Chapter 2

The Story of the Ugly Duckling

"Ara! It's breakfast time, can you please hurry up, you are going to be late!"

"I'm coming umma!"

I shouted and tried to put my socks on with one hand while using the other hand to brush my hair. I then rushed downstairs and almost tripped over the last two steps if not for the handle on the side. My mum sighed watching me before placing down my plate of bacon and eggs.

"You are so clumsy Ara, you have to be careful. I hope you won't be like this at school..."

"I've got this umma, aish..."

My mum laughed as i pouted before sitting down, not without banging my leg against the table. I cursed in pain and my mum glared at me. I smiled sheepishly and began to devour my breakfast. After i ate, i ran upstairs to get my bag before slinging it across my shoulder and made my way to the door to put my shoes on.

"I'm heading off; see you in a bit umma."

"Be careful on the road ok? Look before you cross the street!"

"I got it umma!"

With a bang of the door, i was out and running. Another average day at school, i sighed when i thought of going everywhere alone and doing stuff in my own little world. I never told my mum that i don't have any friends, i don't want her to worry about me, she's enough of a worrywart already. I wonder if something is going to be different today, i have a good feeling about today... or is it a bad feeling... i can never tell; i never know what to expect every day at school, good or bad. I shook my head and touched the shining, silver, star hairclip on my head and smiled. Guess it won't be so bad if i've got my lucky accessory... I panted as i reached the school gate; thank goodness i'm not late... Definitely a good sign!

I walked in and immediately heard all the girls squealing on the left. I looked over and saw them... and the people they were surrounding. The Kingkas... I shook my head in dismay. Do they do anything besides being fond over by girls? I know they have perfect marks, good looks and everything but come on. I pulled my bag further up my shoulders and rolled my eyes at the bunch of fan girls and walked towards my homeroom. Suddenly, i felt that someone was watching me. I looked to the left and lo and behold, Kai, who is one of the most popular Kingkas in the group, was looking at me. He saw me looking and gave me one of his charming smiles. Girls were falling beside him but i just rolled my eyes again and left without turning back. 

Before i tell you anymore of my story, i should let you know who the Kingkas are. It is strange, there are two sub groups in that big group of Kingkas. One is named EXO, the biggest sub group of the two with 12 people in it; that is the group that Kai is in. There's also B.A.P, consisting of 6 members that are pretty popular with the ladies. Daehyun, Youngjae and Himchan are definitely by far, the most popular members out of that sub group with their good looks and wonderful personality... or so i've heard. It is every girl's dream to get close to all the Kingkas... well... almost everyone... everyone but me. To be honest, i just don't really find them that attractive and most of the time, don't care since they have nothing to do with an outcast like me at school. However, something unusual is happening today, yep, you guessed it, i'm talking about Kai staring at me. No, i don't mean looking, i mean STARING! 

"What is Kai staring at me for? Aish... now all the Kings are looking at me..."

I murmured to myself as i walked even faster to my classroom. Little did i know, i was going to get the biggest surprise today and that marks the start to my not so usual high school life.

A/N: another update for today my lovely readers! Please support this story lots and subscribe and comment :) Thank you!