Chapter 12: Her Name

I Really Didn't Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~TWELVE~

HER NAME

 

            “Let’s have a date.” Frozen. The fork stuck in my mouth as he let out the word ‘date.’

            “Date…” I repeat.

            “Yeah, a date.” Is this for real? This is the first ever date of my life!

            “So…” he said. I look at him.

            “Okay. Let’s have a date.” I answered.

 

KYUNGSOO’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Good to yourself Kyung Soo. I’ll be having a date with Yumae later. I am going to confess myself.

 

*Flashback:

            “You’ll be having a date with her?” Kai asked. He’s so surprised.

            “Yes, I am.” I answered confidently.

            “Wow. You’re a very straight forward man.” He complimented.

            “Of course. Men should always do the first move to make things happen and one more thing life is too short so grab all the chances.

            “Good luck.” He cheered me.

*End of flashback

 

            Going back in time when we are still in Junior High. I found her—the past first woman whom I loved. I smile with these thoughts. I loved her so much but I lost her. I should prepare for the even later—our event later.

 

YUMAE’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Good thing its weekend and I don’t have any class schedule today. I’m at the mall, browsing for some affordable dress. Maybe it’s time to show my feminine sides instead of wearing boyish attire like a casual day do.

            “Yumae?” who’s that? A voice of a girl called me. I look up…

            “KELLI!” I greet her. She’s Kris and Baekhyun’s cousin, remember? She hugged me.

            “How are you? I missed you so much!” she greets me.

            “Well, I’m fine. I missed you too!” I replied.

            “Please spend another weekend in our house, please? Because I’ll be going back to Canada next month.”

            “Oh, why so fast?”

            “My father arranged an engagement for me last month. I don’t like it and that’s the reason why I went back here in Korea—to seek advice from my relatives, friends, and my two cousins whom I loved the most. Right now, I have made up my mind. I thought that I should give the guy a chance. I should meet him.” she explained.

            “You’re right and yeah, I wish you all the best.”

            “Anyway, what are you doing here… alone?” she asked.

            “Uhm, actually I’m looking for a dress.”

            “Dress?”

            “Y-Yeah.”

            “Why? Any event?”

            “Uhm… I have a date…”

            “DATE?!”

            “Yeah…” I replied though I’m a little embarrassed.

            “Kris definitely made his move!”

            “Huh?” I confusedly asked.

            “Kris, my cousin… he asked you for a date right?”

            “Uhm, sorry but it’s not Kris.”

            “Huh? Then… who is it? Is it Baekhyun?”

            “No. Not Baekhyun.”

            “Oh, my cousins are nuts! They seek my advice and yet didn’t follow it? I’ll slap then really hard when I see them! Aiissh!” she irritatingly said.

 

KELLI’S POINT OF VIEW:

            Today I am with Yumae. We see each other accidentally at the mall. I am helping her to find the best dress to wear for her date tonight. Aiish, what happened Kris? You’re a nut!

 

*Flashback: 2 days ago

            “Kris? Kris?” I looked for my cousin.

            “KRIS?” I reached the kitchen, the living room, the dining room, and even the activity area but there’s no sign of Kris.

            “Kris?” I entered his bedroom. So quiet. Huh? There’s a lot of papers scattered on his bed. I got curious and take a look on it.

            “Accidents possible to cause leg injury. Hand injury. Car accidents, sports accidents. Severe headache causes. Brain waves unstable movements reason: accidents possible for amnesia.” What are these? Hmm, maybe just a science research. Oh, what’s that? A paper fell off the bed. I pick it up and it shake the world inside of me.

            “Yumae has unstable brain waves, leg injury, hand injury, severe headaches and dizziness. Darkness phobia.”

            “WHAT?!” I shout. I was caught flat-footed then…           

            “What are you doing here?” Kris went out from the bathroom.

            “ What-what are these? You’re-you’re investigating about Yumae? She-she has a leg and arm injury?”

            “Since you know it already, yes. I found it out earlier when our medical instructor commanded me to clean up her medical records in the clinic.” He explained.

            “Oh, my gosh.” There’s a certain feeling of being confused in my head. Kris sit beside me on the bed.

            “Please don’t tell this to anyone even to Baekhyun. I trust you so much Kelli.” He said. Yes I am the one whom he trust the most since we both lived in Canada, I became his best friend. He can’t hide anything from me—everything about his personal life whether love or sorrows, I knew it all.

            “Then tell me why are you so concerned about her like that.” I asked. He tilt his head down.

            “Tell me. You said you trust me.”

            “I-I can’t explain it vividly but… I am really concern about her. I am always worried about her. I get annoyed when I don’t have the chance to see her for a day. I hate it when she’s having fun with Baekhyun or with our any other classmates. Why I can’t see her happy when she’s with me?”

            “Okay. Now, it’s all perfectly clear for me. Why don’t you ask her for a date? You know, to get to know each other.”

            “A date?” he asked. I nod.

*End of flashback.

 

Urgh! What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter