Chapter 5: The Man Beneath My Image

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~FIVE~

THE MAN BENEATH MY IMAGE

 

            “LET me introduce to you the photographer of angelic stolen photos…” Baekhyun said but he stop. A man climbs to the stage and whisper something to his left ear. After a while,

            “I’m sorry for the interruption but our very own Arts Club President and my brother has already arrived, a round of applause to Mr. Kris Wu.” Baekhyun said. What did he said?

            “Our very own Arts Club President and my brother has already arrived, a round of applause to Mr. Kris Wu.”

            “A round of applause to Mr. Kris Wu.”

            “Kris Wu.”

            “Kris Wu.”

            “KRIS WU?!” I said. He is Baekhyun’s brother? And-and the Arts Club President? Is it true?

            “Hey, Yumae? You okay?” Kai said.

            “Huh? Y-Yeah, I’m okay.” But truthfully I am shocked!

            “Good Afternoon to all of you. Sorry is I came late for this event. I hope you’ll enjoy this exhibit and please let’s vote for the best photograph here. Thank you.” Kris said then he went down.

            “I can’t find my best friend. He told me to come here but he’s not even around.” Kai complained.

            “Maybe he’s just late.” I said.

            “I guess so…” then he checked his phone.

            “Okay, as we continue to the revealing of the photographs, let us call on the photographer of angelic stolen photos number 7, Mr. Park Chan Yeol!” Baekhyun announced and the crowd applause as they reveal my face on the big screen at the stage. Kai quickly lifted his head up and looks like he’s shocked. Kris stands up and he is looking at my picture on the big screen.

            “PARK CHANYEOL?” Kai whispered and I nod. A tall man with a trimmed black hair climb to the stage.

            “Why? Do know him?” I asked him then he nod without looking at me.

          “He is Chanyeol. He is my best friend. The one I’ve been telling you about.” Kai explained. WHAT? This guy? He is familiar. It’s like I’ve seen him before. I look at Kris’ direction, he is looking at me.

            “Mr. Park Chanyeol, could you please explain to us about your photos and why you chose her as your unknown model?” Baekhyun said and give him the microphone

            “Good afternoon to all of you. Uhm, as you can see this girl wears faded blue jeans, sneakers, and a military style tank top. I chose her to be my unknown model because I find her quite interesting starting from the way she dressed and she’s so naïve as you see here.” Then another stolen photo of mine is revealed.

            “She isn’t wearing any make-up on her face, her smile seems to be so sincere. That’s why I chose her because I think, a girl like her is very rare nowadays.” He explained. The photo is when I am eating with Kyung Soo at the cafeteria. Okay, I remember now who he is. He’s the tall guy with a trimmed black hair who passed by me and Kyung Soo. The one that has a camera on his neck, who gave me a smile! Now I clearly remember him! He is the photographer of my photos while he is Kai’s best friend whom I failed to meet due to unexpected reasons.

            Kai is looking at me when I look at him. It feels like he wanted to say something to me. I can feel it in his eyes but its like something is telling him not to. He smiled at me but I gave him a confused face. I still can’t believe that his best friend is my unknown photographer. I look again to Kris’ direction but he’s no longer there. Where did he go? Huh? Why am I looking for him?

            “Hey Kai! Long time, no see!” a man came to us. The man beneath my image. My unknown photographer.

            “Chanyeol! Why you didn’t show up for weeks?” Kai replied.

            “I’m sorry. I’m just busy for this event.”

            “Oh, I see. Anyway, she’s Yumae.” Kai look at me, as well as Chanyeol.

            “Oh, she’s my…”

            “Yeah. She’s your unknown model for the event.” Kai continued.

            “We’re friends. She’s a new student of CPA. She failed two times to meet you.”

            “Hi Yumae. I’m sorry about your stolen photos. I know you’ve been shocked that you’re one of the unknown models for this event. But I’m sure, we’ll going to win.” Chanyeol said and give me an encouraging smile.

            “No it’s fine. Thank you for choosing me. I didn’t expect that someone will appreciate me more than Kyung S—”

            “Who?” Kai asked.

            “Uh? Nothing. Don’t mind me. Uhm… will you guys excuse me for a minute?” I asked.

            “Sure.” Both of them answered. I should give them more of their guy talk.

I go out of the art gallery, I don’t know but it’s like I can’t take the presence of other people anymore. Since my photos had been revealed to the public their eyes is like glued on my face. Maybe outside the art gallery, people would not know that I am one of those unknown models.

 

CHANYEOL’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Today is the big day! I will going to reveal ny unknown model to the public. I am excited yet nervous at this time. I’m thinking what would be Kai’s reaction to see my art work.

 

To: Kai

            Hey! Today is the stolen photo exhibit. Be there okay?

            YOU SHOULD BE THERE.

 

I send him a text message.

 

From: Kai

            Fine Yeol. I’ll be there.

 

I smile as I read his reply. I’m sure thid eould be amazing.

I prepared my art work as I’m waiting for the start of the competition, I see Baekhyum checking the list

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter