Chapter 7: Confused

Beautiful Stranger

She was about to apologize again, but no words would come out of . Out of everyone, why did it have to be him she bumped into? He had a devilish smirk on his face. Her breathing began to speed up. She was scared. To make matters worse, he had his friends with him. He smacked the books she had in her hands and it startled her. She jumped a little. He then grabbed her by the wrist and was about to pull her away from the class. 

 

"Kris, what are you doing?" Someone said. He stopped what he was about to do and Krystal was more than relieved to see that person.

 

"J-Jessica..." He said almost sounding frightened by her.

 

"What's going on?" She asked again. Jessica looked at Krystal and then at him.

 

"Uh...n-nothing, I was just helping her pick up her books she dropped." Kris said, letting go from her wrist.

 

"Krystal you should go before you're late for your next class." Jessica said. Krystal picked up her books and left in a hurry. As she was walking away, she turned back and saw Jessica talking to him. His friends just stood there, they wouldn't even say anything. They all seemed afraid of her. But why? She knew his name now, it was Kris. Krystal hoped she wouldn't bump into him again. She was able to get to her class on time. 

 

The rest of her classes went by and Krystal noticed she was getting stares again. She could hear them whispering about her. She didn't understand what the big deal was. She thought it must have something to do with her being with Taeyeon. Either that or they were just looking at the big bruise she had on her face. She didn't like all the attention she was getting. It was making her uncomfortable. Her last class finally came and she was headed towards the library. She was about to turn the corner of the hall when someone stopped her.

 

"Hey." Someone said tapping her on the shoulder. She turned around.

 

"Huh?" Krystal said. It was Minwoo.

 

"Have you seen Taeyeon by any chance?" He asked.

 

"Umm no I haven't." She said.

 

"I can't seem to find her anywhere." He said.

 

"When did you last see her?" Krystal asked. She thought she should help him.

 

"Before class ended she said she was going to the restroom and that we'd meet up to walk to our last period, but she never came back." He said.

 

"Maybe she's still in the restroom." She said.

 

"Yeah maybe. She's been doing this quite often. All of a sudden she just disappears. Would you mind helping me?" He asked.

 

"Sure, I'll help you." Krystal said with a slight smile. There wasn't a teacher supervising them, so after they signed in they could just leave the library. They split up and began to look for her. They exchanged numbers just in case one of them found her, they would call or text each other. She looked everywhere else before looking in the bathroom just in case, but she didn't find her.

 

There were a few different restrooms scattered around campus since it was a big school. She thought she should check the closest ones to where the library was located. She thought since this was Taeyeon's last class, she must have used a restroom close to there. She entered the first one, but there was no one there. Then she went to the second on, but there was also no one there either.

 

There was one more that was close by and she hoped she was in there. She had been waking around for some time now and she was getting a bit dizzy. Her head was beginning to ache, but she decided to keep going. She still hadn't heard back from Minwoo, so she thought he hadn't found her yet. She made it to the third restroom, but before she went inside she heard talking.

 

She put her ear close to the door to hear better, but all she could hear was mumbling. It sounded like the people in there were arguing. She wasn't sure if she should go in or just walk away. Her phone suddenly began to ring and it startled her. She had forgotten to put it on silent. 

 

She quickly took it out from her pocket and she was able to silence it, but she wasn't quick enough. She realized they had stopped talking. This was her cue to run, but she couldn't think quick enough. Instead of running she slowly stepped away from the door. Someone opened it and pocked their head out. It was Jessica. She sighed in relief knowing it was someone she knew. Jessica walked out.

 

"Krystal? What are you doing here?" Jessica asked.

 

"I was uh...I needed to use the bathroom." Krystal quickly came up with a lie.

 

"Aren't there restrooms closer to the library?" She asked.

 

"This one is close. Why aren't you in the library? And why are you in this restroom?" It was Krystal's turn to ask the questions.

 

"I needed to use the restroom to and I like using this one. Its not too close or too far away from the library." Jessica said. 

 

"Are you the only one in there?" Krystal asked.

 

"A friend of mine is in there with me. We're just talking about something, so why don't you use another restroom." She said with an apologetic expression. Krystal thought they must be talking about their problems or something, so she just nodded and began to walk away. Krystal thought Jessica looked a bit suspicious, as she was walking away she turned a corner and hid behind it. 

 

She had a clear view from the restroom there. So she waited to see if they would come out soon, and she wanted to see if Jessica was telling the truth. Her headache was getting worse. It felt like her brain was hitting itself against her scull, but she it up. She only had to wait a bit before Jessica came out, but after her followed a person she wasn't expecting...it was Taeyeon.

 

Krystal's brows furrowed in confusion, 'Why is Taeyeon in there?' and 'Jessica lied to me' she thought. Once they were both out, she knew they were arguing by the way Jessica's face expressions were and her actions. Taeyeon just looked at her. She looked so sad. Krystal wanted to step in and tell Jessica to stop, but she was too scared.

 

It frightened her how scary Jessica could be when she was angry. She could be so nice, but she turned into the devil when she was mad. What she saw next made her eyes widen in disbelief. Jessica slapped Taeyeon. She could tell she hit her hard, it made her head turn and it left a red mark. Taeyeon didn't do anything to stop it. Another slap came, even harder. Taeyeon still wasn't doing anything.

 

She noticed it didn't seem to faze Taeyeon at all. A slap like that would make anyone cry in pain, but she wasn't. Jessica gave Taeyeon one more slap before angrily walking away. Krystal thought Jessica was going to walk in her direction to get to the library, but she was relieved she didn't. Taeyeon just stood there looking at the floor. It was like she spaced out or something. Krystal could see the red mark on her left cheek. It looked like it stung. The sad expression she had before had turned into a blank one.

 

Taeyeon suddenly looked up and made eye contact with Krystal. Krystal immediately hid. 'There is no way she knew I was here' she thought. She heard footsteps getting closer and this time she did run. She ran back to the library as fast as she could. It seemed like it was taking forever. She wasn't familiar with whole school yet, so she knew she was going to get lost. When she finally got there she stopped at the door to compose herself. Once she had sort of done so, she walked in and to her surprise Taeyeon was already there. Jessica was there too. She walked to her seat without making eye contact with anyone. Jessica called her name to sit with her. Krystal walked to the table she was in and sat down.

 

"Where have you been? I was sure you'd be here when I came back." Jessica asked.

 

"I-I got lost on the way here. I'm still not used t-to this school." Krystal stuttered not looking up at Jessica.

 

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." Krystal lied. The truth was she felt like . Her head ached, she still hadn't fully caught her breath, she was also really confused with everything she just saw. To make matters worse, all the confusion made her head hurt even more. She literally felt like passing out.

 

"Then why are sweating?" Jessica said with concern in her voice. Jessica put her hand on Krystal's forehead and she was burning up.

 

"I said I'm fine." Krystal raised her tone a bit. She pushed Jessica's hand away. She wasn't too happy with her for what she did to Taeyeon.

 

"Krystal you're burning up." Jessica said concerned.

 

(Krystal's POV)

 

Jessica kept talking to me, but I blocked her out. I didn't care what she was telling me. I don't know what Jessica and Taeyeon were arguing about, but she didn't have to slap her. Taeyeon took three slaps to the face without showing an ounce of pain. All that showed on her face was sadness. She was either holding back the tears or it didn't hurt her at all. There's no way slaps like that didn't hurt. Definitely if you were struck three times.

 

My body felt like it wanted to shut down. I was beginning to get shivers. I felt sleepy, but I was trying really hard to stay awake. I looked up at Taeyeon and she acted like nothing had happened. Minwoo had his arm around her and they were both laughing. I don't understand why she just stood there getting slapped and now she's all smiles acting like nothing happened. God it made me angry. 

 

She has Minwoo, she could tell him, but by the smile he had on his face I knew he didn't know anything. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who saw what happened. I know I should be demanding Jessica for an explanation, but I couldn't dare look at her. I'm afraid of my own sister. I looked at my phone and the missed call was from Minwoo. He probably called me to ask if I had found Taeyeon. The curiosity of what Jessica and Taeyeon talked about was eating at me. I really wanted to know. There must be a reason Jessica hit her, right? But Taeyeon seems so nice, why would anyone want to hit her?

 

I hate being so confused. I have so many questions with no answers. The pain kept getting worse. I then felt something running down my nose. I brushed my finger gently across my nose so I wouldn't hurt it since it was still bruised. I then I looked down at my finger. It was blood.

 

"Krystal your bleeding." I heard Jessica say. She must have been startled by it since she said it pretty loud. She quickly got up and got some tissues. She handed it to me and I ripped a piece off and stuck it up my nose. Some of the people in the library began to stare.

 

"How do you live like this?" I asked. I hated being stared at. I was mad and this made it worse.

 

"What?" Jessica said confused.

 

"Don't you hate it when people stare at you?" I said on the verge of tears. I know its only stares, but to me it was many things. Since I got here I'm not happy. I feel so out of place.

 

"I'm used to it, so not really." Jessica said.

 

"Well I don't like it; I hate it here." A tear fell. Jessica noticed and wiped it away.

 

"I'll take you the nurse's office, come on." Jessica stood up and then she helped me. We took our things and walked to the nurse's office. The nurse took me to a room and she told me I could be there as long as I wanted. She also said the bleeding would stop soon and she gave me something for my fever. It was just my sister and I in the room. I sat on the bed and she was sitting in a chair across from me.

 

I didn't know what to say. I still felt like crying, but I didn't want to cry in front of her sine I wasn't comfortable with her yet. She's my sister, but she's like a complete stranger to me. She's like Taeyeon, pretty much the only thing I know about them are their names.

 

"Its okay to cry." Jessica said. She stood up, sat next to me and embraced me in a hug. That's all it took for the tears to fall. I began sobbing uncontrollably. Her hug gave me comfort; it was like the motherly love I never had. She began rubbing my back. She kept telling me it was okay. All the crying made me exhausted. I fell asleep in Jessica's embrace. I'm not sure how much time I slept, but I felt somewhat better when Jessica woke me up.

 

"Are we leaving?" I asked not fully awake.

 

"Yeah, come on." She said. I got up slowly and grabbed my things. Before we left the nurse told me to not exhaust myself so much and that I needed to take it easy. Jessica must have woken me up just a few minutes after school was over since there were still students walking around the hall. Jessica began to walk the opposite way from the exit.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked.

 

"I need to get something really quick. Why don't you wait for me in the car?" She suggested. I just nodded my head and she gave me the keys, but I didn't walk to the car. I decided to follow her. I didn't believe her when she said she needed to get something. I made sure I stayed out of sight, so Jessica wouldn't see me. We walked past the hall where my locker was and something else caught my eye.

 

I lost interest in following Jessica and turned my attention to someone else. Minwoo and Taeyeon were by her locker. I waited to see if Minwoo would go away, but he wouldn't. So I decided to fake I was getting something from my locker. I walked in their direction and I opened my locker. Taeyeon didn't even look at me, she acted like I wasn't even there. The one who noticed me was Minwoo.

 

"Hey, I called you but you didn't pick up." He said.

 

"I had my phone on silent so I didn't hear it." I lied. I realized I've been lying a lot since I got here.

 

"Ah I see. Well thanks for your help." He said to me with a smile. I just smiled back and acted like I was looking for something in my locker. He gave Taeyeon a kiss and told her he'd be outside and left. Now it was just the two of us. I took a random book from my locker and put it in my backpack. I turned to her and she looked at me. Her face didn't have any marks. It was like she was never hit.

 

"What?" She said in a cold tone. Where did the sweet Taeyeon go?

 

"N-Nothing, I was just leaving." I said. She just walked away without saying anything else. What the hell is going on? I am so confused. I have to admit it kinda hurt when Taeyeon talked to me that way. I began to walk not far from Taeyeon. She walked to Minwoo's car, got in, and they left. I went to Jessica's car and about two minutes later Jessica came back. We drove home. Like all the other car rides together we didn't say anything the whole way home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's Note:

Question: What is your theory about why Jessica slapped Taeyeon? (Hope to see some comments).

Yay I finally updated. How are you all doing my beautiful readers. As you can see I made a new cover. Hope you guys are having a great Christmas break and its almost Christmas WAH!!! I know so far in the story not everything in clear, but bear with me. Soon some things will start to be revealed so stay tuned. Until next time, ANNYEONG~