Chapter 7

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Namjoo's Pov:

Oh Hayoung.

Why won't you get out of my head?

"Alright class, be sure to turn in your homework by tomorrow!" Teacher Choi yells out as the bell had rong. Yes! Class is finally over. I start packing up my things in my bag as everyone leaves. I continue to pack my things but I got distracted as my sight decides to find its way to something else, or rather someone.

Oh Hayoung...

I found myself unable to take my eyes off the tall brunette as she clumsily tripped over the bag that Naeun had purposely thrown in her path, I watched how her cute nose and glittering eyes scrunched up in annoyance over the offending object. She had a pout on her face as Naeun let out a breathy, gleeful laugh. They stop playing around and grab they're backpacks as they walk out of the class room. I came back to my senses once they were gone and because I thought I heard someone calling my name.

"So you don't mind, right?" Teacher Choi asks with hopeful eyes now standing in front of me. Mind what?

"Huh?" I ask in confusion.

"Bringing Jung Eunji's homework to her." Oh, so that's what he meant. Why does he want me to do that? Well now that I think about it, I haven't seen Eunji at school today. "Her mother called in today saying Eunji wasn't feeling so well, but nonetheless I still need someone to bring her homework to her, it's due tomorrow. And you're the last one here so..." Now it all makes perfect sense. Damn, the one time I don't rush out of class the minute the bell rings, this crap happens... I take a look at teacher Choi's face to only look away in disgust. What in the world is that look...? It's like a very sad and vomiting worth over excuse for a puppy dog sad eyes look. 

"Sure, I don't mind." I give in as I couldn't take much more of that weird look teacher Choi keeps giving me. He lets out a very girly squeal but soon collects himself afterwards. He handed me her work and a piece of paper he said had her on address on it.

 

 


Why am I doing this again?

Oh right, so teacher Choi wouldn't keep looking at me with that, ew. I shake my head at the horrifying memory as I press on the doorbell of the house the address led me to.

Wait a second... I take a look around the neighborhood and notice how familiar it looked. Oh no, don't tell me... Aw man, I think this has to be my worst nightmare. Eunji, and me. Live. In. The. Same. Neighborhood.. This wouldn't be so bad if Eunji didn't already know where I lived. Lord help me...

"Hi, are you one of Eunji's friends?" I'm greeted by a middle aged woman opening the door. How did she kno- wait, if she's Eunji's mother and if she's anything like her daughter then nevermind, just nevermind. "I was told someone would drop by and bring her homework. You're Namjoo, right?" Oh okay, so teacher Choi must have told her I was coming.

"Right, I'm guessing the teacher told you I was coming?"

"Oh no, I just guessed." Do what now? "You looked a lot like how Eunji described you. But anyways come on in." What. The. Hell?! Described me?! There is something really wrong with Eunji, I'm certained by it. 

"Here we are." Eunji's mother says as she brought me to Eunji's room. She pats me on the back a couple times before leaving. I knock on the door, after not hearing a response I just walk right in only to regret doing so. No wait, I regret even coming here.

"Moommyy noooo!! I don't wanna gooo!!!" Eunji starts whining the minute I walk into her room, throwing a tantrum under her cave of blankets. Oh god, why, just why?

"I'm not your mommy. Stop whining, it's seriously annoying." I'm 100% already done with her, and I like just got here. 

"Namjoo!! I'm so glad your here!" Eunji pops out from under her cave of blankets and runs over to me with her arms wide open, how'd she know it was me just from hearing my voic- nevermind, I shouldn't even question her anymore. Once she gets to me she starts hugging the living daylights out of me. Ew...

Wait, she's sick, and she's touching me...

"Hey! If you're sick don't touch me!" I bawl out trying to peel her hands and arms off me. She let's go after what I said, giving me a vague and imprecise look.

"I'm not sick..." She says blankly staring at me. Well this just made me completely and utterly confused. If she's not sick then-

"Wait, if you're not sick then why didn't you come to school today? And more Importantly, why am I here?" I question, my right eye slightly twitching with how irritated I am with this whole situation. 

"Well, I'm kinda not feeling all that good." She speaks with a childlike directness, having her head down as she fumbled with her hands.

"What's wrong?" I ask with an unsentimental tone. But Eunji took it the wrong way.

"Awww does Namjoo care about meee?!" Oh god, Eunji please never use that type of high pitch voice again. It's seriously annoying, seriously.

"No I don't, now tell me before I leave." I answer her in a deadpan tone, giving her my best impassive poker face. I was only messing with her like how she always does, but she seemed to take it seriously. She has a pout on her face and her eyes got teary, like she's about to cry. Does it really mean that much to her if I care about her or not?

Whatever, that pouty teary eyed look she keeps giving me tho is almost as bad as that weird look teacher Choi gave me. Almost. I have a feeling she's playing with me, acting like she's hurt, so I continue to keep my uncaring act on, she wasn't telling me anything like I told her to, so I turned around about to head out her room before she grabs the back of my shirt stopping me.

"Okay okay! You got time?" I nod my head feeling triumph. Ha, I had a feeling she was only acting upset. 1 point for Namjoo, 0 for Eunji. "Great! Okay so, I'm not sick but I feel sick..? Does that make sense?" Nope. I try and walk out of the room again, but she stops me once again. "Okay! Don't leave! I'll tell you." We go and sit on her bed, she takes a deep breath and sits cross legged. I have no idea why I even care enough to know what's wrong, but I'm not gonna be completely heartless to her, at least I could do is listen to her.

"Well, I just broke up with my boyfriend so I think that'll explain it all." Boyfriend? Eunji had a boyfriend? Eunji? And she broke up with him? I sat there dumbstruck for a minute. 

"I had no idea you had a boyfriend." I say, staring into space. This is really shocking, she not only had a boyfriend but she broke up with him... Wow.

"Why, is that hard to believe?" She sounded infuriated with my reaction. But I'm not gonna lie to her, it is pretty hard to believe.

"Yes." I give my straightforward response, but I wasn't expecting how she would react to it. She threw herself into my lap, broke down and sobbed like a child. I really wasn't expecting this. "Don't cry! Im sorry! Don't cry!" I have no idea what to do, I've never dealt with anyone crying like this before. Maybe I should call Chorong and ask her what to do since she has a lot of experience dealing with me and my break downs before. But no, I can't call her I need to figure this out on my own.

"W-why, why did you break up with him?" I ask unsurely. She lifts her head up from my lap for a second.

"B-because, Naeunnie t-told m-me to." She explains in between sobs immediately throwing herself back into my lap afterwords. What? She broke up with him because Naeun told her to?

"You broke up with him because Naeun told you to?" She lifts herself up and off me now, sitting cross legged again. She tries and calms herself, wiping her tears away. I wonder if this was what I looked like to Chorong all those times I broke down in her arms crying my eyes out. If so, I should apologize to her. Eunji is such an ugly crier...

"Yes. Naeunnie said she doesn't like him. She also said he tried to hit on her while I wasn't around, but that's kinda hard since I like never left them alone together... But if Naeunnie said so then it must be true." Wow, and here I was thinking she was smarter than Bomi, I was so wrong.

"You're such an idiot." I say in a deadpan tone again, at this point I didn't even care if I hurt her feelings. I felt like I just wasted my time, why can't anyone see when someone else obviously likes them? Chorong obviously loves Bomi, and now it seems Naeun obviously likes Eunji. So why can't those two idiots see that?

"You don't have to be so mean Namjoo." She gives me a pout. I want to ask if she really knows why Naeun made her break up with her boyfriend, but I could care less right now to be honest. 

While I try and think of other things then how dense everyone around me seems to be, I remembered why I'm even here in the first place.

"Before I forget, here's your homework. Where do you want me to put it?" I take her homework out from my bag and hold it in my hands.

She pointed at the trash can. "Right there would be fine." She said grinning cheerfully. 

It amazes me how someone can go from crying their eyes out one minute to smiling like there's not a care in the world the next. I go and do exactly what she wanted me to, I throw her homework in the trash, I look back at her and she just shrugged her shoulders at me. She probably wasn't even going to do her homework in the first place.

"You like her, right?" My thoughts came to a stop hearing Eunji's unexpected question. Is she asking what I think she is?

"Who?"

"Hayoung." I knew it. "So, do you?" 

Yes... No...I don't know...

"Be honest with me Namjoo." She takes my hand in hers, with a compassionate look to her face. What does she want me to say? Tell her how confused I am? How can I tell her something I'm not all that sure of myself?

"What do you want me to say? Say that I know I just met her barely two weeks ago but I kinda, sorta, just maybe, seriously have been curiously thinking about her every day since?" I blurted out, I shocked myself with how quickly I said that. I wasn't even planing on saying anything at all, but it just came out.

"So you do like her." She said, a smirk forming on her lips and a mischievous glint appearing in her eyes. I never said I liked her, did I? "I can't wait to tell her!!" Eunji excitedly jumps up from her bed grabbing her phone tapping away on it. She's not doing what I think, right? Well wait, she's Eunji. I should just amuse from now on that no matter what, she's up to no good. I Jump up from her bed and snatched her phone away, just to look at it and see she already had Hayoung's contact up on it. She was going to call her!

"Eunji! Were you about to tell her I like her!!?" Opps.. What did I just do?

"Haha! You just told on yourself Namjoo!!" I did? Did I really say out loud that I like Hayoung? But I don't... Do I? "Namjoo I won't tell her, I can see you're having a hard time figuring this out yourself. I won't tell, don't worry."

"You mean it?" I need her to convince me. She can't tell Hayoung, she cant.

"I won't..." Eunji paused looking at me with a rather smug expression. "Or will I?" Oh that damn smug grin on her face, oh I just wanna-

"Okay! I'm not gonna tell her! I promise! Let gooo!" Eunji pleads for me to let go of her. Somehow my hands found themselves around Eunji's neck, choking her almost. I let go, taking a step back. "KIM NAMJOO LIKES OH HAYOU-" I launch myself back to her the minute she started yelling that. I tackle her down to the ground, I'm trying to get her to stay sill so I can punch her in the face but she won't stop wiggling around. "Okay, I give up! Please don't hit me!" 

I calm down and get off her. I don't think Eunji will tell Hayoung now, besides if she did, I'll just hit her. For real. Man, this girl sure does know how to get on my nerves. She gets up a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter