Chapter 13: Stars and Wishes

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~THIRTEEN~

STARS AND WISHES

 

            “It’s the same.” I said. He looks closely.

            “Yeah it’s the same but I didn’t write that. I don’t even know something about Chinese Characters.”

            “Don’t play jokes on me.” I said, smiling.

            “I’m not joking…” he answered.

            “Are you serious?” I asked.

            “Yes, I’m sure.” He answered.

            “Then who wrote that?”

            “I don’t have any ideas.”

            “Maybe it’s just the same name as yours.” He continued.

            “Yeah, but look of the design and the handwriting, it’s the same!” I look on the other side of the tree trunk.

            “Look, here’s another Chinese character!” I said. I took a photo of it.

            “I should find out whoever who wrote this.” I said.

            “You know what Kyungsoo, this place seems familiar. Like I’ve been here before. I guess it’s from one of my dreams! Yes! I once dreamed before that I’m here with a man but every time I woke up, I can’t remember his face and I think…”

            “You think?”

            “It’s you.” He smiled at me.

 

TAO’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “Yumae? Yumae?”

 

I am at my room, lying on the bed. My hands are in the back of my head, my eyes were focused in the ceiling. Why Tao? Why you keep on thinking about her? All I can do is to think and sigh. Until now, I can’t forget what happened three days ago. I can feel the guilt inside of me. I know it’s all my fault why those guys attempt to hurt her. Why? Because I am a gangster, and as a gangster you should show your rival gang that you’re better than them. I know they used Yumae to make me out. I’ve been this kind of kid about three years ago. My martial arts master hated me because I use my martial arts ability to form a gang. But I want to change.

*Flashback:

An unknown man talked to me a week ago. He said that he saw my fight among the other gangsters.

            “I could give you a martial arts scholarship.” He said.

            “I can enter CPA without a scholarship.” I answered.

            “Hey, why aren’t you study there? Many people are very aspiring to study in CPA.” I did not response.

            “Here’s my number.” He gave me his calling card.

            “Call me if you change your mind. There’s a new student in CPA and I think, she needs your help.” My brows furrow.

            “I’ll explain everything to you if you’ll study in CPA.

*End of flashback

 

Since Junior High I wanted to study in CPA but everything changed.

*Flashback

            “Tao, I’m going to study in CPA.” My girlfriend told me.

            “That’s good. I’ll be studying there too.” I answered.

            “Then, let’s study there together okay?” she said then she hugged me. But after a few days, I see her—kissing another man in a dark pathway in Hongdae Street, the same place where Yumae has been attacked. She left me and go to the man who’s a leader of a gang. Because of that, I decided to form my own gang not only for her, but to have my own revenge for the both of them. She hurts me, she hurts me.

*End of flashback.

 

I know that this is the reason and I should move forward but not until I have my revenge for the both of them.

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            A while had passed and I am thankful that nothing had happened to me in school. Everything went normal and now we are at Jeju Island. Why? It was a tour. We’ll be staying here for three days. The island is so wonderful—with white sand and blue sea, you can feel the breeze of the ocean literally! I think so…

            “Yumae!” someone put his arm around my shoulders.

            “Oh, Baekhyun.” I response though I’ve been a little surprised.

            “The island is good?” I nod.

            “Come on, let’s eat!” he offered me. It’s already lunch time and I am so hungry as well.

            “Okay.” we walked together but—

            “Yumae! Are you alright?” Baekhyun asked. I don’t know but my head aches and I’m in a little dizziness.

            “Y-Yeah, I’ll be fine.” I said while Baekhyun is helping me to stand up straight.

            “Are you sure?” he asked again. I nod as an agreement.

 

KRIS’ POINT OF VIEW:

            “You should get to know her in person. A real man should always be straightforward!” Kelli yelled at me when I go home two days ago.

            “In your CPA get away tour in Jeju, you should tell me a very great story on how you and Yumae gains friendship.” I am not answering.

            “Understand?!” I nod.

*End of flashback.

 

I’m at the sand bar, staring at the beach when a familiar figure walks in the scene. It’s her with her beautiful brown hair that’s being moved by the wind. She’s taking a good look of the beach. Oh wait, Baekhyun? What is he doing there? He put his arm around Yumae’s shoulder. Baekhyun already gain another point. Why don’t you take the initiative Kris? Is it because it’s not your style isn’t it? Is it because you like it when the girl is running over you? Well, she’s not that kind of girl, she’s not.

            My eyes were like a magnet that follows her wherever she goes. They sit in a table not too far from me.

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            “Waiter!” Baekhyun called the waiter and take down our orders.

            “Me too. Add me on the list.” Someone said, it’s a familiar deep and husky voice behind me then quickly sits beside me.

            “Oh, Kris.” Baekhyun utters.

            “Do you mind?” he asked me, smiling. What could I do anyway? He’s so handsome with his white torso tops and wearing a dark sunglass. It was really a perfect match for him.

            “It’s okay.” I said. We are eating quietly when—

            “Baekhyun, Mr. Presiden is looking for you.” One of our co-student said.

            “Sorry guys, I think I have to go.” Baekhyun said. Kris and I nod. I focused my eyes on the food in front of me. I feel it so awkward when it’s just the two of us in a situation like this. I can’t breathe comfortably. Kris picked up a paper from his wallet and writes something.

            “Here.” He give me the paper.

            “W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter