Chapter 5: Feeling

Beautiful Stranger

To make matters worse, I didn't understand my homework at all. I thought I would be able to do it on my own but I can't. I should just ask for help...no, I can do this.

 

"Need help?"

 

"No." I said recognizing the voice right away.

 

"It looks like you need it." She said. Maybe I should listen to Jessica and stay away from her. Maybe if I do, this feeling will go away.

 

"No I don't." I was trying really hard to reject her offer. I needed help, but not just that, I wanted her to help me. 

 

"You didn't say no when I asked if you wanted I could be your tutor. In fact, I was waiting for you to ask." Wipe that grin off your face. Krystal don't give in, just try to ignore her.

 

"I don't need nor want your help."

 

"Can I know what I did for you to dislike me?" I'd like for you to go away, that's what I want you to know.

 

"I'm trying to do my work." I told her.

 

"How can you do it when you don't understand it?" She had a point but I wasn't going to let her convince me.

 

"I understand it perfectly." I tried to sound convincing. 

 

"Sure." Is she making fun of me now? Can't she just go away?

 

"I do." 

 

"I offered my help, so I'm going to help you." She gave me another beautiful smile and sat next to me....beautiful smile? What the heck am I talking about? 

 

When her shoulder brushed mine, I felt that feeling again and my body went tense. The nerves came back again. My heart began to beat fast. What was wrong with me?

 

"Okay, so what do you need help with?" She asked. I tried to compose myself so I'd at least be able to answer but I couldn't. So instead of saying something, I just pointed at it.

 

She began explaining it to me but I couldn't hear what she was saying. It was like I blocked every sound out except for my heart beat. Then I realized Jessica wasn't there anymore. I didn't even notice when she left. 

 

"Krys?" Did she just give me a nickname?

 

"Did you just call me Krys?" I asked. 

 

"Yeah, it's easier than calling you Krystal. If you don't like it-" 

 

"No I do- I mean you can call me Krys, it's fine." I did like it.

 

"Okay, I'll call you Krys from now on." There was that smile again. She explained the whole thing again. She also said she would help me with my Korean. The only ones I spoke English with were Jessica, Taeyeon, and Kevin. With everyone else it had to be Korean.

 

"Why are you helping me?" I asked her.

 

"Can't I."

 

"You can, but why me?"

 

"You really want to know why?" She asked. I nodded. She came closer and I froze. What is she doing? Many thoughts began going through my mind. But all she did was whisper in my ear. 

 

"There's no reason." She said. Her breath tickled my ear. It sent shivers through my body. She was joking around.

 

"Oh w-well thanks I guess." What a dumb thing to say. Gosh did I look stupid.

 

"I'll be right back." She said. She got up and walked out of the library. I sat there staring down at my paper. I was breathing heavily. Why? I have no idea. I finally looked up and I noticed some of the students were looking at me. So I tried to act like nothing happened. 

 

I didn't like the idea of her having this effect on me. I've been here for a few days and I can't act properly around her. This has never happened to me. I mean yeah, I can be awkward around people but not like this.

 

I still hadn't made any friends either, just acquaintances. I was used to it of course, but I thought moving here would change things. Then again I'm always wrong.

 

Taeyeon was taking long. Maybe she was stuck in the bathroom or something. So I got up and headed to the closest bathroom. Once I got there I was about to pull the door open, but someone else swung it open and it hit me right in the face. 

 

(End Of POV)

 

"Soojung-ah?" Jessica called.

 

"Krys?" Taeyeon called.

 

"Krys? Why are you calling her like that?" Jessica asked.

 

"She said I could." Taeyeon said.

 

"Well don't." Jessica snapped back.

 

"I don't think right now is the best time to argue about that." Taeyeon said. 

 

"I think it's the perfect time. Oh and another thing, stay away from her." Jessica said in a serious voice. 

 

"That's not for you to decide." Taeyeon replied back.

 

"You little-" Jessica was interrupted.

 

"Ugh..." Krystal said getting up.

 

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon asked. 

 

"I should be asking that. Why are you still here?" Jessica said beginning to get irritated.

 

"I want to make sure she's okay." Taeyeon said.

 

"She is, now leave." Jessica told her.

 

"Can you stop yelling?" Krystal said. Her nose and her head were in pain. She felt something running down her nose. When she touched it with her hand and looked at it, it was blood. That's all it took for Krystal to faint. 

 

Jessica was able to catch her before falling to the floor. Taeyeon helped her take Krystal to the school's nurse. They laid her down on the bed and waited for her to wake up. When she finally did, Taeyeon went to tell the nurse she was awake.

 

"How are you feeling?" The nursed asked.

 

"It hurts." Krystal winced in pain when she touched her nose and forehead. 

 

"Do you remember what happened?" The nurse asked.

 

"I remember being hit by the bathroom door and then..." Krystal paused trying to remember the rest but it was just a blank.

 

"Is that it?" 

 

"I think so." Krystal said not really sure.

 

"Sorry, I pushed the door pretty hard." Jessica said.

 

"Your concussion isn't too serious, but you will most likely have other symptoms so be carefully. If you feel dizzy, just sit down and wait until the dizziness goes away. Other than that you can go home. If you're felling okay, then it's fine to come to school tomorrow but if you aren't, stay home and rest." The nurse told her.

 

"Home? Is class over already?" Krystal wondered how long she'd been out.

 

"Yes it is." The nurse said before leaving. Jessica handed an ice pack to Krystal. She noticed Taeyeon wasn't leaving.

 

"Come on, let's go home." Jessica said. Krystal was getting up but she felt dizzy. Jessica supported her from one side and Taeyeon from the other.

 

Jessica would have said something to Taeyeon, but she was helping get her sister to the car, so she stayed quiet. They got her in the car and Jessica had even gathered her things and already had them in the car. 

 

Krystal noticed Jessica was telling Taeyeon something, but she couldn't tell what she was saying. The doors were closed and all she could see was their mouths moving. 

 

The feeling had come back when Taeyeon helped her get to the car. She didn't understand what it was. Every time Taeyeon made any contact with her, it sent that feeling throughout her whole body. She couldn't make any sense of it. It made Krystal frustrated. 

 

It didn't take long for Jessica to return to the car. Krystal felt sleepy. She wanted to stay awake until they got home so she could sleep in her bed, but her body had other plans. Her eyes began to close on their own and soon she dozed off to sleep. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Have you ever gotten hit by a door? (Hope to see some answers in the comments)

 

Here is another update. Again I apologize for not updating frequently. Oh and school will be starting soon, so I'll have less time, but I'll try to update. School is such a drag. Hope you're liking this story. It's not too boring right? Till next time, Annyeong~