Chapter 7: The Weekend

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~SEVEN~

THE WEEKEND

 

KAI’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “IT’S nothing. Just a goodbye thing usually a friend do.” FRIENDS. I lied. I don’t want it to be friends.

            “Oww…” she said while nodding.

            “I’m sorry about last night.” She utters. Hmm? What should she be sorry about?

            “Remember the text I sent you last night? I-I was wrong typed. It should be a smiling face and not a kissing face. You know… what I mean… right?”

FROZEN. There’s a part inside of me had been tamed. For a second I feel like blood failed to flow in my heart.

            “Kai?” with her voice, I finally response.

            “Uhh… it’s-it’s fine.” That’s the only word I uttered.

            “It’s better. Oh, I should go to my class now. I’ll be late.” She said.

            “Yeah, sure. Thanks for the breakfast.” With you. I want to add but I should not. She left a warm smile, enough to make me feel better, though I know there’s something in me has malfunctioned. I watch her as she walks moderately fast while her long, shiny hair moves with the wind.

 

KYUNG SOO’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Emergency meeting? What an excuse Kyung Soo. Yeah, I made a crazy excuse just to get away from Yumae, to her presence, I can’t take it anymore. The real thing is, I’ve gone crazy. The whole day I just spy on her, funny right? I want to get away from her but then I am following her. Weird? I still wanted to be with her unless she didn’t know. From her class, I’m secretly peeking at the window to see her, also in the cafeteria, I’m a few tables away from her until she was about to go to her dorm room around 4pm. I keep myself hidden so no one will notice me.

            “Ready?” it’s Baekhyun. He’s picking up Yumae at the lobby.

            “Yep! I’m all set.” Yumae replied. Baekhyun put his arm around her shoulders and they left happily.

Kyung Soo you’ve gone nuts today. You followed her the whole day and yet you found yourself alone and stuck again. I talk to myself.

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Finally! I’m at the guest room at Baekhyun’s house. It’s so huge. Feels like this bedroom is twice the size of our house in the province! I lay on the bed and take a look at the whole room. It’s very pretty!

 

*Tock! Tock! Tock!

Someone knocks on the door.

            “Come in.” I said, opening the door and there stood a beautiful lady that looks like a little older than me.

            “Hi Yumae.” She greets me. She has a bright smile just like Baekhyun does. How did she know my name?

            “Maybe you’re thinking of who I am, right?” she asked while she sits in the corner of the bed. I nod as an agreement.

            “Well, I’m Kelli Wu.” Kelli Wu? Could she be…

            “I’m Kris and Baekhyun’s cousin.” She continued. A relief. I thought she was Kris’ sister.

            “I just went home here in Seoul last day from Canada. Let’s get to know each other okay?” she said. She’s so nice and pretty.

            “Ma’am dinner is ready.” Someone said from outside the door.

            “Okay, we’re coming. Thank you.” Kelli replied.

            “Let’s go dear, dinner’s ready.” Kelli said. We descend from the stairs and reach the dining room. It was filled with different dishes and too much maids.  How are we going to eat all of these?

            “Guys, come on! Let’s eat. I’m starving.” Baekhyun was already sitting on the dining table. I was about to sit when he pull the chair slowly then push it back slowly. Baekhyun is such a gentleman.

            “Yumae, do you like wearing bracelets?” Kelli said while we’re eating.

            “Huh? Uh… Yeah. I love bracelets.” I replied.

            “That one is so cute.” Kelli complimented. She was talking about the bracelet that Kai had given to me last night.

            “Where did you bought that?” she asked again.

            “Uhm, I didn’t buy it. Someone give it to me… last night.” I replied. Just then Baekhyun pay attention to our girl’s talk.

            “Who give it to you? You’re boyfriend?”

            “Huh? I-I don’t have any boyfriend since… birth. It’s my friend and also my dorm neighbor, Kai.” I replied. Baekhyun cough and drink his glass of orange juice.

            “Are you okay?” Kelli asked him.

            “Y-Yeah, I’m fine.” He said and continues to eat.

            “What about the other one? In your left hand?” Kelli asked.

            “Uh, this? My parents give this to me on my birthday a year ago.” I answered.

            “Oww, it looks like a Chinese character.” I nod.

            “Well, though I’m a Chinese, I never learn how to read Chinese character since I grew up in Canada. What does it mean anyway?” she continued.

            “My parents said it’s my name.” I answered. She forms an “O” shape on while nodding.

            “It’s so cold tonight. Do you like hot spring, Yumae?” Kelli asked again. Looks like she’s very interested about me.

            “Yeah. I really love hot springs. Our province is full of hot springs.”

            “Good then, let’s have a try tonight.” She said.

            “Tonight?” I repeated.

            “Yeah, tonight. There’s a hot spring here.”

            “O-okay.”  I replied.

            “Yumae! Let’s go!” Kelli yelled at me. A few minutes after eating, we are on our way to their hot springs. The warm water relaxes my skin. I can feel the steam flowing through my face. I know Kelli’s telling me something but i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter