Chapter 3: Ditched

Beautiful Stranger

"His name's Min Woo." Kevin said. 
   

 

"Oh..." I said.
   

 

"Theirs rumors going around." He said.
   

 

"About?" I asked.
   

 

"I think I've said too much. Are you coming to the party tonight?" He asked changing the subject.
   

 

"Yeah."
  

 

"It'll be fun." He said with a smile. Kevin was really nice. It's odd how Taeyeon is so popular, yet no one knows much about her. I wonder why.
   

 

School was finally over for the day and I packed up my things. Jessica didn't come back to class. I guess I'd have to wait for her again. I went to my locker and waited for Taeyeon to get there. I wanted to ask if she was okay. 
   

 

After waiting for while, she wasn't showing up. The hall started to clear out. I thought maybe she might have gone home, so I walked outside and waited for Jessica.
   

 

Jessica stormed our of the school building. She looked furious. She didn't even have to tell me we were leaving. I stayed silent and walked to the car. I notice it looked like she's been crying. What's going on with her?
   

 

We got home and she went straight to her room. She slammed the door again. I wanted to ask her what's wrong but I don't think she'll talk to me. She's probably not going to the party.
   

 

I walked back and forth for a while debating whether or not I should talk to her. What if I go in there and she yells at me to get out? It's none of my business. 
   

 

I didn't feel like being in my room today, so I stayed in the living room and watched tv. I didn't have homework because I finished it at school so I had nothing to do. The sun was starting to set. 
   

 

"Why aren't you ready?" A familiar voice said to me. 
   

 

"I didn't think we were going." I said.
   

 

"What made you think that? Of course we are." Jessica said.
   

 

"Well you were....uh I don't know what to wear." I didn't want to bring up the subject of her crying, so I just went along.
   

 

"Just put on whatever. It's not like people care, everyone's there to have fun." She said.
   

 

"I'll go get ready then." I walked up to my room and opened my closet. I grabbed a pair of dark jeans with a grey shirt. I put on some make up and I was done. I went downstairs. 
   

 

"We need an alibi." She said.
   

 

"Dad doesn't know we're going out?" I asked.
   

 

"Not to a party. If he asks, we were studying at a friends house." She said.
   

 

"I don't think we should be doing this." I didn't feel it was right to lie.
   

 

"He never finds out anyway. He's too busy with other things." Jessica said. So she's done this more than once.
   

 

(End Of POV)
   

 

They were on their way and the whole time Krystal felt uneasy. She wasn't used to lying, the guilt was starting to get to her. Maybe she shouldn't have come.
   

 

"Just relax." Jessica told her.
   

 

"I'm trying." Krystal said fiddling with her fingers.
   

 

"We won't get in trouble."  She assured her.
   

 

"Okay."
   

 

"I just need you to not drink."
   

 

"I wasn't going to." ' I'm only fifteen ' Krystal thought to herself. 
   

 

"And if they offer you anything, don't take it." Jessica said serious. 
   

 

"Are you going to?" She asked. 
   

 

"We're here." She avoided the question. Krystal didn't bother asking again. They got off the car and began waking towards the house where the party was being held at.
   

 

There were people everywhere she looked. The music was pumping. Some people were dancing, drinking, fooling around, and others were passed out on floor. Krystal was getting a little uncomfortable. 
   

 

She was too busy looking around that she lost track of Jessica. She couldn't tell very well who everyone was because there wasn't much light. There were too many people. 
   

 

She walked for a bit and found herself in the back yard. There were only a few people. Someone approached her.
   

 

"You want to try one?" Someone asked her.
   

 

"What is it?" Krystal asked.
   

 

"Just try it." They were little white pills, she wasn't sure what they were. You know what they say, you crack under pressure and that's exactly what happened. Before she could grab one someone stopped her by grabbing her wrist.
   

 

"I don't think you want to try one." They said.
   

 

"T-Taeyeon?" Krystal said.
   

 

"She'll like it." The guy said.
   

 

"I don't think Jessica would like it if she found out what you were giving her little sister." Taeyeon told him.
   

 

"Fine then, do you want one?"
   

 

"No I don't." Taeyeon said.
   

 

"Well that's the first time I've heard you say no." He said with a laugh. 
   

 

"Will you leave if I take one?" She asked.
   

 

"Sure." She took one and put it in and took a sip of her drink. He just smirked and walked away.
   

 

"I don't think this is the best place for you." Taeyeon said.
   

 

"What was that?" Krystal asked avoiding the comment.
   

 

"Nothing." Taeyeon simply said.
   

 

"I may be young but I'm not stupid." She remarked.
   

 

"You'd be stupid if you took something like that." Taeyeon said.
   

 

"You took it." Krystal said firing back.
   

 

"Touché." Taeyeon said with a chuckle.
   

 

"Why are you out here by yourself?" Krystal asked.
   

 

"I'm not." She said.
   

 

"Yeah you are."
   

 

"No, you're here and so are a bunch of other people." She said.
   

 

"That doesn't count." Krystal said.
   

 

"Why not?"
   

 

"You should be with your friends. You've been acting different this whole day."
   

 

"You've been to school two days and you already know when I'm acting different. I'd say your stalking me." Taeyeon said.
   

 

"What? No I'm not." Krystal said defensively.
   

 

"Whatever you say." Taeyeon said laughing a little.
   

 

"Can I ask you something?"
   

 

"Sure."
   

 

"Why aren't you friends with Jessica?" Krystal asked.
   

 

"Because we don't have to be." Her expression changed when Krystal mentioned her name.
   

 

"That still doesn't answer my question. Shouldn't popular people be friends?"
   

 

"I don't care about popularity." Taeyeon said.
   

 

"Then why are you popular?"
   

 

"I don't know. It just....kinda happened." Taeyeon was beginning to feel woozy.
   

 

"You seem to like it." Krystal said.
   

 

"Then your just like everyone else." Taeyeon said sounding dissapointed.
   

 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-" 
   

 

"I'm going to get another drink." Taeyeon cut her off. Krystal could tell Taeyeon was acting weird. She kept looking around, like she wasn't sure what she was seeing or where she was. Maybe what she took was taking effect.
   

 

"Okay." Krystal said. Taeyeon walked inside. Everything was spinning. She kept bumping into people. When she made it to the table where all the drinks were, she almost lost balance but someone caught her. 
   

 

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.
   

 

"Uh yeah, I'm just a little dizzy." She answered. 
   

 

"I think you've had too much." He said.
   

 

"It's not because I've been drinking, it's just...." She stopped herself when she realized what she was about to say.
  

 

"It's just what?" He asked.
 

  

"Nothing. I'm fine." She smiled to reassure him. 
   

 

Krystal thought Taeyeon was taking too long and wondered if she should go inside to look for her. She made up her mind and went inside. It was a little hard getting through because there were so many people.
 

  

She was finally able to go somehow where there was more light. She was at the entrance of the kitchen where all the drinks were. That's when she saw Taeyeon was talking to him. It seemed Taeyeon had ditched her. This didn't make Krystal very happy.
   

 

She left the kitchen and began looking for Jessica. She found Jessica talking to her friends. She went up to her and pulled her to the side.
   

 

"I want to leave." Krystal said.
   

 

"Why? We haven't even been here that long." Jessica said not wanting to go.
   

 

"I just want to go...please." Jessica saw the look Krystal had, so she agreed. She said goodbye to her friends and they drove home.
  

 

"What happened?" Jessica asked.
   

 

"Nothing."
   

 

"Then why are you upset?"
   

 

"I didn't interrogate you when you were upset so please don't ask." Krystal said in a rude way.
 

   

"Fine, I won't." The whole way Jessica didn't say a word. There was no reason to have an excuse this time since she knew they would be getting home before their father.
   

 

Krystal was glad they hadn't been there too long or else Jessica probably would've been too drunk to drive. They arrived home. They went to their rooms. But before Krystal went inside, Jessica stopped her.
   

 

"I know we don't know each other very well but you can tell me anything. We are sisters after all." Jessica said.
   

 

"You can tell me anything too." Krystal said before entering her bedroom. She liked that Jessica was making an effort to become close. But the thought of Taeyeon ditching her got her in a bad mood again. She didn't understand why she was still mad. She got ready for bed and soon fell asleep. 
   

 

A few hours later the sun came up and her alarm went off. She slowly woke up and got ready for school. When she got downstairs Jessica wasn't there. 

 

So Krystal went back up stairs and knocked on her door. There was no answer. She knocked again and still nothing.

 

"She left." Her father told her. 

 

"But she's supposed to drive me to school." Krystal said.

 

"She said she needed to be early today."

 

"But we've been leaving early."

 

"Maybe she needed to be there earlier. I'll drive you to school today." He said. Krystal thought it must be something important since she left super early.

 

Her dad dropped her off and she went straight to her locker. She hurried so she wouldn't bump into Taeyeon. She thought she'd be over it by now but the anger was still there.

 

"Why am I even still mad? I thought this feeling would go away but I still feel hurt that she ditched me. I just need to forget about it, that's it." Krystal thought to herself.

 

She just needed to get through today without seeing her and she would be fine. Then she remembered they had one class together, but Krystal thought maybe Taeyeon wouldn't talk to her.

 

She was beginning to confuse herself. She didn't want to talk to Taeyeon but there was a part of her that was hoping Taeyeon would talk to her. She didn't understand why she was making a dimples thing so complicated. She got ditched, oh well.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Question: Have you ever been ditched?

 

I think I'm going to be asking a question every time I update. Why? Just because I feel like it. Haha :)

 

Hello once again my beautiful readers. I know I haven't been very persistent with updates but something unexpected happened in my family and I had to leave the country for a bit.

 

Well I'm back now with an update and I know it's short but at least it's something right. Anyway, hope you like it. Any thoughts or complaints so far? Don't be shy to leave a comment or you can message me privately if you'd like. See you soon Annyeong ~