My Run Away Hyung

Looking For The Right One (BTS Fanfiction)

(Jungkook's POV)

Jungkook: TAEHYUNG!!! WAIT!!!

Our loud voices carried out through the halls of Big Hit. Our heavy footsteps and loud breaths caught the busy peoples' attention. I was chasing my sobbing hyung without caring who got in the way. Some of the managers and producers got pushed to the floor as either V or I shoved them to the side.

V: LEAVE ME ALONE JEONGGUK!!!! I KNOW YOU'RE MAD AT ME TOO!

Jungkook: TAEHYUNG!!! I'M NOT MAD AT YOU!!

V: WHY IS EVERYONE MAD AT ME!?!?

Jungkook: W-We aren't mad at y-you Taehyung...

What's going on in your head V? What is causing you to act the way you do? I know things haven't been the same for you, but please allow us to know what's going on!

The chase led us outside Big Hit. I was tired so I paused for a moment. I saw V run out to the busy streets. I shut my eyes tight as I heard the screeching of rubber and the loud horns of cars. Then I heard people yelling loudly.

Jungkook: TAEHYUUUUUUNG!!!

I opened my eyes to see V make it across the road unharmed.

People: What the ! What is wrong with this kid!???? I ALMOST HIT YOUR !!!!

I took a deep breath and I continued to run after him. I took the risk and I zoomed through the streets. I jumped over cars, and I took a few falls. I finally stopped when I felt a sharp pain to my right side. My head was spinning as a sudden force jerked me forward. I managed to keep myself from falling.

More people yelled, some screamed.

Then a lady, who was dressed nicely for work, swung her car door open. She stumbled out of her car, not because she was in heels, but because she was rushing herself. She yelled at me frantically.

Lady: Oh my God! Are you okay?

At first I was confused because I wasn't sure what was going on, but then, I looked down and I saw blood. Not her blood, but my blood. I got hit by a car...

Lady: Oh my God! You're bleeding! Let me get you to a hospital right away!

She grabbed my arm and I refused her. It was like tug of war. She pulled at my bloody shirt, then I struggled to pull myself away.

Jungkook: N-No! I have to help my friend!!!

People were beginning to crowd around as we both created a scene out of yelling and what looked like fighting.

Lady: Please! Let me help you!

Jungkook: I don't need your damn help!

I forced the lady away and I fled from her. I made it across the busy street to find my confused hyung out of sight. Without knowing where he could be, I continued to run after him even though I was hurt.

(V's POV)

I found myself in a dark ally as I finally stopped to take a rest. I scanned the sinister area, the cracked brick walls abused by harsh graffiti and nasty stains. The dumpsters were filled up with rancid smelling trash.

I feared for my life as I realized, I was lost. I was scared and Jungkook wasn't in sight. I walked to the side of the dumpster thinking I could hide myself. I sat there and started to cry with my head hidden by my arms and legs.

Silence was replaced by my horrid sobbing. But after a few minutes, I suddenly paused to catch my breath. That's when I noticed that my sobbing wasn't the only thing filling up the silence now, I heard the echo of footsteps and a struggling voice. Was it... Jungkook?

I remained stationary as the noises got closer and closer. I was too scared to move. The footsteps dragged on and I recognized the voice to be Jungkook's. The maknae staggered over to me as if he was hurt. I was caught up in his embrace. We both gasped.

Jungkook: T-Taehyung!

V: J-Jeongguk!

Jungkook: A-Are you okay!?

He cried out to me, as he lied on his knees. Jungkook grabbed my shirt and he made me look at him. His facial expression showed worry and pain. I grabbed him by his waist and I pulled him close. His breathing was rough.

V: J-Jeongguk...

Jungkook: A-Are you okay?

V: I'm okay... Just a little bit frightened.

I retreated from his eyes and I looked down, everthing froze as my eyes met his blood covered shirt. Tears started to form in my eyes again. I could feel his deep injury as I removed my blood stained hands from his waist. He groaned in discomfort.

V: Y-You're hurt!!!

Jungkook: I k-know...

He gave me a faint smile that broke my heart.

V: W-What happened to you?

Jungkook: I got hit by a car... But I'll be fine...

V: HOW ARE YOU GOING TO BE FINE!!?!??

Jungkook leaned into me. I was confused as to what he was going to do, so I went along. Our faces got closer, I could see the dried up stream of blood that came from his mouth onto his lips.

V: J-Jeongguk! Answer me!

Jungkook: I'm going to be f-fine because of y-you.....

His lips crashed onto mine, but he didn't give much of a fight, as he quickly disconnected because he fainted. Jungkook's weak body slumped over mine.

V: J-Jeongguk!!!!!!!!!!!!

The taste of blood was an unsettling for my mouth. Why couldn't you stay on my lips instead of falling over? I'd seriously do anything for you Jungkook. But I guess that's too late, because your life is slipping away...

V: D-Don't leave me Jeongguk!!! Wake up!

I tried everything I could to have my best friend in a consious state once again, even if that meant placing my lips on his a second time. But that failed to work. His blood was smeared across my cheek from my attempt.

Jungkook was starting to bleed out on me and I couldn't do anything but watch him die.

V: Maybe if I go to sleep with you Jeongguk, we will both in Heaven... How's that sound?

Jungkook: .................

I eventually out from the stress.

It was late the next day, when I woke up from my deep slumber, I scanned my surroundings, I was back at the dorm. The first thing that came to my mind was Jungkook.

V: Jeongguk!!!

My weak voice rang out throught the dorm, causing the others members to rush in. I was in tears again and I yearned for my best friend.

Rap Monster: Everyone stand back. Damn!

Leader Rap Monster clears his throat as he forces the other members to move back.

Rap Monster: Taehyung, are you okay?

V: No! I want Jeongguk! Where is Jeongguk?

Rap Monster: He's at the hospital recovering from his injury. He should be discharged with in the next few days.

V: Is he okay?

A stone formed in my throat as I waited for an answer. Rap Monster took a deep breath and spoke.

Rap Monster: He's doing okay aside from the pain.

V: Oh.... I miss him.

Rap Monster: We all miss our little maknae, but I know he means more to you since you two are very close friends.

V: I just wish I hadn't got scared of the manager... I don't know what came over me. And Jeongguk would have never gotten hurt if it wasn't for me. He cares so much for me that he's willing to risk his life. But I don't understand why Jeongguk placed his lips on mine... What form of caring is that? Are friends supposed to do that? I can understand doing that with a girlfriend...

The room grew silent for a few minutes. They all looked at each other as if they heard something out of the ordinary.

Rap Monster: It's okay that you were scared... You may not realize it, but I believe you acted that way to protect yourself from what could have happened again. And, come again with that last part.

V: Jeongguk placed his lips on mine...?

Rap Monster: So it's true?

V: What's true?

Rap Monster: The maknae does have feelings for you.

Jin: The maknae... Is gay?

J-Hope: For Taehyung.

Jin: Ew...

J-Hope: Ew?

Rap Monster: I'd hate to assume, but that's how it seems.

Suga: Excuse me if I may, but didn't Jeongguk's ex say something about a close friend of his stealing his heart?

Rap Monster: His ex was full of , but I guess that's something we can believe now. That close friend of Jeongguk is you Taehyung.

V: Stop talking about Jeongguk like that! I didn't steal anything from him! Can't I steal a girl's heart instead? I'm going to end up hurting my bestfriend, if I don't find girl.

Jimin: We can't just assume Jeongguk's love for Taehyung.

Rap Monster: But no man would just kiss another man.

Jin: I'm disturbed now...

I hid myself under my covers. I couldn't stop thinking about his kiss now. Jungkook's in love with me and I don't feel the same way???

Suga: Taehyung! It's okay if you feel the same way...

Rap Monster: We can talk about it...

V: I just want a girlfriend! Not him!

I didn't feel right by saying that, but I don't want Jungkook. Why he confusing me now?

Rap Monster: Excuse me guys, can I talk with Taehyung in private?

The other members quickly filtered out of my room. Now it was just the leader and I. He sat down on the end of my bed and sighed.

Rap Monster: Taehyung, I can hear in your voice that you're confused.

V: I'm not confused!

Rap Monster: Okay, how about I help you get a girlfriend? Will that make you feel better?

V: Y-Yes! You'll really help me!?

Rap Monster: Yeah, I'll help you... We've noticed that you're a bit lonely. And we feel kind of bad. All the members and I got a girl we can tend to you know? Then here you are, in our shadow with Jeongguk.

V: I'm that lonely? To the point where you guys can notice it?

Rap Monster: Uhh, yeah? There's a huge reason why you and Jeongguk are close friends, you two always have to time to hang out with each other when the members and I are busy. Think about it, Jeongguk has been close to your side even after you got out of the hospital. And you admire my girlfriend.

V: But Jeongguk admires me... What is he going to do once---

Rap Monster: Don't worry about him. If he is your best friend, he'll stay by your side no matter what.

Rap Monster got up from my bed and he walked towards the door.

Rap Monster: Please get some more rest Taehyung. I promise you that he'll be fine and things will work out on your part. Trust your leader on this, or should I say, expert.

V: O-Okay...

Rap Monster: Goodnight Taehyung.

Rap Monster exited my room.

My room was slient but my head wasn't. I was thinking so much about Jungkook and what will happen to him. I've been so blind to ignore how the maknae really feels about me. I just don't feel the same way, and I can't see myself having a boyfriend. I thought we were just close friends, but now I can clearly see that he loves me more than that.

After sorting out my confused feelings, I fell asleep.