Mr. Possessive Husband

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongin truly didn't know how he was supposed to deal with all this. Even if Jinri did tell him all he needed to know, he knew that a part of this confusion would still remain there. He certainly hadn't expected this, either. She was married and she hadn't mentioned it to him? Didn't she trust him anymore? Sure, he'd been away for a really long time, but he'd always be her best friend.

 

So many questions were racing through his mind, his desperation growing with each and every single one of them. He needed answers and he needed them now. Right in that moment, she entered the café he'd chosen. She was wearing a pair of high-heeled shoes, together with dark jeans and a dark-teal shirt; her hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail, with a few bangs falling into her eyes.

 

“Jonginie." She greeted breathlessly as she hastily took a seat opposite from him, not wasting a second before going straight to the point. "You were at the club last night? Did I talk to you? Soojung's your girlfriend? Or did I dream all of this?" All those questions flew out of in a rush.

 

He wasn't able to stop the chuckle from escaping his lips. She just looked so confused and so innocent that it was simply impossible not to be amused by the whole situation. "Kim Jongin! This is not funny!" She hissed, slamming her hand lightly on the table.

 

"Sorry. I just can't help it." He replied, shaking his head, then chuckled again.

 

“Can’t help it? So I'm telling you I can't remember a damn thing from what I've done the night before. And you're admitting so openly that the whole situation makes you laugh? Really of all the things, it makes you laugh?" She snapped, glaring at him.

 

"God, I missed you." Those words were out of his mouth before his brain ever processed the action.

 

As for Jinri, she looked pretty taken aback for a moment, probably while that sentence sunk into her brain before her eyes softened and her posture relaxed. "I can't believe you're still doing this." She said, shaking her head lightly.

 

At first, Jongin had no idea what she was talking about but then memories of a long time ago rushed into his mind, causing a smile to appear onto his face. He and Minho used to always do that, they would talk and act sweetly to her when she was mad, knowing that that was the only way she'd calm down. Then she'd realize what they had done and get angry again which would usually result in the two of them being chased around for a while until she'd finally settle down and decide that they 'weren't worth her attention'.

 

"I missed you, too." She said, waving her hand in a sign of dismissal, as if that wasn't such an important matter. "Now, were you there last night, or not?" She said quickly, changing the subject,

 

"Yes, Jinri. I was there last night. I went to pick up Soojung and I saw you. I tried to have a conversation with you, but soon I realized that it was impossible, for you probably didn't even know your name at that point, so I decided to let you have your fun and ask questions later." Again, she tried to speak, but he didn't let her. "No, you weren't doing anything inappropriate, and I'm sure you haven't, even after I left."

 

"Moving on." He said, knowing that he'd given her all the answers she needed. "Do you want something to drink?"

 

“No, thanks." She replied, sighing quietly.

 

"Food?" He asked again. "You must be hungry."

 

"I can take care of myself. Thank you very much, Mr. Overprotective. Why don't you tell me why you called me here?

 

"I called you here because I want to talk to you. I want to know what happened while I was gone."

 

“You've been gone for so long. So many things have happened." Jinri trailed off for a moment, still not looking at him.

 

"We have time, don't we? I already told you: I'm not going anywhere this time. We have plenty of time to spend together, to catch up." And before she even knew it, a smile made its appearance onto her face. She really didn't know how but Jongin had always had this gift of brightening her day with just a few words. That was probably one of the reasons for which she'd always felt so drawn to him.

 

"I honestly don't even know where to start." She confessed after a few moments of silence, raising her head to look at him for a brief moment.

 

"Start with the beginning. How come you're married?"

 

"That's kind of the middle, actually." She murmured, sighing quietly. Of course, she'd always known that this conversation would have to happen, sooner or later but that didn't mean that she was ready for it. But then again, she wasn't sure she'd ever be ready for it.

 

"Start with the middle, then. Start with whatever you want to start, just talk to me."

 

Jinri told him everything, starting with the middle. From how her father had forced her to marry Sehun. She told him how she'd tried to make it work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter