chapter 25

You're my destiny

Amber opened the door. “Hey.” She said. Jackson slightly smiled. “Hey.” He replied as he walked in. Amber closed the door. “Where’s Krystal??” He asked scanning the apartment. “She’s in the kitchen.” Amber answered as she ex-haled. Jackson nodded. “Okay great, I’m gonna go see her—“ Jackson was cut off. “No no no…you’re marks friend.” Amber said. Jackson frowned. “Okay..I don’t understand.” He responded. “Why are you playing stupid??” Amber asked as she rose her eyebrows. “I’m not.” He answered. Amber’s eyebrows furrowed. “You seriously don’t know what’s going on??” Amber asked. Jackson remained silent and just shook his head. “You didn’t talk to Mark?” She asked. Jackson scoffed. “No. He doesn’t answer my texts nor calls..I’m worried..which is why I came here to talk to Krystal since she is also not answering my calls or texts.” Jackson explained. Amber slightly shook her head as she looked down. Jackson looked at her. “What’s going on Amber?? Did something happen??” Jackson asked as he frowned. Amber looked up at him and released a heavy sigh. “Mark broke up with Krystal.” She answered as she crossed her arms around her chest. Jackson’s mouth slightly opened in shock. “Are-are you serious??” He stuttered. Amber nodded. “He broke up with her a few days ago and..she hasn’t been the same since..she’s yelling..crying…not eating…and I just don’t know what to do…I mean I’m her best friend, I should know what to do but I’m..I’m stuck and I just want to help—“ Amber was cut off by Jackson whom grabbed her arms. “Amber you are helping..you’re letting her stay at your apartment and you’re by her side.” Jackson said. Amber nodded. Suddenly, a loud a crash was heard. 

The two glanced at each other before rushing off to the kitchen. “What are you doing?!?” Amber asked, raising her voice as they ran inside the kitchen. Krystal looked at the two as she held tightly onto the bottle of tequila. “I accidentally knocked over glass cup while trying to get this bottle.” She answered simply. The two stared at her. “Krystal you can’t drink that.” Jackson said with a stern voice. “Yeah well…I don’t care..” She replied as she opened the bottle. “Krystal stop it. You’re acting irrational.” Amber responded. Krystal looked at Amber, staring at her for a moment. “I need this..” She said with sadness written in her tone. Lifting the bottle up to , Amber and Jackson quickly ran to her trying to grab the bottle. Some of the tequila spilled on them as they “fought” over the bottle.  Amber and Jackson yelled and yelled trying to tell her to give them the bottle. However, Krystal’s grip was tight. She didn’t want to let go..she wanted this..no…she needed this. “KRYSTAL LET GO!!” Jackson yelled. Krystal shook her head as she spoke. “NO I NEED THIS!!” She yelled back, veins popping out of her neck. “KRYSTAL IT’S BAD FOR THE BABY!!” Amber exclaimed. Before Krystal could even reply, Jackson managed to yank the bottle away from her. However, as he did, the bottle slipped out of his hands crashing onto the floor. Krystal stared down at the floor as tears began to form in her eyes and slightly opened. Jackson and Amber glanced at each other before they both looked at Krystal. “I’m sorry..” Krystal said in sadness with her voice cracking. The two frowned as they watched tears fall down her cheeks. “I’m so sorry…” She said breaking down causing the two to embrace her into a hug. 

Mark poured himself yet another glass of liquor, drowning himself again. He looked over at his ring on the table which was right where he left it during their conversation. {“Why are you saying this?? You-you told me that you loved me.” Krystal asked rapidly. “Krystal I thought I did…but-but…I think I said it because…I loved the idea of…having this family.” Mark answered, trying to explain.} Mark drank more. He wanted to feel numb. He wanted to stop thinking for just a second. He flinched upon hearing his phone ring. He looked at his phone that was placed on the table, staring at the caller ID. He rolled his eyes in annoyance as he read the name “Jackson” in his head. He poured himself another glass and took a sip. The ringing stopped for a few seconds. Mark sighed in relief. However, quickly his phone rang again. Out of anger, Mark grabbed his phone. “LEAVE ME ALONE!!” He yelled in anger as he threw the phone. The ringing stopped. He ran his hands down his face as he exhaled heavily.  Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. Mark froze. He wondered who could it possibly be. He contemplated if he should even get up to open the door or to just act like no one’s home. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up. He exited the kitchen and headed towards the door. However, he stopped. Shaking his head, he thought. “No..I don’t feel like seeing anyone..” He thought. As he turned around, the person spoke. “Mark I know you’re home…it’s me..” A familiar voice said behind the door. Mark froze as he clenched his teeth upon realizing who the voice belongs to. “Naeun..” He muttered. “Mark please…please open the the door…we need to talk..” She pleaded. Mark remained silent and still. He wanted..no he needed a break from her..from Krystal..from everyone. Naeun stood in front of the door as tears began to form in her eyes. “I know it’s hard..but we need to talk about this…a-about us..so please open the door..” 

Note: I know how some of you have been posting on my wall about me updating this story so I'll tell you this...I will be focusing more on this story!! :) I'm glad you guys enjoy this story!! Thank you for messaging me, for commenting, for reading!! You guys are truly wonderful :) With that being said, Until next time guys~ :)