Chapter 2: Bad Mood

Beautiful Stranger

"What are you listening too?" She asked. I just yelled at her, gosh I'm such an idiot.

   

"I-I uh...." What I wanted to say wouldn't come out of my mouth.

   

"Can I listen?" She asked.
   

"Sure." She put the ear bud in her ear. I seriously think I have a stuttering problem. She asked me a simple question and I couldn't answer it.

   

"Have those guys bothered you again? She asked.

   

"No." I said.
   

"If they do, tell me, okay?"She said with a tender smile.
   

"Okay, thanks by the way." I told her.
   

"No problem." She said. The sun seemed to be bothering her so she covered her eyes with her hand. The way the sun hit made her skin glow- what the hell am I saying!? I need to snap out of it.

   

"Where did you go yesterday?" I decided to ask.

   

"Something came up. Sorry I left without saying anything." 
   

"You don't have to apologize. It's not like we're friends right." This is why I don't like talking, I say the stupidest things. 

 

"Aww darn, I was hoping to be your first friend." She said sarcastically. I swear her smile was contagious. She smiled, which made me smile.

   

"I don't think you want to hang out with a freshman." I said.
   

"Why do you say that?" She asked.
   

"My own sister doesn't even look at me." It's true. I mean I don't blame her, but she could at least show me around.

   

"Why don't you go and talk to her? She's right over there isn't she?" She said pointing to Jessica's direction.

   

"How did you know it was her?" I asked. I don't remember telling her.

   

"News travels fast around here." She said.
   

"Ah, okay." I said.
   

"Just go over there and say hi or something." Yeah right. I'd make a fool of myself. There is no way I'm going over there.

   

"I think I'm good just sitting here." I said.
   

"I'll go with you." She took the ear bud out and stood up. She held out her hand.

   

"I really don't want to." I hoped she'd change the subject. 

   

"Fine. I'll go over there." She said, about to start walking.
   

"N-No, please don't." I grabbed her by the arm. 

   

"It'll be okay, she's your sister." She said.
   

"I'm not going over there, so please stop insisting." I pleaded.

   

"Okay, I'll stop." She said.
   

"Hey Taeyeon! We're about to start the game, get over here." Someone called.

   
"I have to go." She waved goodbye and went back to her friends. At least I finally know her name. 

   

"You're staring." The boy said. I forgot he was still here.

   

"No, I'm not." I said.
   

"You're still looking at her." I realized I was and I immediately stopped.

   

"I wasn't staring, I was just taking a glimpse." I tried to say it in a convincing way, but I don't think it worked.
   

"Sure you were." He was really annoying. 

  

"Whatever." I said.
   

"I'm not surprised." He said.
   

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked annoyed.
   

"Everyone stares at her. If they aren't staring at her, they're staring at your sister." He said.
   

"Why?" Sometimes I ask questions I know the answer to. Why do I do that? I have no idea.

   

"Because their popular. They both have their own group of friends. Everyone either wants to be their friend, date, or be them." He was speaking korean, I may not be very fluent, but I understood him.
   

"I noticed Taeyeon got a lot of attention." I figured she was popular. So what, I don't care about that.

   

"Consider yourself lucky. Your Jessica's sister and Taeyeon talked to you. Be careful, people can be very envious." Now he's starting to scare me. If people are envious of me, it's not my fault. I didn't ask to be Jessica's sister. I also didn't ask Taeyeon to talk to me.

   

"I'll take note of that." I said.
   

"I'm L by the way." He said.
   

"I'm Krystal. How do you know all this?" I curiously asked.
   

"I'm a very observant person." He said. More like a creep if you ask me. L kept talking about who knows what. I stopped paying attention to him. The bell finally rung and I was more than glad about getting away from the sun. I was walking and Jessica caught up to me.

   

"What were you two talking about?" She asked.

   

"Who? Me and L?" I asked.
   

"No, you and Taeyeon." She said.
   

"Nothing. Why?" I said.
   

"Just wondering." She said.
   

"Are you two friends?" I asked her.

 

"No." She simply said.

 

"Why?" There had to be a reason why. Their both popular, aren't popular people supposed to be like buddies or something.

   

"We just aren't." She said.
   

"If you say so." After we were done talking, she just left. I'm guessing she thought Taeyeon and I talked about something important. She was probably trying to get me to spill on what we talked about. Or I'm just being delusional. Either way, we didn't even talk about anything worth mentioning.

   

I was on my way to my locker when I spotted Taeyeon talking to a guy. She was laughing. I looked down at the floor while I was walking to my locker. I opened it.

   

I felt nervous just being there. He was cracking some jokes, which I personally didn't find funny. They were too close for my comfort.

 

Wait a minute. Why do I even give a damn? She can do whatever she wants with whoever she wants. Why was it bothering me so much?

 

He was clearly flirting with her. I've never dated anyone, so that might be the reason I felt that way. I must feel a bit nervous considering they're right next to me. Yeah that's it. I was finished getting my things. I wouldn't look in their direction. I didn't want to. 

   

I just walked away. I waited for my sister at the school entrance. Why was she taking so long, again? Once I get used the route, I can probably walk home. Then it won't have to be so awkward in the car. 

   

"We're leaving." She said, not in a very happy mood. She came out of nowhere. I followed her to the car. The look on her face was scary. She looked furious. I wonder who pushed her buttons?

   

I knew better than to ask. All she needed right now was her space, so she could calm down. I didn't even want to make eye contact with her. The whole way I looked out the window. 

   

We got home and I went to my room. I heard a door slam, I knew it was Jessica. Something really bad must've happened. Maybe she argued with one of her friends. 

   

My dad was working, so it was just Jessica and I. I liked being in my room because no one would bother me there. The only time I'd leave it was when I had to.,

   

Time passed and my dad came home from work. It would be dinner soon. Maybe Jessica wasn't in a bad mood anymore. 

   

I finished my work and I was just lying in bed. I was looking at the ceiling trying to make shapes out of the little cracks. My dad called us to go down stairs for dinner. I went down, Jessica wasn't there yet.

   

I sat down at the table. I heard my dad call Jessica's name a few times, she finally came down from her room. We all sat down. We were having spaghetti. Judging by her expression, she didn't look very happy. I thought she'd calm down by now, but I guess I was wrong.

   

"It's a miracle you aren't on your phone today." He said. He tried cracking a joke. Jessica didn't say anything.

   

Did he not notice? You didn't have to be genius to know she was in a bad mood. I really started to wonder what put her in such a mood, but I was afraid to ask.

   

Dinner was over and Jessica didn't eat much. I went to my room. I thought I'd hear Jessica slam the door again, but I didn't. Someone knocked on my door.

   
"Come in." I said.

   

"What's wrong with Jessica?" My dad aksed. Why is he asking me? 

   
"I don't know." I said.

   

"She didn't say anything?" He asked.

   

"No." It seemed like he thought I knew something. I had no idea why she was in that mood. He should ask her. He left after that and I went to bed. During the night I heard some mumbling and it sounded like Jessica. I think she was arguing with someone.

 

I think she had her phone on speaker because it sounded like there were two people. I couldn't understand what they were saying, all I could hear was mumbling.

   

I woke up early the next morning again. I got ready and went down stairs. Jessica was already there.

   

"Are you ready?" She asked. I couldn't tell if she was still mad, it was too early to worry about that.

   

"Yeah." I said and we were on our way.

   

"Just in case no one tells you, since it's Tuesday today, we get out earlier." She told me.

   
"Really?" I said.

   

"Yeah, it's an early release day." She said.

   
"Thanks for the heads up." I said.

   
"I thought I owed you. Oh there's one more thing." She said with a smile.

   
"What is it?" I asked.

   
"There's a party tonight. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come." She said.

 

"Uh..." I've never been to a party before and this has been the longest conversation we've had.

   
"It's okay if you don't want to come." She said.

   

"It's not that, I've just never been invited to a party." I sounded so lame.

   

"Well this can be your first." She said with a bit of excitement in her voice.

   

"Okay." I answered.

   

"Yay, you'll like it." Will I? I'm only fifteen. Too late to back out now. Maybe this will be good. Jessica and I can have some sisterly bonding or whatever you call it.

   

We got to school. I was getting out when someone caught my attention. It was Taeyeon. A smile automatically grew on my face, but it quickly faded when I saw her with the guy she was talking to yesterday.

   

She was all smiles with him. I realized I was staring again, so I looked away. I turned towards the entrance and Jessica was gone. I swear she's like a ninja. I went inside and got my things. I went straight to class.

   

During the school day I noticed a few people were staring at me. It's so annoying, take a picture it lasts longer. I really don't like it when people stare. 

   

Classes were shorter since it was a short day today. I liked it. Too bad it was only on Tuesdays. It was finally my last period and I couldn't wait for school to be over.

   

My class was in the library and everyone was doing their work. Well mostly everyone. Jessica was sitting with me, but Taeyeon was all by herself. She was just quietly sitting there.

   

She looked happy this morning, but now she looked kinda sad. She hasn't said anything to me. I mean not that she had to, but I'd at least think she'd say hi. She wasn't even sitting with her friends.

   

"Who are you looking at?" Jessica asked me.

   

"No one." I immediately said.

   

"Oh come on. Tell me. Was it a cute boy?" She teased.

   
"It's nothing." I said.

   

"It must be something, since it caught your attention." She said with a smirk.

   

"I know it's my second day here, but something doesn't seem right." Might as well tell her. Maybe she knew something.

   

"Like what?" She asked. 

   

"Taeyeon." When I mentioned her name, her expression suddenly changed. 

   
"What about her?" She asked, but it sounded like she didn't care

   

"She's sitting alone." I said.

   

"So." She really sounded uninterested.

   

"And she isn't talking. Not to mention she sat away from our class." Everyone was acting like nothing was wrong. Wouldn't her friends be over there asking what's wrong? 

   

"You noticed all that in two days." She said.

   

"Isn't it pretty obvious?" It's easy to noticed when someone is down. Or at least I think it is.

   

"Let's talk about something else." Jessica said.

   
"But-" She interrupted me.

   
"So are you excited about the party?" Why was she changing the subject? 

   
"Yeah, I guess." I decided to just go along with what she said.

   

"You don't seem that excited." I wasn't really listening to her and I realized the guy that was talking to Taeyeon was in our class. I noticed he was looking at her. He then stood up and walked her way.

   

"I guess someone finally noticed." I said. I thought of walking over there, but I wasn't sure if I should.

   

"You know, now that I think of it I need to be somewhere." Jessica said.

   
"You just got here though." I said.

   
"I have to go." Well her mood changed pretty fast. She looked like she was in a hurry. Maybe she needed to meet that guy she was talking to.

   

I still didn't understand why Taeyeon's friends aren't with her. So I decided to go to their table and ask. I wonder where I found the courage to do that?

   
"Can I sit here?" I asked.

   

"Sure."

   

"So...why isn't Taeyeon sitting with you guys?" I hope they don't think I'm nosy.

   

"She likes being by herself sometimes." Kevin said. I remembered his name from when he introduced himself yesterday.

 

"Why? Did something happen?" I asked.

   

"We know better than to ask." He said.

   

"You mean you don't know?" I said.

   

"Your asking a lot of questions." He said. He gave his friends a look and they all got up and sat at another table. I'm guess he wanted to talk to me alone. Wow he didn't even have to say anything to them.

 

"I just thought maybe you should go comfort her." I suggested.

   

"She's a person who deals with things on her own, and she doesn't talk about her problems." He said.

   

"So she doesn't tell you anything?" I asked.

   

"She doesn't tell anyone. No one really knows her, we don't even really know her." He said.

   
"But she's your friend." How can friends not know each other?

   

"She only shows what we want to see. Everything else she keeps to herself. So we know her, but we don't. Complicated right." He said. 

   

"Yeah, it is." I said.

 

"But I see someone is already over there." Kevin said pointing to her.

 

"Who is he?" I asked.

 

"His name is...."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Author's Note:

 

Hello once again my beautiful readers. I guess you'll have to wait and see who it is. Who do you think is it? I know it's a bit boring right now but bare with me. Things with start to get interesting.....I hope. How are you liking it so far? Don't be shy to leave a comment. Till next time, Peace Out!!!

 

Oh and did you hear Amber's Shake That Brass. I really liked it....no, I FRICKEN LOVED IT!!! Not to mention Taeyeon was featured in it. If you haven't listened to it, you should. Annyeong...