When Things Couldn't Get Any Worse...

Looking For The Right One (BTS Fanfiction)

(Suga's POV)

After a few minutes, Rap Monster walked out of V's room with a blank expression. For Rap Monster, the conversation was simple, as for V, it was much more. Yes, I was spying on their conversation. I couldn't help but feel like something wasn't right.

I didn't like the fact that Rap Monster played V. V might yearn for a girl, but his heart lies with Jungkook. It's been a month since he's been out of the hospital... V's amnesia isn't the only factor to make him behave this way. His loner behavior stems from his past. I would know this.

V sadly doesn't remember Jungkook the way he should, and he's oblivious of Jungkook's infatuation. V is lonely even though Jungkook is around him 24/7. Why are you pushing V away from Jungkook?

Rap Monster: Yoongi?

Suga: Namjoon...

Rap Monster: What are you doing outside Taehyung's room?

Suga: Namjoon, don't try to act all sweet with Taehyung now.

Rap Monster: What?

Suga: Just because you failed with him once doesn't mean you can get a second chance.

Rap Monster: What are you talking about Yoongi!?

Suga: Let Taehyung find love on his own okay!?

Rap Monster: W-What? He said he wants a girl and not Jeongguk! I'm just trying to help...

Suga: Don't you get it? He's meant to be with Jeongguk! And the first time you tried to help was the time you gave him amnesia!

Rap Monster: Shut the up! I'm doing him a favor! He won't make the same mistakes I did!

Suga: And what mistakes are you talking about!? You always say about mistakes, but you can't find the balls to tell the group!

Rap Monster: If I told the group, then you might as well start planning my funeral!

Suga: So you're gonna die!?

Rap Monster struck my face with such force, I fell back. Rap Monster stood over me with such anger, it was sudden fear that paralyzed me. Blood leaked from my nose onto my shirt.

Rap Monster: Yoongi, don't be next... Because I'm not afraid to hurt you.

Suga: I'm not afraid to forget...

The sudden adrenaline rush in my body suppressed my fear. I took a deep breath and I pushed Rap Monster away from me. He growled at me suspecting I would throw a hit, instead, I dragged myself up and I quickly walked to my room. I grabbed my hoodie and a lighter, and I left the dorm.

(Jungkook's POV)

Pain, the one thing that woke me up. I was nauseous from it... I rolled around in the uncomfortable hospital bed, and groaning. I couldn't find comfort by laying on my right side, agony, it was.

I leaned over on my left side, and my head hung off the bed. I glared at the floor as the sickness was building in my stomach. I forced myself out of the bed as the sickness was rising. I rushed to the bathroom and I leaned over the toilet.

Jungkook: H-How did I get in this situation.....?

An excess of spit formed in my mouth as I was about to get rid of the sickness. I closed my eyes and I held my stomach in discomfort.

I heard a few footsteps enter the room but I didn't dare turn around to see who it was. Perhaps it was a nurse who was checking on me?

Suga: Jeongguk...

The footsteps and voice I heard didn't belong to a nurse, but belonged to my hyung, Suga. I was confused as to why he'd be visiting right now.

Jungkook: Y-Yoongi...........

Suga slowly walked over to me and he began to gently rub my back knowing I was nauseous. I could feel the sickness coming up my throat, I leaned closer to the toilet bowl. I gagged a few times then I vomited.

I wiped my mouth with my hospital gown then I turned to face Suga.

Suga: So, the boys and I visited you earlier, but you were unconscious from the emergency surgery you received... You had two broken ribs, not to mention some blood loss. How you ran after Taehyung that badly hurt, amazes me. You really love him don't you?

Jungkook: I do love him. I really do...

Suga: You're losing time then...

Jungkook: I know...

Suga: Namjoon talked with Taehyung earlier, and Taehyung realizes that you love him more than a friend now... But, I don't think Taehyung is interested, sadly...

Jungkook: He's still looking for a girl huh?

Suga: Y-Yeah, and Namjoon is helping him...

Jungkook: Aish!

I took off my hospital gown and I placed it over my private area so Suga wouldn't get flashed. I proceeded over to the shower area and I the hot water. Suga watched me closely, making sure I wouldn't hurt myself. We both waited for the bathroom to get steamy.

Suga: You sure you want to take a shower with a huge wound like that?

I looked down to see the injury but it was covered up. I sighed as I nodded my head.

Jungkook: I'm so tired Yoongi, I don't care. I only have enough strength to care about Taehyung.

I dropped the gown onto the floor and I stepped into the shower. Suga turned around to give me privacy. I shut the shower curtains to hide my body.

Suga: The others are starting to notice your love for Taehyung, aren't you worried about that?

Jungkook: It's about time they know their little maknae is gay... It's about time they know my love for Taehyung. Just a few reasons why I broke up with my girlfriend. The truth can't hide forever...

Suga: Don't you think it's weird that everyone is just now noticing this?

Jungkook: Well, considering the fact that I've been in Bangtan since 2011... Yeah, it's ing weird. But, I kind of chose to keep my feelings a secret, for reasons...

(September 3rd, 2011 (Jungkook joined three months ago.) Jin and Jimin haven't joined Bangtan yet.))

Rap Monster: Yah! Attention everyone! Say hello to Bangtan's new member, V!

We all rushed into the living room, envious to see the new member. There he was, standing in the doorway of our dorm with leader Rap Monster. The blonde haired boy bowed shyly.

V: Hai. My name is Kim Taehyung, or for Bangtan, it's V. Please treat me well.

V bowed again as Rap Monster took his belongings to the room he'd be staying in. Suga welcomed the shy boy over because he wasn't going anywhere without Rap Monster.

V cut away from Suga's eye contact by looking at the floor.

Suga: Hello V, I'm Min Yoongi, but you can call me Suga, we're pleased to have you joining Bangtan.

Suga bowed but he was cut off by an excited J-Hope jumping around. V stepped back as he was nervous to see another member greet him.

J-Hope: Finally! Another member who Jeongguk can pick on instead of me!

J-Hope pointed at me causing V to direct his attention at me. V was in a state of confusion as he didn't quite catch what J-Hope said.

V: W-Wait? P-Pick on!?

Suga glared at J-Hope warning him to stop scaring V. I shyly stepped forward but I didn't say anything. I just observed V's features. I observed him unlike any other member. There was something about him that caught my eye, but I wasn't sure what it was, perhaps it was his unique charm?

J-Hope: Anyways, I'm the one and only Jung Hoseok! But you can call me J-Hope because I'm your hope! It's nice to meet you V! We all look forward to working with you!

V: O-Oh... My hope?

Suga: Go on Jeongguk. It's your turn, stop being shy. He's just as shy as you, so you'll be okay.

Suga nudged me closer to the new member. I was starting to freak out, but what could I do now? Back away from this mysterious boy? N-No... I have to face him now since we'll be working together...

Jungkook: H-Hi... I'm Jeon Jeongguk... Or Jungkook.

I bowed and then I attempted to run off, but I ran into leader Rap Monster. Rap Monster laughed and he patted me on the back.

Rap Monster: I'd expect you to be shy, Jeongguk. Anyways, I hope you don't mind, but for right now, Taehyung is staying in your room until we can make more.

Jungkook: Umm, okay...?

Great! The new member is staying in my room. I'm already a shy person! And he's already got such charm and he's not even trying. Aigoo!

V runs over to me and he grabs my arm. My heart unconsciously skips a beat, but I don't know why. I quickly pull away.

Rap Monster: I can already tell that you two will get along... Jeongguk always has his hyungs calling for him, so watch out Taehyung.

Rap Monster laughed as he walked over to Suga and J-Hope. V waited on me to do something.

V: Do you mind showing me around Jeongguk? Or just show me your room, if you want?

Jungkook: S-Sure...

I walked V to my room as J-Hope started making jokes about us, he was the type to joke around with the new members just to make them more comfortable. But honestly, I'm not sure if that's so effective.

J-Hope: Jungkook and V, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Suga: Aish! Already Hoseok!? Stop making everything so A-W-K-W-A-R-D!

Suga was the type that was serious on the outside, but really caring on the inside. Sometimes, he didn't find J-Hope's jokes funny, but found them as a disturbance to everyone.

J-Hope: Well damn Yoongi! Since when did this become a spelling bee!?

Suga: Aish!

But Suga and J-Hope had this special friendship like no other. Although they got on each other's nerves, they cared for each other.

Rap Monster: Yah! Yoongi! Hoseok! Behave! You two are older than the rest of us! You should act like it!

Leader Rap Monster, despite being younger than the two, still had total control over them, but respected them as hyungs.

Jungkook: Don't mind them...

V nodded as I showed him to my room. It wasn't a big room, but he looked around like it was.

V: Do you mind if I sit on your bed?

Jungkook: N-No... I'm pretty sure you've had a long day, so make yourself as comfortable as you want.

V: Thanks!

The room grew silent. I decided to distract myself by playing with the bracelets on my wrist. I wasn't sure how to start a conversation with him.

V suddenly grabbed my arm and he inspected it closely. He wasn't just looking at my arm, but at this one bracelet in particular.

V: Are you gay?

Jungkook: H-Huh? W-What?

How would someone I just met know me this well already?

V: W-Wait! T-That was rude! Excuse me... I meant to say, do you support gays? I was wondering since one of the bracelets you have on, is in rainbow colors with the word love.

(Rainbow colors stands for the pride/support of those in the LGBT+ community.)

My heart stopped as I was met with an overwhelming sensation of confusion. I forgot that I was wearing my pride bracelet. Stupid me! How many more times am I going to lie to people about this damn bracelet? I should just burn it.

Jungkook: I'm not gay but I do support gays...

V: That's cool! I love people who are easily accepting! We are chingus already!

(Back to present day.)

Suga: Taehyung had an automatic attachment to you...

Jungkook: Y-Yeah. Where did that automatic attachment go?

Suga: And you lied to us about that pride bracelet too...

Jungkook: W-What do you mean?

Suga: Yeah, you supported and all, but you wore it to secretly signify your uality.

Jungkook: What else was I supposed to do? Shout out I'm gay? We live in Korea, you can't just go around telling everyone you're gay...

Our conversation was suddenly disturbed by a nurse who ran into the bathroom. She bumped into Suga causing him to drop something. She quickly picked it up and she handed it back to him. I was shocked, the object was a lighter.

Nurse: Yah! Sir! You can't take a shower with a wound that fresh out of surgery! And you were sick! Why didn't you call a nurse?

She glared at the toilet which hadn't been flushed. She knew I had vomited. Suga bowed and stepped out of the bathroom.

Jungkook: My friend Y-Yoongi was helping me... I didn't think that the pain would make me so nausous.

Nurse: Aigoo. I'm glad your friend is helping you but you need a professional. Now we have to clean your wound again. And we can give you more medicine for your pain okay?

Jungkook: Forget about my pain.

I suddenly became rude with the nurse, not on purpose, but I was upset with Suga.

I stepped out of the shower and I quickly wrapped a towel around me. I rushed out of the bathroom and I confronted Suga. The nurse tailed behind me.

Jungkook: Yoongi... You smoke?

Suga: N-No! What are you talking about!?

Jungkook: But I saw the lighter you dropped!

Suga: Okay... I'm not going to lie.

Suga pulled out the lighter I had seen and a small bag of weed. He shamefully looked away. The nurse decided to leave the room since the atmosphere was weird around Suga and I.

Jungkook: W-Why?

Suga: B-Because I feel good when I'm high. Less stress you know?

Jungkook: Is this why you're gone at night sometimes?

Suga: Aish! Yes! That's what's on my file. Listen Jeongguk, we all have secrets. We all have problems... I smoke, your gay, Namjoon has anger issues, and Taehyung was an orphan.

Jungkook: W-What?

Suga: T-Taehyung never told you?

Jungkook: T-Taehyuuuuuuuung..........

When things couldn't get any worse, Taehyung had hidden something from me. He hid an important fact about his life from me, but that's okay, because I never told him I'm gay. So I guess we're both just finding out a few secrets... Damn.

I started to cry, I felt so much confusion and pressure that I vomited on the floor. Suga ran out of the room and called for the nurse's help.

I can't believe it. The Bangtan Boys I once knew aren't the same from when I first joined. How sad. What secrets are Jin, J-Hope, and Jimin hiding from me? I don't think I need to know...

That same nurse that Suga and I saw earlier, ran back into room and over to me. She slowly guided me to the bathroom and over to the toilet. She slid this new gown over me and I quickly adjusted to it.

I dropped the towel that was covering me and I kicked it aside. Suga nervously walked in and watched.

Nurse: Are you okay?

Jungkook: I don't k-know...

Nurse: Do you still feel nauseous?

Jungkook: I don't know. I just feel, lightheaded?

Nurse: Oh honey, all this stress has been getting to you, huh?

Jungkook: ......

Nurse: You wait here, I'm going to go clean your mess okay?

Jungkook: Okay...

The nurse ran out of the bathroom. Suga walked over to the trashcan and he pulled out his lighter and weed, then he tossed the contents in the trash. He pulled up his hood and he turned to leave the room.

Suga: If this makes you feel any better, I'm going to try and quit...

Jungkook: Y-You don't have too...

Suga: I have to, Bangtan is falling apart. And I'm sorry for everything Jeongguk...

With that said, Suga left the room and I felt lonely. The nurse walked back in and she started working on my injury. I became even more lonely. I wanted V. I wanted him badly. I wanted to be with him. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to hug, kiss, and touch him. I wanted to love him...

The nurse gasped. She slightly moved away from me.

Jungkook: W-What's wrong!?

Nurse: I'm sorry to be a disturbance to you sir. I'll leave you alone as soon as possible.

Jungkook: W-What do you--- Ow! Mean?

She accidentally pulled on my stitches causing some slight pain and discomfort.

Nurse: I c-can't say...

Her face was red as she looked down. Then she took her attention back to my wound. She quickly fixed up my injury and left.

I sighed as I walked over to the mirror, then I realized what she gasped at.

Jungkook: Uhhhg! I'm always getting a at the wrong time, I have Taehyung to blame for that.

Don't think about V. Don't think about V. Don't think about V. Don't think about V. Annnnnnnnnnd I'm thinking about V.

Jungkook: Okay, Kookie, are you gone? Nope?

I checked myself, but it's still there... P-Please don't make me do what I so badly have the urge to do, not here in the hospital! Nope!

Jungkook: Okay, It's time to sleep. Timmmmmme to sleeeeeeeeeep Jeongguk. Everything will hopefully be better in the morning and I can start a fresh day. Less stress and pain, I'll get to see everyone and I won't be so sick and yeahhh.

With that said, I avoided my urge and I went to sleep.