Chapter 1

The Story of the Ugly Duckling

Hi, my name is Kim Ara, and I'm a student at the prestigeous Seoul High School of Performing Arts and Music. I have always loved music, music is my life. My parents had once told me that the first thing i knew how to say is not 'umma' or 'appa' like any normal child would say, instead, i sung, a note. Although i think that they were joking, i've always believed that music lives in me. We are not really a rich family, but because of my passion for music, my parents had decided to send me to this prestigeous performing arts and music school, the best in Seoul. However, the tuition fee is not a joke, which is why i have a part time job being a sales girl at a well-known retail company in order to pay the tuition fee; after all, i don't want to put too much pressure on my parents.

When i first went into the school, i can say that i wasn't liked by a lot of people... ok; i was not popular AT ALL. But that never really bothered me; they never took notice of me, never bullied or bothered me and generally just left me alone. Making friends i guess weren't really important to me so it was never on the top of my priority list. So i sat alone at lunch, went to classes alone and walked home alone. There are those who are friendly and wants to be friends with me, but i was always this quiet and shy girl that doesn't have much to say, so soon they just gave up and eventually drifted away from me, i would never even notice... i was just this invisible girl... You must be wondering why someone who's so average like me has a story to tell, well, i do. I've never thought my life would change so much, one minute i was just Ara, the boring and average girl, and the next minute, i became friends with the Kingkas of this school, and it all started from there... my journey to go from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. 

A/N: HEY EVERYONE! this is the first short chapter of this new story! I'm sorry it doesn't seem very exciting nor is it the best chapter, but i promise you the story will get better. My writing usually develops really slowly from chapter 1 but it will get better :) hope you enjoyed it and hope you will continue to support it! Thank you!