Chapter 9: Greasy Luck

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~NINE~

GREASY LUCK

 

“Okay, pick your partners.” The instructor said. I get back to my senses. I don’t know who’s going to be my partner.

            “Yumae!” I look up, a guy offering me his hand.

            “Can you be my partner?” I smile. Thank God I have a friend like him.

            “S-sure, Kai.” Then he grabbed my hand.

            “First position for boys, place your right hand on the girls’ waist.” The instructor said. As Kai slowly put his hand on my waist, I feel some electricity all over my body. Gosh, what is this feeling? I gulp as I can feel his hand.

            “For girls, left hand to the guy’s right shoulder.” The instructor said, I awkwardly lift my left hand slowly not looking to Kai, but to my surprise, Kai hold my hand as if helping me to lift my own hand then he slowly placed my hand onto his shoulder. I look at him this time and he looks at me too, we’re locking our eyes to each other, he’s taller than me so that his head is tilted down just to look at me.

            “Then guy’s left hand should support the girl’s right hand and stretch it, leveling it to the girls’ shoulder.” Instructor said. I trace Kai’s hand with my eyes as he slowly grabs my right hand and lift it, holding on it with care.

            “Then, you should have locked your eyes together.” I gulp then slowly move my eyes to meet his. He smirks at me. Gosh… I simply bite my lower lip and try not to be affected by his presence.

            “48 counts to your partner the switch partners, another 48 counts then switch partners again. 48 counts again then go back to your original partners.” The instructor explained.

            We are dancing waltz, the instructor had finished teaching us regarding the steps and we’re now ready to try it while switching with partners.

            “1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8…” the instructor counts.

Kai’s presence is so strong. He’s a good, no—he’s a very great dancer too. Until I remember the first day I’ve met him at the door and the moment that I crushed myself to him. I smile a bit, time is so fast and now we’re getting closer. I can’t help not to smile when I remember the scenario at the locker room where we cross paths again.

            “What’s funny?” he asked. I get back to my senses quickly.

            “Huh? Uh… nothing.”

            “Seriously? Do I have any dirt in my face?”

            “Nothing. I-I just remember… something.” Then he nod and he stare deeply in my eyes. My brows furrow a little, why all of a sudden? I pout as I feel the wall between the two of us.

            “Alright, switch partners!” the instructor commanded. I turn and…

            “Hi.” I smile.

           “K-Kyungsoo…” we danced together, the atmosphere between me and Kyungsoo is so clear, like close friends.

            “And, switch again!” I turn again and… a bored face surprised me.

            “K-Kris?” I murmured. He looked at me with furrow brows. Did he hear me?

            “WHAT?”

            “N-nothing.” I tilt my head down to the ground. I hate this feeling. Why I can’t look in his eyes directly and comfortably? My chest is like bursting. Thank God, after a few seconds I get back to Kai—where I can feel that… I am safe.

 

            After the social dance class, I am vacant for today. No more classes while Kai and all the boys have their exclusive for boys P.E subject. Kind of weird and seems like girls are avoiding me. Don’t they want to be friends with me? Right now I am alone again in the cafeteria and all I can see is girls. A little later two girls walk pass by me…

            “You are Park Chanyeol’s girlfriend right?” the one girl from the left asked. What? Chanyeol… his girlfriend?

My brows furrow…

            “W-What girlfriend?” I asked

            “Don’t lie and hide about your relationship with him. Many students or probably all the students here in CPA had seen your pictures with him from Hong Kong.” The other one answered.

            “Hide a relationship? Where did you see those?” I asked.

           “At the ‘post-it’ board.” I didn’t even think for another second and run straightly to the Post-it board. Anyways, the Post-it board is a freedom board where you can post anything you like, a news, photos, message to someone, a gift, greetings, or even banner, and missing things. What is this? There are so many girls here. I make my way through the crowd. My eyes almost drop when I see our self-cameras… the ice cream house, baozi, the noodles, at Disneyland, and in the HOTEL? I can’t even speak. I step back…

            “Hey! She’s Chanyeol’s girlfriend!” one of the girls exclaimed. Uh-oh, here comes trouble!    

        “No. I’m not.”

            “Don’t hide it. Here are the proofs.”

            “You’re just a new student here and then you’re now hooking the famous photographer! How dare you!”

            “W-Wait, she is Chanyeol’s unknown model in the exhibit remember?”

            “You ruined my plans!” they all scold me like I made a crime as they trapped me. I guess all of them are Chanyeol’s admirer.

            “But I am not his—” my left cheek warms as I feel the impact of the girl’s hand who slapped me. Reality sets in, so this is how they treat new students here? Just for a guy? Can’t they just the hell understand that I AM NOT HIS GIRLFRIEND?!

            “You’re a thief. Trying to steal Chanyeol from me, no you can’t.” said the girl who slapped me. I grip my fist. I’m firing up. No one has the right to hurt me except for my parents.

            “First of all, I am not a thief. Second, Chanyeol is not my boyfriend and he is not a thing to be stolen. Lastly, who the hell are you?” I said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter