

Jimin: Yeah, he just got up in the middle of our conversation and said "I'm sorry guys, but I love you and I'm tired".

Jin: Thanks for inviting us over, but I think it's time we take our leave. Let's go Jimin.

Suga: We hope everything turns out good in the long run Jeongguk, take good care of him. We'll miss him. Come on Hoseok, you did good today.

Jungkook: Thank you, I don't know what I would do without y'all.

I started to clean up as everyone departed. I discarded the tea and I put away the soju. After I finished cleaning up, I rushed to my room in fear that V had passed away.

Jungkook: T-Taehyung! Are you okay!?