Chapter 9: Close

Beautiful Stranger

(Still Krystal's POV)

The whole time during class every once in awhile I kept glancing over at Taeyeon. Minwoo and her were laughing and smiling at each other. She seemed to be happy with him, but was she faking it or was it real? Sometimes it was so hard to tell. I couldn't wait till class was over, I need to know Taeyeon's side of the story. 

 

Even after I asked her, will I be satisfied with her answer? Will that be enough to stop asking so many questions? I wasn't sure if this would be the case. If she did say something different from what my sister said, who do I believe? Or maybe I don't have to chose a side, right?

 

I was starting to think maybe Jessica was right. Maybe I shouldn't talk to her while we're having the clean up. Why did I want to know so badly anyway? I didn't even know the answer to that question. I hated how I cared so much. I should be wanting to know since Jessica's my sister, but the truth was I wanted to know because of Taeyeon. They are both strangers in my life, but I wanted to know more about the person who isn't even my own blood.

 

This made me feel kind of guilty. I should be wanting to know my sister more, but I really didn't. Its not that I didn't like her, I just wasn't very comfortable with her yet. When I'm with Taeyeon she makes me feel different almost confident of myself, but at the same time she makes me feel dumb and I end up feeling all these emotions I can't explain. Its almost like fireworks in my stomach. Just thinking about it brought a smile to my face, I couldn't help it.

 

I tried to get some homework done since I didn't know how long the clean up would take. It was hard to concentrate because I was sitting next to my sister and some of her friends were with her and all they were doing were talking about who knows what. I was getting a bit ticked off, so I decided to grab my things and move to an empty table. I told Jessica I needed to finish my homework quietly. 

 

I was able to finish, but the bell hadn't rung yet. I looked at the clock and there were only a few minutes left. I just stayed staring at the clock and it felt like time was going by really slow. I put my things back in my backpack and I looked up once again and the bell finally rang. I was about ready to walk out of the library when my sister stopped me. I was hoping to catch up to Taeyeon since I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go, but she had already left.

 

"Remember to call me when you're finished and try not to get lost, it's a big school, okay?" She said with a smile. I nodded and I said goodbye to her. I made sure she left before I went looking for Taeyeon because that meant I was in the clear. I walked to my locker to see if Taeyeon was there and thankfully she was. I calmly walked to my locker. Good thing Minwoo wasn't there. I put some of my things in my locker and Taeyeon had closed hers. She began to walk away, so I quickly closed mine and caught up to her.

 

"So where are we supposed to go?" I asked. She stopped and turned around.

 

"Just wait here." She said. She walked into a near restroom. I was confused. I guess she needed to use the restroom. It didn't even take that long and before I knew it she was out. She made a gesture with her head indicating me to follow her. I did as I was told and we walked to what looked like a closet. 

 

She opened it with a key and started taking things out. I'm guessing they were the things we would need to pick up the trash. She handed me some gloves and a trash bag. She must have gotten the key from the principle this morning since she was there before me. She seemed to know where everything was, so I wondered if she had done this before.

 

"Are you sure you'll be fine doing this?" Taeyeon asked me. This was the nicest thing she's said to me all day. It surprised me.

 

"Yeah, I think I will." I said smiling at her. She seemed to be in a better mood. I couldn't find the reason for why it changed so quickly. I was happy she was the sweet Taeyeon again.

 

"I was going to say we should split up so we can finish quicker, but I'm sure you'll get lost." Taeyeon said. I was sure she was right. Before we started she took a hair tie from her pocket and began tying up her hair. I couldn't help, but look. My eyes followed up her neck to her jawline and ended up on her lips. When I realized I was staring I quickly looked away. I felt my face heating up and I tried to calm myself down. Luckily she didn't seem to notice. We began to clean up and I noticed she would look up at me every once in a while. She was probably making sure I wouldn't wander off.

 

As we walked around campus the school was bigger than I thought, but I was sure I'd get used to it since I will be going to school here from now on. There wasn't too much trash so it was going by fast and we were almost done. Even though we weren't really doing anything just being around Taeyeon made me happy, so I didn't want this to end.

 

When we were finished Taeyeon took the bags of trash and walked to the dumpster to throw them away. When she came back we walked to a near restroom to wash our hands. She finished first and walked out. I dried my hands and when I walked out she handed me a bottle of water. I couldn't stop thinking about how sweet she was being to me. Even though we were finished, I still hadn't called Jessica to come pick me up.

 

We put the things away back in the closet and Taeyeon dropped the key off in the office. After that we got our things and walked out to the front of the school. We sat down on a bench and then I remembered I still had to ask her. My hands began to sweat and I started fiddling with my hands. I turned to her and she looked at me. I could stare into those eyes forever if I could. I then realized she had eyelash under her left eye. I reached over to remove it. I rested my hand lightly on her cheek, so I could get the eyelash, but as soon as my hand came in contact with her cheek, she winced in pain and pulled back.

 

"I'm sorry." I said immediately. Now I knew my head wasn't playing games with me. Jessica did hit her, Taeyeon just covered it up with makeup, so no one would see it. It wasn't swollen either, so it wasn't hard to hide it.

 

"It's okay, its not your fault." Taeyeon told me. 

 

"I know." I said. I couldn't keep it to myself anymore.

 

"What?" She said.

 

"I know Jessica hit you." I finally said.

 

"So it was you who was spying." Taeyeon finally admitted. She didn't deny it.

 

"I wasn't sure if you had seen me or not." I said.

 

"I did, I just wasn't sure who it was." Taeyeon said.

 

"I didn't mean to spy, when Jessica came out from the restroom I thought she was acting weird, so I stayed and I saw what happened...why did she hit you?" I asked.

 

"Jessica doesn't like me very much and I said something I shouldn't have. That's it." She said.

 

"There has to be a reason she doesn't like you. What's the reason you two don't talk anymore? I've heard the rumors. I just want to know the truth. Is it that bad that it has to be kept a secret?" I said. It couldn't be that bad...right?

 

"I'm being serious, nothing happened. One day we just didn't agree with things anymore and we stopped talking. As you could tell she doesn't like me because we didn't end on good terms." Taeyeon said. So all this time it was as simple as that, but why wouldn't just Jessica tell me?

 

"Then why couldn't Jessica just tell me that?" I asked her.

 

"Your sister doesn't like people getting into her business, after you spend some time with her you'll see that." She told me. I noticed by her tone she didn't seem mad when she talked about Jessica. She didn't look like she was mad at her. I was a bit envious that my sister got the chance to know her and I can't.

 

"Yeah, we aren't close yet." I said.

 

"Does it still hurt?" She asked me pointing at my bruise.

 

"Yeah, every once in a while." I said with a bit of a pout.

 

"Try this." She said. She took something out form her pocket. It looked like some type of medicine. She put some on her finger and began putting some one my bruise. She was saying something, but all I could think about was how close she was to me. We were face to face with only a small gap between us. My heart began to pound and it felt like it was going to jump out of my chest.

 

I felt my face beginning to get red. I was praying she wouldn't notice. Suddenly I started to smell her perfume. It smelled like vanilla. It was so sweet. I tried looking away, but my eyes kept finding their way back to her. After she was finished she looked at me and smiled. We were sitting side by side now.

 

"Use this every morning and before you go to bed. It will make that bruise go away quicker." She said still smiling at me.

 

"Thank you." I said.

 

"Do you want a kiss?" She said. When she asked that I froze.

 

"A-A ki-kiss?" I was completely dumbfounded. She leaned in close and I automatically closed my eyes, but I didn't feel anything. I opened them and realized she leaned forward to grab her bag that was behind me.

 

"Yeah a kiss. Do you like chocolate?" She asked me. I felt like a real idiot. When she said kiss he meant a Hershey's kiss. I mentally face palmed myself.

 

"Y-Yeah I do like chocolate," I was flustered.

 

"Here." She handed me some.

 

"Why didn't you answer my text?" I changed the subject.

 

"Jessica told me to stay away from you, so I didn't reply." Taeyeon said.

 

"But you're talking to me now." I said with a slight smile.

 

"That's because I wanted to tell you that we should stop talking. Your sister made it clear that she doesn't want me anywhere close to you." After she said this, my smile faded.

 

"Just because she says so doesn't mean we have to. I consider you a friend. You're the only one who actually took the time to care and show me around. My own sister didn't even look out for me." I told her.

 

"I consider you my friend too, but Jessica..." She didn't finish what she was about to say. She quickly stood up, grabbed her things, and walked to her car.

 

"Taeyeon wait." I was about to stop her, but then I realized why she left in such a hurry. Jessica was driving into the school campus. It felt like this would be the last time I would talk to Taeyeon...I didn't even get to say goodbye.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question: Have you ever misunderstood something and then felt embarrassed afterwards  (Haha like Krystal misunderstood when Taeyeon asked her if she wanted a kiss).

Author's Note:

Finally I updated even though its short. I didn't proof read it, so there might be some mistakes. Sorry for taking so long. Hope you enjoy. Till next time, Annyeong~