Chapter 4

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Namjoo's Pov:

When was the last time I actually spent a quiet moment just doing nothing? Just sitting down on the grass and looking up at the sky, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs. Taking just a moment for myself, to think. But when I really look at it, I've been doing way too much thinking lately. I hate when something is completely out of my control and I can't do anything about it so I just sit and think about it. Like right now, I'm doing absolutely nothing but thinking. About what?

Her.

Sitting here in this field, a huge mont of grass everywhere you look, some would call it peaceful, others a distraction. This place was actually made for students to come and study, do homework, but no one barely even comes here. But I seem to find myself here quite often, just to think. And here as of lately, about her.

I was once told that thoughts are the shadows of our feelings. Always darker, emptier and simpler. But what are my feelings trying to tell me about her?

About Hayoung...?

"Namjoo?" I'm brought out of my deep thoughts as I hear my name being called. I look up and see that it was Eunji calling me, she''s standing there with the biggest smile on her face. "Ah good, I was hoping it was you."

"No, I'm afraid you have the wrong person." I jokingly say, we both let out a small laugh.

"Ah alright well girl who is not Namjoo, whatcha doing? Well besides sitting that is."

"Nothing, just thinking." Eunji tilts her head to the side then takes a seat down on the grass across from me.

"Mind if I ask, what or who your thinking about?"

"I got a feeling you already know I'm thinking about someone rather then something, right?"

"Right, and I got a feeling who it might be as well." By this sentence alone I get the idea I don't have to ask who she thinks it might be, but the thought she already knows. Seems like she too, noticed me constantly staring at Hayoung. Well since she knows already I might as well just go ahead and ask her what's been on my mind.

"Why... Why doesn't she-"

"Talk?"

"Yeah." Eunji must get asked this question alot, considering the fact she already knew what I was going to ask before I asked it.

"She's shy, taciturn. Ever heard that quote by William Shakespeare? It goes something like, 'Listen to many, speak to a few.' I'm beginning to think that could be her motto." Eunji lets out a dry laugh, she has a smile on her face as she talks about Hayoung, but looks as if she's contemplating on whether she should keep talking or not. "She can talk, she just, doesn't."

"Why?"

"I've been asked this before but like I said she's shy, well at least that's what she tells me. I really have no clue, and I really don't want to spend my time worrying about it. But my brain pushes at the question anyways, always has." So even Eunji questions Hayoung's odd behavior. I wonder why...

"You know, I actually came here looking for Hayoung." Looking? Is she missing? What happened, why is Eunji looking for her?!

"Hayoung? Is everything okay?!" I panickly ask, the type of tone I used not only surprise me but also Eunji. Why did I have to say it like that?

"No need to sound so worried." She replied with a smug grin plastered on her face. I can't decide who I hate seeing that look on more now, her or Bomi... "She's fine, she just got upset over something that happened earlier. I just wanted to make sure she was okay, but I can't seem to find her anywhere."

No need to worry? If you can't find her I'd take that as a sign that you should be very worried! Wait, why am I so concerned anyways? She's probably fine just like Eunji said, but maybe I could help find her, just so I could make sure she's okay.

"Maybe I could help yo-" Just as I was about to suggest that I could be of possible help, Bomi comes out of no where and tackles Eunji to the ground.

"Eunji! You're gonna pay for doing that!" Bomi yells out giving Eunji light hits everywhere on her body.

"What in the world is going on?" I voice out my confusion, only to be ignored.

"Chill Bomi, I was just messing around!" Eunji tries defending herself by trying to get Bomi off of her, but to no avail. Even though I have no idea what's going on, I have to admit this looks pretty funny to watch.

"Yeah well because of your 'messing around' I have to listen to Chorong's negging!" Bomi says and wait, Chorong? What is happening?

"What did you say?" Chorong says, nearly giving me a heart attack from her sudden appearance. Was she here this whole time? And why does she look like she's about to kill Eunji?

"N-n-nothing." 

"Okay, what's going on? Bomi why are you attacking Eunji and why does Chorong look like she's gonna kill somebody?" I get everyone's attention, they all stop what they're doing and look my way. Finally.

"Well, I have no idea about her," Eunji says gesturing towards Chorong, only making Chorong give har a glare in return. "But while I was looking for Hayoung I just happen to see my dear buddy here and decided to just greet her is all." Eunji innocently explains. Resulting in Bomi and Chorong groaning out in frustration.

"You call slapping someone's a forum of greeting?!" Chorong yells out, surprising everyone by moving (throwing) Bomi off of Eunji and pulling Eunji up off the ground by the collar of her shirt, making it to wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter