Let's Start Over

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinri didn’t know what exactly was inside of him right now, what exactly was controlling his words and actions but it definitely wasn’t the same thing as the last time. Because, right now, he was acting much sweeter than he’d ever acted. Sehun was feeding her, for God’s sake.

 

“I can eat by myself, you know.” She grumbled as she scowled lightly at him, not bothering to keep the irritation out of her voice.

 

“Yes. But you have yet to give me a reason for which this happened.” He told her. She opened to speak, even though she had no idea what to tell him, but he stopped her before she had a chance to do so. “You don’t have to feel pressured to tell me. All that matters are for you know it and not to do this ever again.”

 

“Sehun?” She asked softly when she finally couldn’t take it anymore. At the sound of her voice, he looked up at her, his eyes meeting hers once more. She took a deep breath and spoke again: “Why are you acting like this?”

 

“Because you’re my wife and I have to take care of you.” His answer was quick and rather simple.

 

“I can’t even count how many times you’ve hurt me. And yet, you come here and say that you want to take care of me because your duty as my husband. How does that even work?” She said, stressing out his words from earlier.

 

“It doesn’t matter. The point is, you must not hurt yourself. Because-- “

 

“Because you hurt me enough for the both of us, I know. I already told you: I don’t want to hurt myself and why do you care?” She cut him off sharply, rolling her eyes.

 

With a frustrated sigh, Sehun stood up and quickly walked across the room, stopping in front of the window as he silently contemplated what to tell her, what words to use in order not to hurt her, what information to share with her in order not to give her the wrong impression. He had to admit, it wasn’t as easy as he’d initially thought it would be.

 

“And what is this supposed to mean? You’re confusing me and you’re playing with me again! And I don’t like it at all. I should hate you for everything you’ve done to me. Right now, I trust you even though you haven’t done a thing to deserve it. I know I’ll end up getting hurt again.” She kept the tears that had gathered into her eyes from falling.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you.” Those words were out of his mouth and it wasn’t long until he realized his mistake. He was supposed to clear things up for her, not confuse her even more.

 

“Then what is it about? Enlighten me, please.” She mocked, earning a glare from him. Sehun reached out and grabbed the base of her neck, pulling her closer and forcing her to look at him. Jinri gasped, shocked by the sudden movement but quickly regained her composure and glared up at him. That, until she heard his next words.

 

“I forced myself to believe that I shouldn’t care about you, which is probably why I kept ignoring, rejecting and hurting you. Then that incident happened. You arrive home in that state, you collapse into my arms, you break down in front of me and I had to take care of you. When I saw that coat, yes, that was jealousy! I couldn’t stand the thought of another man touching you.”

 

Jinri had to try hard in order to keep from falling open at his confession. Of course she’d realized that, during these past few weeks, he’d been acting like a jealous, possessive and over-protective husband but his mean words and actions had always distracted her, not allowing her to dwell too much on that thought.

 

“And I’m not supposed to feel any of that, Jinri. I’m not supposed to and I don’t want to!” On the other hand, he didn’t seem very pleased about anything.

 

“You know, I tried to hate you too.” Finally raising his head, Sehun shifted a little so that he was almost facing her, his eyes meeting hers once more. From that moment on, he was absolutely sure that Jinri was not angry, not annoyed, not anything from what he’d imagined her to be.

 

“All the things I’ve been doing in the past few weeks were to gain your attention. Everything has always been about you. Ever since I married you, my life keeps revolving around you and I can’t seem to find a way to stop it from doing so. You’re like the person I’m closest to.” She broke eye contact by looking down.

 

“After having cleared up everything, I just want you to know that--” She paused for a moment, looking at him for a brief moment, before dropping her head and shrugging lightly. “I’m willing to start over.”

~•~

 

“Don’t do this.” A stern, husky voice resounded through the hotel room, a slight warning seeming to be hidden beneath those simple words. Oh Luhan was not an impatient person but this woman and her childish antics were getting on his nerves and he wasn’t sure for how long he could keep this calm façade on.

 

“Why not? I want to see Sehunie! I miss him so much!” She turned around to face the mirror. “And I bet he misses me, too.” She added a few moments later, a slight smirk appearing on her face as memories of a few years ago came rushing back into her mind.

 

Seulgi’s family was friends with Oh’s family and because they used to live in the same city when they were younger. They had known her ever since they were kids. To be honest, he’d never liked her. Sehun’s attitude towards her wasn’t much different, he wasn’t interested in her. Unfortunately, things changed 180 degrees when his father came up with the arranged marriage idea. He’d thought that what his little brother was trying to show his father that he had a girlfriend and that the getting married to someone else would just ruin everything.

 

“You have to understand, he has a wife. She knows what happened between the two of you. There’s no need to go flaunt it into her face, so if you want to meet Sehun, do it here.” He said, emp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter