chapter 4

You're my destiny

Krystal walked out of the dressing room. Mark stared at her with in satisfaction. “Wow..not bad.” Mark said. Krystal walked to him. “I..I don’t know what to say—“ Krystal was cut off. ‘Don’t say anything…come on, let’s go.” Mark said as he held out his hand. Krystal smiled as she took his hand. “Where are we going?” She asked. “To a party.” He answered. Krystal hesitated. Mark looked at her. “Don’t worry okay?” He said as began to pull her. Mark and Krystal stood there at the door. He looked at her a smiled. “Have confidence..from now on your the queen..No one will be able to look down on you...act naturally as if this is your house..” Mark paused. Krystal didn’t reply and just nodded. “Come on.” He said as he held out his hand. Krystal looked at him and grabbed his hand. He then opened the door revealing the beautiful, elegance place which was filled with people. Mark and Krystal walked in earning stares from everyone. Woman stared at Krystal with envy and the men stared at Krystal with hunger in their eyes. It was unbelievable on how everything changed so quickly. As Mark and Krystal walked around, Daehyun and Miss Lee immediately spotted them. “Oh my god..” Miss lee said. Daehyun stared at Krystal almost as if he was in love. “Wow…” He thought. He stood up and Miss lee instantly grabbed his arm. “Where are you going?” She asked. Daehyun smirked. “Don’t worry.” Daehyun said before he walked away. Krystal greeted everyone with a smile; She looked like a queen who had a beautiful soul and heart and due to that everyone loved her. “Hey.” Daehyun said as he grabbed Krystal’s arm. Both Mark and Krystal looked at Daehyun. Krystal couldn’t say anything nor did she want to. Mark looked at Krystal and sighed under his breath. “Annyeonghaseyo…my name is Mark..and you are?” Mark said with a nice smile. Daehyun scoffed. “Don’t try to act nice.” Daehyun replied. Mark laughed causing Krystal to look at him in confusion. “Your funny, you know that?…I’m the one that’s playing nice?…maybe you should reconsider who’s the one who’s acting.” Mark responded. Daehyun scoffed once more. “Krystal…you look beautiful.” Daehyun said focusing his attention to her. Krystal looked at Daehyun. “She is…isn’t she?..too bad that she isn’t your date for tonight. “Mark said. Daehyun glared at Mark. “Okay what is your problem?? Do you want to fight??…no that’s childish…” Daehyun replied. “I think we should go.” Krystal suggested. Mark looked at Krystal and nodded. “Your right…we should go.” Mark said. He grabbed her hand and they both started to walk. “Ah ah wait wait.” Daehyun said as he grabbed Krystal’s arm. They both stopped and looked at Daehyun. “…I…I need—“ Daehyun was cut off. “Wait wait wait…you need something?” Mark paused. He scoffed. “That’s a shocker…your asking us for something…what is it that we can do for you?” Mark asked with a smirk plastered on his face. “M-money..” Daehyun answered with a low tone. “What?..Money?…HA!! Your very funny, you know that?..you were the one that pushed this beautiful woman away and went to go gamble with that over there that you call Miss Lee…” Mark laughed. 

Krystal stared at the ground and Daehyun instantly noticed. “Aish..I knew it…Just because you dress like a queen..doesn’t make you one…I will..no..people will still know the truth about you…your just a low life…that no one will care about—“ Daehyun was cut off. “What did you just say?…Aish, people like you make me angry…For you, it’s all about the money..but unfortunately you don’t have any right now? Why? Because you used it all when you gamble…you look low and cheap right now…I thought you were from a nobility..” Mark said. Daehyun quickly looked at Krystal. “Ah..why are being cold me to, honey? You shouldn’t be like this to a fellow co-worker…what will you do when you see my face tomorrow at work? Huh?” Daehyun asked as he held Krystal’s hand. Krystal slightly pushed him away. Mark scoffed. “If you want money all you had to do was ask.” Mark said. Daehyun looked at Mark. “But only if you right here, right now, in front of this lady…get on your knees and apologize.” Mark finished. Krystal looked at Mark. “No..no..Mark why would you say that..” She thought. Daehyun looked at Krystal and then back at Mark who was raising his eyebrows. Daehyun sighed under his breath as he slowly got on his knees. Daehyun looked up at Krystal and grabbed her hand. “I’m sorry..I was wrong..I’m really reflecting on my mistakes..you can see it on my face, right?” Daehyun paused. He in-haled and ex-haled. “I’m sorry..” He apologized once more. Krystal looked at Daehyun as Mark looked at Krystal. “Stop and stand up.” Krystal replied. She looked at Mark and bowed before walking away, leaving the party. Daehyun instantly got up and looked at Mark. “I’m going to get my money now right?” Daehyun asked. Mark looked at Daehyun and scoffed. He took out his wallet and threw all the money he had in there which was about 10k. “Take it..low life..” Mark said before he went to go search for Krystal. It took him a while but he managed to find her sitting on a bench outside with the clothes she had on this morning. He sighed as he walked to her. “Can I sit here?” Mark asked. Krystal looked at mark and nodded. Mark sat down next her and looked at her. “You changed your clothes..” Mark said. Krystal nodded. “I don’t think i’m capable of wearing something like that..” Krystal replied. Mark didn’t reply and just looked at the sky. “I’m stupid aren’t I?…even though you gave me a chance for revenge..I just gave up so easily…” Krystal said. Mark looked at Krystal. “So why do you forgive someone like that?” Because he’s pitiful?” Mark asked. 

“Watching him kneel for money…not him..but I looked pitiful…” Krystal answered. Mark didn’t reply and instead stared at her. “Everything for me was real…my feelings towards him…but everything for him was fake….now all I feel is lonely..” Krystal added. Mark faced Krystal. “I as well…because Naeun didn’t come…became lonely.” Mark replied. Krystal looked at Mark and faced him. “I even prepared a proposal..” Mark stopped talking. Krystal shook her head slowly. “What’s wrong?” He asked as he saw tears fall from her face. “I’m so sorry…because of me..your proposal didn’t work out…It didn’t work out due to my bad luck…” Krystal answered. Mark sighed. He immediately wiped her tears away. “It’s not your fault.” Mark replied. Krystal looked at Mark. “…I know it’s random but..those two girls..can you forgive them?…they’re really good people…they must have a reason for doing this..” Krystal said. Mark sighed under his breath. “Fine..I’ll forgive them..It looks like we were both victims…since one of us asked to forgive them, why don’t we go ahead and do that…I’ll tell the security not to turn them over to the police.” Mark replied. Krystal slightly smiled. “Thank you.” She said. “Let’s just start over then...my name is Mark Tuan.” Mark introduced himself. Krystal nodded. “You already know my name..Krystal…Krystal jung..” Krystal replied. Mark smiled. “Ah I forgot..” Mark paused as he dug in his pocket. Krystal looked at him in confusion. He then pulled out Krystal's necklace. “Since it’s important to you..I fixed it…we all need something to cherish  of our loved ones.” Mark said as he handed it to her. Krystal instantly smiled and bowed three times while saying Thank you. Mark chuckled. Krystal flinched when she heard a car honking. “Ah..it’s my ride…” Mark said. Krystal nodded. Mark then walked to the car. He opened the car door and was about to get in but stopped. He turned around and looked at Krystal who was watching him. “Forget about what happened yesterday…” Mark said. Krystal nodded. “Of course…it’s not like we’re gonna see each other again.” Krystal replied. Mark smiled. “And it’s not good for a person to be too nice....remember...be confident..and don’t get intimidated…Good-bye.” He said before he waved. Krystal bowed once more and watched as he got in the car and left. 

A couple of weeks later: 

Everything was already back to the way it was. Mark continued his promoting with his group Got 7 and Krystal on the other hand still remained as a house maid for her co-workers. Krystal struggled to carry the boxes of Pizza and bags of soda. “AISH KRYSTAL!!” Amber yelled. Krystal stopped and looked at Amber as she walked to her. Amber sighed as she took the boxes of pizza from her. “People will think your a delivery person if you just put on a helmet.” amber said out of frustration. “I was on my way anyways..so it was no worry—“ Krystal was cut off. “Then don’t go anywhere and don’t say anyways…don’t do either of them..” Amber said as they both walked. “Not everyone can live so decisively…people like me exist too..” Krystal replied as they walked. Krystal and amber stopped when they saw a crowd of people who were screaming in excitement, holding up posters while security guards tried to hold them back. “What’s happening over there?” Amber asked. Krystal shrugged. They both looked at the Van and saw a group of Males come out of it. “Ah..it’s an idol group.” Amber said with a smile plastered on her face. Krystal nodded with a smile. Her smile instantly disappeared when she saw a familiar face. “Aish…I thought we were never going to see each other again...” She thought. Krystal quickly turned around when she noticed he glanced at her. Amber looked at Krystal and then at the guys who walked in the company. “What is it? Do you know him?” Amber asked. “No..no I don’t.” Krystal lied. Amber frowned but immediately smiled afterwards. “Kaja! Let’s go upstairs and eat.” Amber said before she started to walk.