Special Chapter 14 (2Eun)

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ALL ABOARD THE ANGST TRAIN!!!
TOOT TOOT 

 

Naeun's Pov:

There was this little girl. She thought she was a pretty good kid, listened well, behaved herself. The last thing anyone would think about is this said girl, as she got older, would grow to have many dark sides. A dark side, where she preferred to stay at home all day, with pulled down into a frown and often turning into a scowl now and again.

Someone like her, had to be taken advantage of sometime, one way or another. Though she forgave and forgot quicker than you could snap your fingers.

She's been hurt by so many things, by so many people.

She fell into a little hole called love. Love, though many people think it's a blessing and a great thing, sometimes it just isn't for everybody, unfortunately.

Her heart was shattered into pieces and was replaced with a broken heart mended with sellotape and super glue. She had built walls and locked her heart in several cages so that she wouldn’t have to go through such a hard time again, but, she let herself fall, fall harder then ever. 

Why me? I thought maybe she would feel the same way... I was in love with her long before she even noticed me. And while it doesn't make any freakin sense whatsoever, I think I was in love with her long before I actually met her. All I ever wanted was for her to notice me. To accept me. And as I discovered later, to reciprocate my feelings. Neither of those three worked out in the way I wanted them to.

I never thought I could hurt this badly, I just want this pain to go away. But maybe, just maybe, breathing will get a little bit easier if I don't ever talk to her again, just like she wanted me too.

I remember everything that happened that night, how can I forget when it's constantly replaying in my head like a broken record? I gave Eunji everything, my first time even... I remember us laying in bed, my arms around her, holding her as close to myself as I could get her. I remember her waking up, she shot me a panicked look, and, the words... The words that continuously repeat in my head over, and over again. "This, It-it was a mistake, I-I, oh my god... J-just forget this ever happened, don't, don't ever talk to me again..." Those were the only words that left and flung knives into my heart before getting onto her feet as she stormed out the room.

Endless tears shed and sleeping on a empty stomach, who knew how much weight I had lost over the last three days. Eyes red and sore from all the rubbing, nose clogged from the constant sniffing, face as dead as a zombie and hair as crazy as a birds nest, I didn't care. It wasn't like I was going to impress anyone anytime soon.

Or, that's what I thought.

"You two are so cute," The lady behind the counter said, setting two cups filled with whipped cream on the counter. She had a sort of lopsided, open smile that made me think she laughed a lot. "Seriously so cute. How long have you two been dating?"

Eunji looked at me with an unusual look of concern creasing her features as she took her wallet out to pay for the drinks. "A decade"

I wrinkled my nose to cover a laugh, I can’t help it. I completely lose it. Of course Eunji would say something like that, even though I knew she meant nothing by it. It seems like the lady thought maybe playing along wouldn't hurt, she nodded appreciatively. "That’s really good for a couple your age." 

It felt nice pretending to be a 'couple' for a few seconds to help me forget how heart broken I was by none other then the girl buying us drinks right now. I crouched down a little bit to look at the cookies on the bottom shelf in the counter. With tears starting to well up I wasn't quite bold enough to look at either of them when I admitted. "Well, it was love at first sight."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter