Chapter 12

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Hayoung's Pov:

"Okay, you can do this Hayoung. Breathe in, breathe out." I try and calm my racing heart, I was pretty much hyperventilating at this point standing outside Namjoo's house.

"Nervous?" My long time chauffeur asks, I've known him since I was six and up until I moved out from my parents place, he drove me everywhere. Now since I was attending my parents event he's been assigned to pick me up and drive me to the ball. But I asked for a favour, witch was to also pick Namjoo up.

"Nervous can't even begin to describe how I feel right now." We exchanged glances, mine being one of a terrified glance while his eyes were closed looking very serene. I always wished I had just some of his tranquil perspective.

"You got this kiddo." He pats my head and with a light hearted laugh he gives me a slight push towards the front door, I anxiously look back at him before putting my hand up to the door. I swallow the lump in my throat, take a deep breath, then knock.

"Hi?" A man who looks in his late 30's answers the door, looking bewildered. "Are you here for Namjoo?" He questions, sounding unsure. Wait a second, Is this...? Oh my god! Is this Namjoo's dad?!

"Papa kim I got this." Chorong moves aside the man, taking his place of standing in the doorway. She girns as she looks me up and down, my cheeks flushing with her stare. "Wow, I thought Namjoo looked like a queen." Chorong's observation only caused my face to scorch. She steps aside and let's me in.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Namjoo's father. You can call me papa kim." Namjoo's dad, or 'papa kim' introduces himself asking for a handshake. I nervously shake his hand, shifting around uncomfortably. I should really be introducing myself as well right now but it's like my mouth is taped shut.

"That's Hayoung papa, she doesn't really talk a lot so." Chorong comes to my rescue explaining why I was behaving the way I was. 'Papa kim' doesn't seem to have notice my acts of discomfort though.

"I see. So Hayoung? You're taking Namjoo to a ball?" He asks, completely changing the subject. I didn't think this situation could get anymore uncomfortable then it already was, Chorong clears grabbing our attention.

"I'm gonna go get her!" Oh wow, for a second there I thought Chorong would come to my rescue again and save me from this awkward situation, but all she does is leave me stranded.

"You know, I thought this was a date." My head snaps in his direction, he just smiles. "But now that I know your just a girl and not a guy, I feel more at ease." He's smile gets bigger after he ended his sentence. Oh god... As I was bringing to think matters couldn't get any worse and I was just going to continue standing here like a fool not knowing what or how to say anything, I turn my head and just happened to look at the stairway at the right moment.

"Your queen has arrived!" Chorong announces Namjoo's grand entrance as they both make their way downstairs. Namjoo, she, she looks amazing. I was mesmerized by her beauty. Her eyes, which were glinting bright, were most compelling as she was making her way towards me. Her lashes are framed perfectly just to catch the exact amount of light filtering the room. And her dress. The dress I gave her, it's just as beautiful on her as I knew it would be.

Just as Namjoo stops right in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter