Chapter 1

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A year ago.
Namjoo's Pov:

I’m holding on to the thought that you’re not mine.

"Why can't everything just stay the same damn way!? Why... Just tell me why, please."

I can't look her in the eyes anymore. She's not the same girl I fell in love with, she's changed. I hate this , all of this! Everything was just a game. A game called lets see how fast she could break my heart!

“Can't you see it? I mean look around you, everything changes. Nothing stays the same forever."

She's not mine. She never was...

"You’re not mine." I say, my eyes begin to moisten, tears are coming.

I hate saying this out loud, it feels like in a way I'm finally admitting to myself that I couldn't have her, that I wasn't good enough for her, that I gave up and I'm letting her go... 

"Right, I'm not yours, nor was I ever." She says in such a heartless way. She's so cold, so careless. So hateful.

I walk away, leaving it at that. There's nothing left for me here anyways, but still... It hurts.

It hurts to let go. 

You feel like some kind of criminal for having wanted someone. For having wanted to be wanted by somebody. It confuses you, because in the end you're left so alone. You’re left so alone that you can’t explain. 

God this hurts.


 

 

Present. 
Namjoo's Pov:

I hate myself for not being able to stop thinking about you. 

Why can't I just stop thinking about you already? 

Why can't I just forget about you already?

I know it's impossible. I can't forget you, because it's impossible to forget someone I once knew. What I really want is to erase you from my thoughts and purge you from my memories. This is something I wish for, not what is or could ever be. Because no matter how hard I try, I can't forget you.

Why...?

"Namjoo?" My friend Bomi calls out to me, waving her hand in front of my face, she could have possibly been doing this for some time now, I wouldn't have notice though, being too deep into my own thoughts for so long. Even for a second I almost forgot where I was, but taking a look around I realized I was in the school cafeteria. Man, I really need to start paying attention more. "Are you even listening to me? Yah! Namjoo!!"

"What Bomi?! God you don't have to yell!"

"What could you have possibly been thinking about that you were ignoring me all this time? Huh?" She eyes me from top to bottom, giving me a questioning glare. "You weren't thinking about you know who again, were you?"

"No..."

"Ah I knew it! The look on your face gave it away!" I was never really good at hiding what I was feeling, according to others, my facial expressions told my feelings for me. "But why in the world are you still thinking about her for?"

"Bomi, I think it's best if we don't talk her again." Chorong, my other friend says.

"Hey come on, I just don't like seeing her like this. Now Namjoo stop being so down all the time! It's been a whole year now! Why ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter