Chapter 6: Nervous

Beautiful Stranger

Krystal slowly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings. She was in her room. She knew that. What she didn't know is how she got there.

 

She got up too fast and the dizziness came back. She sat to the side of her bed to see if it would go away. She touched her nose and her forehead, and the pain shot through her body again. She winced in pain.

 

She slowly stood up and went into the bathroom to see how bad it looked. It was bruised. She had some tissue up her nose. They were full of blood. She took them out and made sure she wasn't bleeding anymore. felt dry, probably because she was sleeping with open considering her nose was plugged with tissue. 

 

She walked out of the bathroom and made it to Jessica's room. She knocked on the door but no one answered. She knocked once more but still there was no answer. So she thought maybe she'd be downstairs. So that's where she went. 

 

She made it downstairs and she heard some talking. She was about to enter the living room, when she saw it was Jessica and her dad. They were laughing. She just stood there watching. She was also going to get some ice so the swelling would go down but she didn't feel the pain anymore. What she felt was sadness.

 

Even though it was just the two of them, they looked happy. It was never like that with Krystal and her mom. Her mother was usually never home, so it would just be Krystal. She didn't feel like she belonged with them. They looked okay without her, clearly....or that's what she thought at least.

 

She decided not to interupt them and she just went back upstairs, quietly. She entered her room and went back to bed. She looked at the time and it was obviously dark out. She was a bit hungry but didn't feel like going downstairs again. 

 

She lay their for a bit simply thinking about things. The pain had come back but she didn't care. Slowly her eyes became heavy and bit by bit they began to close. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

 

She heard her alarm go off and with her eyes still closed she turned it off. It felt like she hadn't been asleep that long and it was already time to get up. She was lying on her side and she could feel something wet on her pillow. She thought maybe it was her slobber.

 

She lazily sat up but she still had her eyes closed. She stood up and stretched. She opened them and walked into her bathroom. She thought she'd wash her face first. She the water from the sink and let the water warm up. She looked up at the mirror and she scared herself.

 

"What the..." She had blood on her face. She froze for a bit just looking at herself. Her nose had been bleeding during the night. She walked to her bed and saw her pillow was full of it. It was her blood but she still thought it was nasty. It wasn't a lot, but it got on the pillow and it had dried on her face. At least this time she didn't faint.

 

She didn't have time to clean it up so she just washed up. She did it carefully because she was afraid if she hurt her nose it would start bleeding again. People were probably going to think she got punched in the face. It was badly brused. She thought of putting a bandaid but it was too big of a bruise to cover it up and it hurt every time she touched it.

 

Make-up wouldn't work either. She wood just have to deal with it. She finished getting ready, grabbed her backpack, and went downstairs. To her surprise Jessica was there. She didn't seem to be in a bad mood. That was good. 

 

"How are you feeling?" Jessica a asked.

 

"I feel a bit light headed." Krystal said.

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hit you." Jessica said with an apologetic expression on her face.

 

"It's okay. Its not like you knew I was there." Krystal said with a slight smile to reassure her it was okay.

 

"I guess it was just bad timing." Jessica said.

 

"Yeah....we should go." Krystal said a little awkward.

 

"Sure." Krystal noticed Jessica's temper seemed to be fine. She wondered how long that was going to last. They got to school and Krystal did things slowly so she wouldn't get dizzy. She was begging to get a headache. She went to her locker like she always did but she couldn't open it. 

 

The frustration was beginning to build up. She let her anger get to her which made her hit her locker. When she did it she regretted it soon after. The pain immediately shot through her hand. 

 

"I don't think that was such a good idea." A familiar voice said.

 

".........." Krystal wasn't in the mood for jokes.

 

"Do you need help?" Taeyeon asked. Krystal didn't answer and tried opening it again but failed. The bell rung, but she couldn't go to class. Suddenly tears began running down her cheek. 

 

Taeyeon saw this, so she took Krystal's hand from the lock and opened it herself. She remembered the combination Krystal had told her. After she got it open she waited for Krystal to do something but she just stood there, crying. Krystal wasn't even sure why she was crying, the tears just began to fall on their own.

 

"Let's go." Taeyeon said, she closed the locker and grabbed her hand once again. Krystal just followed. She thought Taeyeon was going to take her to class, but she realized they were headed towards the exit. Some of the students began to stare at them as they walked towards the exit of school.

 

Krystal new there would be consequences, but she thought the principal might cut her some slack since its her first time cutting class. She wasn't sure where Taeyeon was taking her, but that was the last thing on her mind. All she could think about was the fact that Taeyeon was holding her hand. For some reason that gave her some comfort. 

 

They finally stopped and Krystal finally looked up, she had stopped crying. She didn't know where they were. They stopped and sat on a bench. Taeyeon finally let go of her hand.

 

"Are you still not going to say anything?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

"I-I..." The words wouldn't leave . She began to cry again. She tried to stop, but the mix of emotions didn't let her. Taeyeon's presence gave her some comfort but she still felt sad, angry, frustrated.

 

"I know it's none of my business, but can you tell me what's wrong?" Taeyeon wiped her tears away hoping Krystal would calm down. She wanted to know what was wrong to help her.

 

"Nothing's wr-wrong." Krystal said composing herself a bit.

 

"Then why are you crying?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I don't....want to talk about it." Krystal said. 

 

"Okay, I won't ask." Taeyeon simply said. They just sat there in silence. Krystal didn't know how long they were going to stay there. She didn't like the silence between, them so she decided to say something first.

 

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this." For some reason she felt like apologizing.

 

"Its okay, everyone cries." Taeyeon said with a tender smile.

 

"Thanks for doing this." Krystal said. 

 

"Your welcome. So now that your talking, are you feeling better?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"I don't know. I was feeling fine this morning. Now I'm just feeling too many emotions. Its hard to explain." Krystal said.

 

"Did something happen?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Things aren't going like I thought they would." Krystal said. She usually wouldn't talk about her problems. Plus Taeyeon was a stranger to her, but she felt okay telling her these things.

 

"Like what?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Like my sister and my dad." Krystal said.

 

"What about them?"

 

"I don't even know them. I thought I'd feel somewhat at home with them, but everyone here is a stranger to me. Even my own family. I'm starting to regret coming here." Krystal knew that wasn't the only thing bothering her, but it was the biggest reason as to why she felt like that.

 

"Its really different huh." Taeyeon said.

 

"Yeah it is. Are you not from here?" Krystal asked.

 

"I didn't used to be. Before I came to this school I'd move a lot." Taeyeon said.

 

"Why?" Krystal asked.

 

"Because of my parents work. Its hard to adjust to a new place at first, but then it gets easier." Taeyeon tired too cheer her up.

 

"Is that why you speak english very well?" Krystal asked.

 

"No, my english used to be okay." 

 

"Then how did you learn to speak it very well?" Krystal asked.

 

"I guess you could say I taught myself.....we should start heading back." Taeyeon said changing the subject once again.

 

"Yeah your right." Krystal said. Taeyeon stood up first and held her hand out. Krystal was caught off guard and just looked at it for a bit, then Taeyeon retreated it.

 

"Sorry, force of habit." Taeyeon said giggling. 'Force of habit?' Krystal thought. She got up on her own and they began to walk side by side. Their hands slightly brushed each others and Krystal tensed up. She began to get nervous. She discretely glanced over to Taeyeon, but she didn't seem to notice anything. Krystal tried to put a bigger gap between them, but as they kept walking somehow they would get really close to each other.

 

They arrived at school and went inside. They went to the principles office. Krystal was getting even more nervous because she didn't know what to expect. She didn't know what kind of punishment she would get. Every step they took increased Krystal's nervousness. They suddenly stopped a few steps from the door and Taeyeon turned around and faced her.

 

"Just let me do the talking, okay?" Taeyeon said and Krystal just nodded. It amazed Krystal how Taeyeon didn't even look nervous. They walked in and the lady at the front desk sent them to the principles office. They went in and sat down.

 

"I was informed by some of the students you two skipped school." The principle said.

 

"We're here aren't we? I think they misunderstood." Taeyeon calmly said.

 

"Really..." he then turned to Krystal, "You haven't even been here for a week and you're already skipping class."

 

"I-I umm..." Krystal couldn't think of anything to say.

 

"She dropped something on her way here, and she said it was important. So I said I'd help her look for it. That's why we left, but we're back." Taeyeon sounded convincing. 'How is she so good at this?' Krystal thought.

 

"I was going to expel you two, but I'll let this one slide. I will have to give you a detention. You'll serve it today after school. You'll be picking up trash around school." He said. He dismissed them and let them head to their class. They hadn't been gone that long so it was still early. 

 

"You are really good at lying." Krystal said taking a breath of relief. 

 

"I couldn't let you get in trouble for something I did. It wouldn't be fair. I'm sorry you got a detention because of me." Taeyeon said.

 

"Thanks, and don't worry, its better than getting expelled." Krystal said.

 

"We should get to class. Do you think you can find your correct class?" Taeyeon said with a giggle.

 

"I think I can." Krystal replied with a smile. They went their separate ways. Krystal made it to class. When she entered all eyes focused on her. It made her uncomfortable, so she kept her eyes on the ground and walked to her seat in a hurry.

 

While she was in class, she was writing and then she looked at her hand. The feeling of Taeyeon's hand holding hers came back. A smile grew on her face. She's had her hand held before, but it's never made her feel like this. 'Friends hold hands, but why does it feel so...weird when she held mine?' she asked herself. It frustrated her how she couldn't exactly explain how it made her feel or what she felt. Out of nowhere the bell rung and it startled her. That class was over. She was too caught up in her thoughts that time flew by. She stood up and was ready to go to her next class. She was walking out in a hurry to make it to her next class on time. As she was about to walk out of the classroom, she bumped into someone. 

 

"Sorry." She said without looking up. She was about to walk away, but that person grabbed her arm. She finally looked up and her eyes went wide. 'Uh oh' she thought.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Has anyone made you feel something you can't explain? If so, how did you react or what did you do? (Please leave a comment)

 

Hello there my beautiful readers. Yay I finally updated. I know I take long. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. College is really killing me, so I've had no time to write. So I'm really trying to find time. Thanks for keeping up with this story even though I can't update as frequently as I want. Well till next time. Love reading those comments by the way.

 

Oh and one  more thing. Can I just say how beautiful and gorgeous Taeyeon looks in her teaser photos. I swear she's a true goddess. Finally her solo debut. Oh and I'm obsessed with Red Velvet, is anyone else?