Chapter 9

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hayoung's Pov:

"Yah! Hayoung you better be lucky the teacher is running late!" Eunji exclaimed stopping us the minute me and Naeun had walked through the doorway of our class room. "What were you doing last night that you woke up so late fo-" Eunji paused, looking at me with a rather smug expression. "What were you doing Hayoungie? Huh?" She asked, a mischievous glint appearing in her eyes. Naeun who was beside me starts grumbling about how she hadn't heard a word from her at all and how- ah I couldn't make out what else she was saying as she started walking away from me and Eunji going over to her desk sitting down at it. She was probably just complaining anyways.

"Nothing." I said, avoiding her eyes, grateful I didn't stutter.

"But this is so unlike you! You just had to be doing something!" Eunji said cocking her eyebrow at me.

"I wasn't, I just went to bed late is all. Now let me by please." I was surprised at how well I was able to lie to her without being a stuttering mess. She let's out a sigh but moves aside anyways letting me walk passed her. I go to my desk that is besides Naeun and behind Eunji, before I could even sit down at it. Namjoo gets up out of her seat, walking over to me with a small smile on her face. Once she's standing right in front of me, she looks down at my feet. Wait, feet?

Why is she looking at my fe- oh, I guess In my rush trying to get to school quickly I forgot to tie my shoelaces. Namjoo kneels down on one knee now tying them for me. She looked up at me through her dark fringe of lashes and smiled. The expression on her face melted me completely. I knew I had the goofiest grin plastered on my lips, and didn't care.

"There," She said standing back up on her feet as she finished tying the laces on my left shoe. "Now you won’t fall."

"Too late." Waaay too late. Namjoo tilts her head to the side with a concerned expression on her face.

"You already fell?" I was touched by her solicitude, it showed how much she cared if I truly tripped over my own untied shoelaces or not, which I hadn't.

"Yes." I ecstatically said, giving her a beatific smile.

"Did you get hurt?" She asked confused with her bemused expression. I just shake my head at her. I hated making her worried and confused, but I was hoping she would get my ulterior motive behind it. When I said I fell, what I really meant was, I fell for her.

Namjoo gives me a light hearted smile and gently pushes me by my left shoulder before going back to her desk and sitting down, just in time too, the teacher had arrived. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face throughout the whole class, the teacher kept giving me weird looks, but I could care less. I'm way too happy to care what others think right now.

 

 

 

 


Namjoo's Pov:

"You're distracting." I said truthfully.

"I won't be. I promise." Eunji said, face in her hands as she leaned her elbows on the table I'm currently sitting at. "I'll get some crayons and draw quietly. Alone. In a corner." That would be nice, but knowing her she won't really do it.

If someone were planning on asking me why this thing had followed me to the library, I would just tell them don't, because even I don't know why. I was just minding my own business, thinking I could go to the library and try to catch up on some homework but no, this thing just had to tag along.

"Eunji, what's your favorite color?" I asked trying to sound like I was actually interested.

"I don’t have a favorite color, though I strongly dislike yellow. Horrid color." She says, her eyes turning into crescents as she brightly smiles at me.

I resolved to wear something yellow the next time I saw her. Yellow from head to toe, if I could manage it.

*beep*

I take out my phone seeing Bomi sent me a text, Eunji was rambling on about something, something as in Naeun and to be honest, I didn't care to listen.

Dummy Bomi:
Why is Irene in mine and Chorong's home room class talking to our teacher?

"She just kept calling and I already told her I didn't want to talk but- what does Bomi want?" Eunji stops her rambling, surprising me. How in the world did she know that was Bomi? She can't see my phone, so how did she know...?

"How'd you know that was Bomi...?" I ask completely flummoxed by how she knew, Eunji just shrugged her shoulders at me. I really should stop asking, though there's something really not right with this girl.

"What'd she say? She's asking about me, isn't she?" She asks in a sing song voice while batting her eyelashes at me. Ew.

"Nooo, not at all." I frighteningly say, while slowly backing my chair away from her. Please never do that again, please...

*beep*
Dummy Bomi:
Hello? Explain! Why was she here and dude, she's blonde now! Can't hate, she looks pretty good with it. You think I'd look good with blonde hair?

"No." Eunji, now standing behind me says while leaning over my shoulder looking down at my phone.

"Oh my god! Don't do that Eunji!" I shout at her jumping up in my chair a little bit, she nearly gave me a heart attack! Coming up behind me like that all of a sudd-

"Who's she talkin bout?" Eunji stops me from my inner grumbling with her question.

"None of your business." I say as I put my phone down, it continues to beep. 

"Ooh~ Is somebody mad?" She taunt me, playfully poking at my sides. I slept her hands away, them making a rather loud echoing sound from doing so. I had almost forgotten we're in a library until the librarian gave me a displeased glance.

"I will hit you. Harder." I threaten, Eunji raises her hands in defeat as she starts backing away from me. As I was about to throw my fist in the air of my victory for finally finding a way to get her to leave me alone, we suddenly hear a loud shriek coming from the entrance of the library, making us both snap our heads in its direction.

"There you are!" Naeun, was the source of the loud shriek. She was now marching her way over to us with a furious expression on her face. "You can't keep hiding from me Eunji!" What the, why is she yelling? We're in a library!

"Just watch Naeunnie!" As Eunji and Naeun began their game of catch me if you can around the table I'm sitting at, I start putting my stuff away getting ready to leave. I am not having any of this, I will not get kick out because of them. Once I put the last bit of my things away, I look up, and see Hayoung standing right in front of me. She's concernedly watching Naeun chase Eunji around some bookshelves. They continue to shout things out to each other while running around, making me become quite aggravated. 

"My god you guys this is a library! Stop yelling!" I bawl out, surely enough making their cat and mouse chase come to an abrupt stop. But that only lasted for, oh, about a second before Eunji started running again.

"Eunji! Stop running away from me!" Naeun yells, chasing after Eunji once again. I get up and out of my seat, about to chase after them myself so I could put a stop to their yelling before we get kicked out of here but as I was about to go after them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter