Chapter 16: Stayed Out All Night

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~SIXTEEN~

STAYED OUT ALL NIGHT

 

            “Yumae?!” I shout then the stage lights turned off. Where is she? Where the hell is she?

            “YUMAE?!” I shout, all I can hear are people murmuring. What happened?

            “Damn.” I curse as I try to walk without knowing where I am going. It’s too dark for me to see the way, I can’t see anything.

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “Shyly, I hide my flattering heart and I met you again today. I worry that my heart will be noticed so I turn around.” I sing and I look at him—Kris. My vision is getting blur. My world is spinning. The last thing I remember, Jongdae finished the song and I collapsed, I can’t control myself. I fall—again.

KRIS’ POINT OF VIEW:

            “YUMAE!” I see them in the clinic. Unconscious Yumae is lying on the bed with a painful expression on her face. Kai and Kyungsoo were standing beside her bed. I tried to reach her, pulling away Kai and Kyungsoo.

            “W-What happened? Is she okay now?” I asked.

            “She’ll be fine, don’t worry.” The doctor replied. I touch my head. How could this be? Is it because of her disease?

            “She’s just stressed. All she need is rest.” The doctor continued. I touch my forehead and brush my fingers to my hair. I’m very worried.

            “Kris calm down.” Baekhyun suddenly appeared behind me. I can’t say anything. I can’t keep still. I grip my fists as I remember her disease on the record. What if she has a serious disease? What if one day, it’s not just a collapse? What if? Urgh! There’s so many questions running in my head.

 

 

 

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “Can’t you see? I don’t want to be friends with you. I don’t want you to be just my friend. Because I like you and I want you to like me too. Do you like me?”

            “If the world would make us apart, I will fight the will of destiny.”

            “Yumae!” Gasp. I wake up and lift my body from the bed. Breathing heavily, sweating like ice.

            “Are you okay?” Gasp again. I look on my right side.

            “K-Kris?” I stuttered

            “W-What are you doing here? W-Where am I?” I asked immediately.

            “You’re in the clinic, and I’m taking care of you.” He answered.

            “W-What time is it?” he looked on his wrist watch.

            “3:27 am” he replied. I nod.

            “W-Why don’t you go back to your room? I’ll be fine here. You don’t have to take care of me.” I said, while looking on the blanket above my legs.

            “I know that I don’t have to take care of you.” He replied then walked closely to the bed.

            “But I wanted this. I wanted to take care of you. You don’t know how much I’ve been worried earlier. You collapsed on the stage, remember?” I nod.

            “You should rest.” Then he holds my shoulders and slowly pushes me to lay my back on the bed. Honestly, the moment he holds my shoulders feels like something inside me skipped a beat. I gulp as I rapidly blink my eyes and taking deep breaths.

            “Are you alright?” he asks, worried. I nod as an agreement, I don’t want him to worry too much about me then he gives me a weak smile.

 

KRIS’ POINT OF VIEW

Yumae is peacefully sleeping right now. It’s already 4 in the morning and yet I’m still awake. I don’t want to sleep, I don’t want to leave a second away from her. This moment feels like a dream, being with her like this would be enough. How I wish that I can’t be awaken.

 

PRESIDENT’S POINT OF VIEW

            “Mr. President, you should bring Yumae here in front of us. She stole my diamond necklace!” a girl said, growling in madness inside of my office.

            “Miss, please calm down and let’s talk about this.” I suggested and offered her a chair.

            “Calm down?! My God, someone had STOLEN my diamond necklace and yet you’re going to tell me to calm down? Can you explain it to me? Well, if you don’t know, that necklace is much expensive than that girl’s life!” she exclaimed.

            “Yumae will not be available at this moment.” I told her.

            “And why? Maybe she run away with my necklace!” she scolds again.

            “She’s at the clinic because she’s not feeling well.” I replied. I tried to be calm as I could to avoid saying anything bad to this girl.

            “Oh, really? Now I know why she stole my necklace. Since she has a disease, she needs treatment right? She’s a scholar girl, I know. That’s why, she doesn’t have the money to spent on her damn disease!”

            “Please wait a minute.” I said. Someone’s calling in the telephone.

            “Hello?” I answered.

            “President Kim! There are some girls here at the scholar’s dorm. They broke into Yumae’s room and it looks like they are searching for something.” Said the person on the other line.

            “What?” I react.

            “Sulli and Raeja are also here.” He continued.

            “Okay, call the guards and Kyungsoo. I’ll be right there.” I said then hung up the phone. I look at the girl in my office. She grinned at me.

            “Was this a part of your plan?” I asked, pertaining to the girls who broke into Yumae’s room.

            “I told you, that necklace is much more expensive than HER life.” She said then turns her back on me.

            “If I were you President Kim, I’ll keep an eye on that girl. If I confirmed that she stole my necklace, she’ll be miserable.” After her last words, she finally walks out then shut the door behind her.

 

KYUNGSOO’S POINT OF VIEW:

            My heart is like falling into pieces when I saw how Kris worried about Yumae. Around 5 in the morning, I peek at the clinic to take a look on Yumae’s condition. Unexpectedly, there is Kris. He was brushing Yumae’s hair with his fingers. He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter