Chapter 28

You're my destiny

Krystal walked down the aisle, holding tightly onto her cart filled with groceries. She halted, opening one of the freezer doors, taking out an orange juice. A sigh escaped her lips as she placed it in her cart. She didn’t really need groceries..she just needed to do something occupy herself. She clenched her teeth as she stared down at her cart. She felt tears forming in her eyes as she sniffled. Suddenly, her name was called. Quickly, Krystal composed herself, looking ahead. “Myungsoo oppa.” She said, releasing a small smile. Myungsoo released a wide smile as he walked towards her. “What um..what are you doing here?” She asked. “Grocery shopping.” He answered simply. Krystal mentally slapped herself upon realizing how dumb that question was. “I’m here with Sunggyu…he sent me to get some juice.” He added. Krystal nodded as she remained silent. Myungsoo eyed Krystal, noticing how her demeanor completely changed since the last time they spoke. “What’s wrong?” He asked, worried about her. Krystal looked up at Myungsoo. He saw right through her. “Um…Mark and I broke up..” Krystal said, her voice beginning to tremble. Myungsoo’s eyebrows furrowed as he touched her arm. “Are you okay?” He asked with a soft tone. Krystal stood still for a moment, staring at Myungsoo’s intense eyes. “I have to be.” She answered. Myungsoo remained silent as he knew she had more to say. “I mean…it’s better to know now before the baby comes…I think if Mark told me after it would cause a lot of problems..” Krystal added. Myungsoo slightly nodded his head. “Myungsoo come on!” Sunggyu said walking towards the two. Krystal immediately removed his hand from her arm. “Just a minute!” He replied, still staring at Krystal. “You should go.” Krystal suggested. “I think you need to be with someone Krystal.” Myungsoo said. Krystal shook her head. “No I’m..I’m fine.” She responded. Myungsoo sighed. Not taking no for an answer, Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu. “Go on without me..I’ll be back at the house later.” He said. Sunggyu sighed as he grabbed a juice from the fridge. “Alright..I’ll see you later.” Sunggyu replied. Myungsoo nodded as he watched Sunggyu walk away from the two. “Oppa it’s fine. You should go with him—“ Krystal was cut off. “Krystal it’s okay..I want to do this…and besides..we haven’t hung out in a while.” Myungsoo said, causing Krystal to nod, giving in. 

Mark paced back and forth in his room. He looked at his phone on the bed. Halting, Mark grabbed his phone and searched for someone in his contacts. “Naeun.” He read in his mind, staring at her name. He shook his head turning his screen off and then threw his phone back on his bed. Staring down at it, he contemplated if he should do this or not. Suddenly, the door opened.  Mark looked towards the door, seeing Jackson staring back at him. Quickly, Mark grabbed his phone, knowing what Jackson was about to do. Jackson immediately ran towards Mark, trying to take the cell phone away from him. “I NEED TO CALL HER!” Mark yelled, wrestling with Jackson over the phone. “NO!” Jackson yelled back. “JACKSON PLEASE!” Mark pleaded. Pushing Mark onto the bed, Jackson managed to snatch the phone from his grasps. “Jackson give me back my phone!” Mark said, trying to get up. However, Jackson pushed Mark down onto the bed. “Enough!” Jackson exclaimed causing Mark to halt. Mark looked up at Jackson as he breathed heavily. “Calling Naeun will only confuse you Mark.” Jackson said. Mark shook his head. “No..no I just need to talk to her—“ Mark was cut off. “Mark she gets into your head—she gets under your skin!…she broke your heart!! Why are you allowing her to ruin something good?!?” Jackson asked, raising his voice. Mark remained silent. “I know you guys were together for a long time…I know you were going to ask her to marry you…but you can’t keep doing this to yourself…there’s only so much damage you can take…” Jackson said.  Tears began to form in Mark’s eyes as he looked down. “What am I suppose to do??” Mark asked, his voice beginning to tremble. Mark looked up at Jackson with his eyebrows furrowing. “WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO JACKSON?!?” Mark yelled. Jackson ex-haled heavily as he noticed the tears falling from Mark’s eyes. “HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET THROUGH THIS?!?” Mark yelled, standing up. 

Krystal placed the milk in the fridge, closing it after. She looked at Myungsoo who grabbed the empty plastic bags from the counter. “You didn’t have to help me.” She said. Myungsoo looked at Krystal and slightly smile. “I wanted to.” He replied. Krystal nodded. Silence filled the air for a few seconds as Myungsoo threw the plastic bags away. “Did you eat anything?” He asked, looking at her. Krystal looked at him. “Um..No..not yet.” She answered. Myungsoo nodded. “Would you like me to cook for you?” He asked. Krystal’s eyebrows rose. “Oh um..no it’s okay…I could order in.” She replied. “Then what was the point of grocery shopping?” Myungsoo asked as he rose his eyebrows. Krystal remained silent. Myungsoo slightly nodded as he began walking up to her. “Well it’s fine…I’ll cook you a meal.” He said. Krystal looked up at him. “You don’t have to do this—“ Krystal was cut off. “Krystal it’s fine.” He assured her. Silence filled the air as the two stared at one another. Krystal in-haled and ex-haled slowly. “Okay…” She replied. Myungsoo released a wide smile. “Go and sit down. You can watch if you like.” He said. Krystal nodded her head and headed towards the kitchen table. Sitting down, Krystal watched Myungsoo dig around the kitchen, grabbing whatever he needed for the meal he was preparing. Every few minutes he would look at Krystal with a smile and then continue with cooking. He seemed like a natural in cooking. He made no mistakes, no mishaps, everything was perfect. The ammonia of the food engulfed Krystal’s nose which made Krystal’s stomach rumble. She bit her lips as she stared at the food he was making. Myungsoo glanced at her, noticing how she was mesmerized by the food. He smiled, chuckling a little bit as he proceeded. Soon enough, Myungsoo was finished. Krystal stared at him as he walked to her, holding onto two plates. “Here you go.” He said as he placed the plate in front her. Krystal finally released a bright smile as she stared at the food on her plate. Myungsoo chuckled as he sat down across from her as he placed his plate on the table. Silence filled the air as the two began to eat peacefully. Myungsoo halted as he looked up at Krystal, noticing how happily she ate. Every now and then, she would do a little dance in her seat as she took a bite. Myungsoo smiled as he watched her. Krystal finally noticed his stares. She looked at him. “What?” She asked as she chewed her food. Myungsoo shook his head. “Nothing..” He answered with a smile before he began to eat his food again. 

Naeun sighed as she drank her coffee. She made sure she fixed her hat and hood, making sure no one can find out who she is. She stared out the window as she waited for someone. After a few more minutes, a man walked to her. “Hey.” He said. She looked up at him and scoffed. “Do you know how long I waited for you??” She asked in aggravation. The man scoffed as he sat down across from her. “Just be glad I came.” He replied. Naeun rolled her eyes as she took a sip of her coffee. “Do you have it?” He asked. “Tsk.” She muttered as she dug in her coat pocket for the envelope. She slid the envelope in front of him. “It’s all of it?” He asked as he rose his eyebrows. “Of course.” She answered as she watched him check. Tha man suddenly stood up as he put the envelope in his jacket pocket. She looked up at him with wide eyes. “Where are you going??” She asked rapidly. “Why?” He asked back. “I have more things I need you to do.” She answered simply. The man sighed as he sat back down in his seat. “Haven’t you done enough to that woman?” He asked as he rose his eyebrows. Naeun scoffed. “She needs to know her place.” She replied. “She’s pregnant with his child…you can’t just kick her out of his life.” The man responded. “Yeah we’ll see about that.” Naeun said with a smirk plastered on her face. The man’s eyebrows furrowed. He slightly titled his head, opening his mouth to speak. “What are you planning to do to her??” He asked. Naeun looked at him, holding tightly onto her coffee. “The question is..what are you planning to do to her.” Naeun replied with a psychotic smile before she took another sip of her coffee. 

Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Please comment on what you think! I will be replying~ Until next time guys~ :)