Chapter 8

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hayoung's Pov:

"You better listen to me! Oh Hayoung if- ugh! How could you disrespect me like that? Once again!" I spun around in my rolling chair, If I could I would've hung up the phone by now, but that would only make things worse. "Don't you ever let that happen again! You understand me!?" I rolled my eyes at the sound of my father's strict tone, I let out an unpleasant sigh and bit the inside of my cheek. 

"Yes sir. It won't happen, again." 
 
My father cleared his throat "That's more like it. I need to get going, by the way, your mother said hi." I just rolled my eyes once again. Is he talking about my real mother, or that woman? I already knew which one he was talking about, though I just can't believe he actually thinks for one second I would call that woman my mother, he must have lost it. That woman was the reason why my father and real mother got a divorce, does he think I would ever call her my mother?

"Goodnight." I didn't bother saying it back, it was never a good night when I talked to my dad.
 
I hung up my phone before tossing it onto my bedroom floor. I didn't even care if it broke, maybe then I would finally have a good enough excuse for not answering the next time he calls.

Sign, it's too quiet in this house, what's Naeun doing?
 
From what my father and mother know, I live alone. But I actually don't, Naeun lives with me. She has her own room and everything, something she didn't have when she stayed at the orphanage. Naeun grew up an orphan, her parents having been killed in a car accident when she was only three years old. I met her at age eleven, and when I was fourteen my dad decided to let me move out and live on my own. This was his way of getting rid of me. I didn't have any arguments about leaving though. I've pretty much always lived on my own, if it wasn't for the maids and babysitters I had, then I'd probably would have just raised myself as well.
 
I get out of my chair and dive face first into my bed. I just lay there, thinking. 

I wonder what Namjoo is doing?

I hope she made it home safely.

Eunji told me Namjoo had came over to her house, she wouldn't tell me why or what they even talked about ether. She said it was a secret. What could Namjoo have told Eunji? Ugh, this is going to drive me crazy! Eunji made it sound like it was something big, saying that I would like it very very much if I knew what it was.

"Talked to your dad?" Naeun says, I shoot my head up from my bed and see her peeking in through my doorway.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" 

"You keep dramatically sighing." She says now walking completely into my room and sitting at the end of my bed, I make room for her by moving up to lean against my headboard. "What did the old fart say now?" She continues, her comment making the both of us chuckled.

"The usual." I simply say. Naeun's eyes were dull and unexpressive, a sarcastic remark is coming.

"Oh okay so something like, don't do that and don't disrespect me blah blah blah. Right?" Sarcasm at it's finest. I let out another chuckled. She was pretty much dead on, but then again it's not really hard to guess what my dad calls to talk to me about. It's 100% the same thing everytime.

"Exactly." I say. We exchanged glances and Naeun furrowed her eyebrows. She's thinking about Eunji, she always looks mad when she thinks about her. That is if Eunji did something wrong, but if she didn't then Naeun would have the biggest grin on her face when she thinks/talks about her. In this case, Eunji must have done something wrong.

"Eunji keeps ignoring my calls." Naeun sadly says looking down at her lap.

"I don't blame her." I said making Naeun huffed in exasperation. She already knew why I was saying that. She knew I wasn't happy about her making Eunji break up with her boyfriend. Of course Eunji could have just refused to break up with him, but Eunji trust Naeun's opinion about well, everything. So if Naeun says something's not right then Eunji wouldn't have anything to do with it. And Naeun was well aware of this.

"He wasn't good enough for her Hayoung!" She exclaimed. I felt like we've already had this conversation once before.

"No one is." The meaning of my sentence didn't escape Naeun and her voice visibly softened.

"Right, no one." She faintly replied, her voice sounding more angry then anything as she clenched her fists tightly and looked back down at her lap.

"Not even you?" I asked, I could see the doubt in Naeun eyes before she averted her gaze. I knew my words had finally hit her. When she spoke again, her voice was no longer angry, but terrifyingly calm.

"Especially not me..." She says, her voice threatening to crack. I wish she would just admit it already. I know she has feelings for Eunji, she hasn't told me yet but I know, I see the way she looks at her. If by how Eunji would describe it, then it would be how I look at Namjoo. Eunji says whenever I look at her I have this love-struck expression on my face, and that's how Naeun looks at Eunji, lovingly.

"You're too hard on yourself Naeun."

"Whatever, what were you thinking about anyways?" She changes the subject, no one's better then Naeun when it comes to avoiding talking about their feelings. I decided to let it go, like I always do, only because I knew she'd admit it one day.

"About Namjoo." I answer honestly, it's nothing new to her anyhow, she knows I pretty much always have Namjoo on my mind. I felt movement on my bed so I look at Naeun to see her laying down on my bed now and hitting at the air? As she lays she throws punches to the air as if she's hitting something, or rather someone.

"You know that's really not fair! Eunji can call you and tell you all about her little get together with your Namjoo but when I call, I just get sent straight to voicemail!" Naeun bit her lip in vexation as she irritatedly yells out, continuing to throw punches to the air.

I let out a chuckle. It's funny seeing her act this way. She would never show this side of herself to anyone other then me and occasionally Eunji.

"Look at you getting all worked up and being emotional! Such a rare sight!" I poking her sides with my foot playfully.

"Oh shut up." She rolls her eyes and sleps my foot away. I chortle. "Anyways, what about Namjoo?" She asked, trying to sound casual, I knew she was only changing the subject again.

"I was just thinking about what she told Eunji that is such a big secret." I've already told Naeun my thoughts about this, but it's still driving me crazy trying to figure it out. What did Namjoo tell her? Why was she even at Eunji's house?! So many damn questions!

"You know Eunji's probably just messing with you, right?" Naeun states as if it was the most obvious thing ever. I don't know, Eunji sounded like she was being serious, for once.

"Probably, but maybe she wasn't for a change." I say shrugging my shoulders. I look at Naeun and she doesn't even seem the least bit interested to what I'm saying anymore as she was looking down at her phone with Eunji's contact pulled up on it.

"I'm gonna go try and call that dummy again. You should try calling Namjoo, since you're thinking about her so much." Naeun says as she gets up and walks out of my room still looking down at her phone. She didn't even give me a chance to reply, sign, she's such a great listener.

Should I give Namjoo a call? Just to see how she's doing... Or to check if she made it home okay... Or to see if-

Okay, I think I made my mind up.

I'll call her.

 

 

 


Namjoo's Pov:

I walked slowly through the park and found an old bench. I sat down for a minute, grabbing my head between my hands. I tried relaxing, but I could already feel the beginnings of a very bad headache coming. I lift my head up and look at my hands, my hands were shaking quite badly. Everything fell silent and all I could hear was the loud clobbering of my heart right in my ears. I felt sick to my stomach, I was pretty sure I was no longer breathing. There was a tightness building up in my chest that was threatening to make me pass out. I needed to leave. I can't do this, I thought I could but now that I'm actually here... I don't know anymore.

I stand up, looking in both directions. One being my ticket out of here, and the other, being what I came here for.

I start walking. My feet leading me to the exit of the park. About halfway out, I came to a sudden stop. What am I doing? Why am I leaving? I thought all of this through, why am I trying to back out now, when I've already came this far?

Why do I have to be so, scared.. Why can't I just face this and get it over with?

In the midst of questioning myself, I felt my phone vibrate. I pull it out of my pocket and see I have a text from Bomi.

Dummy Bomi:
Hey, I heard, Chorong told me. You're probably already there, right? You know how I feel about her but if this will make you feel any better then so be it. But if she hurts you again, Namjoo don't doubt me, I will cut a ! May the force be with you! Love you! <3

I felt a smile forming as I read that. I didn't realize till now just how much I needed to hear something like that, it cheered me up in a way.  

I walked back to where I was sitting not long ago, a couple of people passing me by, there wasn't that many people here considering it's late at night. 

As I was just standing there, in the middle of the park, just, waiting. I could feel myself fall apart from the inside out, I felt like I could cry, I wanted to cry. But I wasn't about to show weakness. I took several deep breaths, trying to calm down my heart rate, but nothing seems to work. I need to get this over with already! I have too, I have too...

I take very slow steps towards our meeting place, our place. It was this small little place next to the lake, you wouldn't even know it was there unless you walked through the trees and bushes blocking its path, It was hidden in other words. Irene said she had stumbled upon it one day, called it her special spot, than once she brought me to it, it became our special spot. This would be my first time coming here in over a year. I thought it wouldn't help me any less to come here and be reminded of how happy I was, of how happy she made me only to break me later on. I shut my eyes tightly, shaking my head back and forth, I shouldn't be thinking about those types of things. Once I had stopped shaking my head, I looked around and saw I was already here. Step by step I slowly make my way through, once I got passed all the bushes there was the green bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter