chapter 1

You're my destiny

"Are you really sure about this Mark? I mean you only been dating her for 3 years.." Jackson said as he leaned against the wall. Mark smiled as he tried to regain his breath. "She's the love of my life Jackson...of course I'm sure about this." Mark answered. Before Jackson could reply someone yelled for Mark happily. They both looked at the person and Jackson immediately scoffed. "Hey babe." Mark said as he walked to his girlfriend of three years. Naeun smiled. "Hey..missed me?" She asked. Mark smiled and nodded. “Of course why wouldn’t I miss my honey bun.” He answered causing the members to look at him in disgust when he said that. Naeun smiled. “Are you guys finished practicing?” She asked. Mark shook his head. "No..we still have to practice a couple of more times and then we're finished." Mark answered. He was about to hug her but she stopped him. "Your sweating...you know how much I hate sweat." She stated. Mark sighed. "But you sweat to Naeun...all I want is a hug...a quick hug." Mark said with a pout. Naeun sighed. "Fine...two seconds that's all i'm giving you." Naeun replied. Mark smiled as he hugged her quickly. "Okay okay ew you can get off now." She said as she pushed him back. Mark chuckled. "Your gonna come with me right? To the resort?" Mark asked. "Of course I am..I wouldn't miss it." Naeun answered. Mark nodded. "Good don’t forget okay? It’s in two days." Mark responded. Naeun chuckled. "I got to go..I'll call you." She said before she gave him a peck on the lips. "You know you always say that but you never do." Mark said. "This time I will." She said as she walked out of the practice room. "I don't see it man...why her?...out of all the female idols to choose from...you chose her..." Jackson said as he walked to him. Mark laughed as he shook his head. "Let's just get back to practice." Mark said. Jackson scoffed. "COME ON GOT7 LET'S GO!!" Jackson yelled causing all the members to groan in frustration as they walked to him. “You know your gonna have to talk to JYP right?” Jackson asked. Mark chuckled. “I already did…and he’s perfectly fine with this.” Mark replied with a smile plastered on his face. 

Krystal sighed as she got on the elevator. She struggled to hold the cups of coffee and the bags of donuts. "I'll help you with that." Someone said causing Krystal to smile. "Thanks." She replied as she watched him take the cups of coffee out of her hands. After a couple of minutes, the elevator finally opened. They both walked out of the elevator and headed to their department. "Thank you." She said as she took the cups of coffee away from him. He smiled. "No problem..." He said with a sweet voice that caused Krystal's heart to melt. “Do you want one?” She asked. “Is it okay for me to take one?” He asked back. “Go ahead.” She answered. He smiled once again as he took a cup of coffee. “By the way, why it is always you who does this?” He asked before he took a sip of his coffee. “Actually I was on my way out so….I just…yeah..” She answered. Before the man could reply Krystal cut him off by bowing. “Thank you for your help.” The man nodded. “I’ll see you later.” He said before he left. Krystal then began handing out the cups of coffee with the donuts. Everyone then began to call for her name. They were asking her to throw they’re things away and clean the desks. “Coming.” She managed to say. After she was done she went to the trash can to clean it out. “HEY!” Someone yelled causing Krystal to flinch. She looked at the person. “Amber don’t scare me like that.” Krystal said with a soft tone. “Those stupid particulate matter(dust)-like people….didn’t I tell you to stop doing things like this, Right?…every time you do this it makes me feel upset too.” Amber replied with an aggravated tone. “I have to do it if they asked me too..” Krystal responded. Amber scoffed. “I’m not a house keeper! I’m not doing errands for you! I’m a editor not a maid! Why can’t you say that?!?” Amber said out of frustration. Krystal didn’t reply. Amber sighed. “I told you to clearly reject them, that your not doing it.” Amber added. Krystal looked at Amber. “Why can’t I do that? I can’t say no.” Krystal said. “That’s a disease, a freaking disease…Your-too-nice-it’s -annoying disease!” Amber replied. “it’s not because I’m too nice…If I refuse to do it, Imagine how embarrassed the other person would be….I can’t stand that..” Krystal explained herself. 

“Even with saying no, It’ll work with practice!..Everything is hard at first but it’s easier next time.” Amber said. Krystal didn’t reply. “Just practice.” Amber added.  Krystal shook her head. "You know the word no is not in my vocabulary." Krystal replied. "Just practice Stupid.” Amber responded. Krystal nodded. Amber rose her eyebrows waiting for her to say it. “Oh you mean right now?” Krystal asked. “Yeah right now…do it.” Amber ordered. Krystal nodded once more. “N-N….I can’t do it…” Krystal said. Amber sighed as she shook her head. “Hey guys.” A guy said. “Oh hey.” Amber replied. Krystal looked at the man and instantly smiled. “Thank you for helping me earlier.” She said. “Stop thanking me, It was no big deal.” He replied as he threw the cup of coffee away. Krystal nodded still with a smile plastered on her face. “Well I’ll talk to you guys later..I have work to do.” He said before he left he girl alone. “Are you freaking serious?? Daehyun likes you girl.” Amber said as she jumped in excitement. Krystal shook her head. “Aniyo…he just helped me earlier..” Krystal said. “But—“ Amber was cut off when Someone called Krystal’s name. Krystal immediately went to the person. “Here’s your mail.” The man said. “Ah thank you.” She replied as she took it from him. “Also, can I ask you for a favor?” He asked. “Favor?” Krystal asked. Krystal knew that Amber was already shaking her head waiting for her to say no. “I can’t do it today.” Krystal said. “Okay, I understand. That’s possible, right?” He said with a sad face. “I have to endure…it’s be fine if the time goes..” Krystal thought. “1 second, 2 seconds, 3…No. As expected, I can’t do it..” She thought. She then looked at the man. “Sure. I can do a favor. What is it?” She asked.  Amber threw her hands up in the air as she looked at Krystal with the are-you-serious-face. “My daughter is coming back from America and I want her to just relax you know? Just take a day off...and so I wanted to walk her dogs but I’m just so busy that I can’t…can you do that for me?” The man said as he handed her a post-it with an address on it. Krystal nodded as she looked at address. “Thank you.” He said before he left. Krystal then received a smack on her arm .”OW!” She yelled. “You really need help girl.” Amber said.  

Mark roamed around in the city. He went to every jewelry store searching for the ring he wanted. After getting what he needed, he went to the park and relaxed for a bit. He took out the ring and smiled with satisfaction as he stared at it. “Naeun..I think it will suit you well…I hope you accept it.” He said. He flinched when he heard someone yell stop. All he saw was a big group of dogs running straight towards him. Mark's eyes opened wide. "Oh oh ." Mark cursed. Before he could run the dogs already jumped on him. "Oh my god...I'm so sorry." A woman apologized as she grabbed all of the leashes and began pulling them off of him. Mark instantly stood up dusting himself off. “It’s fine.” He said with an aggravated tone. He then immediately noticed that something was missing. "My ring.." He said. The woman looked at him in confusion. "What?" She asked. "My ring...it's gone...MY RING IS GONE!!" He began to yell causing the girl to flinch. "I-I'll look for it...it can't just disappear." She replied as she began to search for it. “FIND IT!! FIND IT NOW!!” Mark yelled causing people to stare at him. Krystal nodded rapidly as she searched for it everywhere. As soon as she spotted it, someone picked it up. “Oh Yeobo look what I found.” The man said. The woman looked at him and smiled. “It’s so beautiful.” The woman replied. Krystal immediately went to them. “Excuse me…That ring doesn’t belong to you—“ Krystal was cut off. “Is it yours?” The man asked. Krystal shook her head. “No but—“ She was cut off once more. “Then why does it matter to you huh?” The woman asked. Krystal didn’t reply. Mark looked at Krystal as she stood there quietly as the couple said mean things to her. Mark scoffed as he walked over there. “That doesn’t belong to you, did you pay for it? No. I did. Now give it to me.” Mark said as he held out his hand. The couple looked at him with the are you serious face. “I’m going to count to 5…if the ring is not placed on my hand, i’m going to call the police.” Mark added. The couple didn’t move. Mark rose his eyebrows. “!…2…3…4..5—“ Mark was cut off. “OKAY OKAY HERE!!” The man said as he gave Mark the ring. The couple then walked away. Mark scoffed. “Thanks for nothing.” He said with an aggravated tone. “I’m sorry for causing you trouble..” She said as she stared at the ground. “Whatever..nuisance..” He replied before he walked away. 

Krystal sighed as she walked back inside the company. “Hey amber.” Krystal said as she walked to her. “Oh hey, did you know that today is the day that our boss is giving one lucky winner a free trip to a resort?” Amber asked excitedly. Krystal frowned. “Not like any of us is gonna win..” Krystal replied. Amber scoffed. “Why do you always got to think negative huh?” Amber asked. Krystal sighed. “I’m sorry.” Krystal said. Amber smiled. “Let’s go see who’s the winner.” Amber said. Krystal nodded. Amber then grabbed Krystal’s arm and then pulled her to the office. “Okay okay everyone quiet down.” Their boss said. Everyone then went silent and looked at her. “Today is the day to find out who’s our lucky winner for the 4 days and 3 nights vacation.” Their boss said causing everyone to squeal in excitement including the males. “Let’s see who’s the winner.” She said in excitement. She then pulled out a name tag from the box. “And the winner is…Krystal Jung…” Everyone glared at Krystal who had her eyes wide open. “YOU WON!!” Amber yelled in excitement. Their boss then walked to her. “Here…there’s two tickets…you can bring anyone with you..but remember it’s only for 4 days and 3 nights okay?” She said with a smile. Krystal nodded with hung low still in shock of what just happened. Afterwards, Krystal and Amber sat in the cafeteria. “Man…I wish I could go with you..” Amber said sadly. Krystal smiled. “It’s okay..I might not even go..” Krystal said causing amber’s eyes to open wide. “WHAT?!?” Amber yelled. “It’s gonna be lonely by myself..” Krystal explained. “No it’s not…that’s why you have two freaking tickets…TWO!!” Amber replied. Krystal sighed. “Who am I gonna go with huh?…you can’t go because you have another job…I’m gonna be at the resort by myself…and I don’t want that..” Krystal explained before she began to drink her juice. Amber scoffed. “No you won’t be alone…bring Daehyun..” Amber responded causing Krystal to cough.

“WHAT?!?’ She yelled in disbelief. Amber chuckled. “You two have flirted with each other enough already….just ask him casually…would you like to go with me to the resort…that’s all you have to say girl.” Amber relied. Krystal shook her head. “I’m too afraid to ask that—“ Krystal was cut off. “Let me see your phone.” Amber said. “What? what for?” Krystal asked in confusion as she took out her phone from her pocket. “Give it to me.” Amber ordered. Krystal hesitated. “What are you gonna do?” Krystal asked. Amber scoffed as she snatched the phone from Krystal’s hand. “What are you doing???” Krystal asked as she saw amber typing. “Asking Daehyun if he wants to go to the resort with you—“ Amber was cut off. “ARE YOU CRAZY?!? HE PROBABLY THINKS I’M A CRAZY PERSON—“ Krystal was cut off when the phone went off. “It’s him!! It’s him!!” Amber said in excitement. Krystal immediately stood up and went to Amber’s side. “What did he say??” Krystal asked worriedly. Amber looked at Krystal and smiled. “HE SAID YES!!” She yelled. Krystal’s eyes opened wide. “YOUR LYING!!” Krystal yelled back. “He said out of all the people you could go with you chose me?..keke..I would love to go with you if your still up for it…if so text back.” Amber read. “Oh my god…What do I do?” Krystal asked worriedly. “Nothing, just stand there.” Amber said as she began on typing. “What are you doing?” Krystal asked. “Texting back.” Amber answered with smile plastered on her face.