Jealousy, Indeed

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Come with me.” Sehun repeated for the umpteenth time, his eyes watching her with hopeful look. He was leaning against his sporty car, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

 

“I can’t just leave right now. And I’m sure you can manage a few more hours without me.” She snapped, causing him to glare lightly at her. But he looked more hurt than upset and she couldn’t help but melt into his arms once again.

 

“Of course I can manage.” He scoffed and for a moment, Jinri got the impression that he finally understood what she had been trying to tell him. “I just don’t want to.” Then she realized she had been wrong.

 

“I’ve missed you too, you know? But it’s only for a few hours. Then I’m back by your side, I promise.” She murmured as she cupped his face within her hands, gazing into his eyes.

 

“You promise?” The almost child-like innocence his voice was laced made her laugh but since she knew he wouldn’t appreciate that.

 

“I promise. Just a few more hours and I’ll be yours as you wish.” She vowed, before sealing their deal with a light kiss.

 

Back inside the apartment, the girls were finally up and ready to face the day. They were dressed in comfortable clothes. Soojung was just in the middle of her rambling about how she was going to do the bride’s hair when the door of the apartment opened and Jinri slipped inside, careful not to make much noise.

 

“Look who decided to join us!” Amber exclaimed, smirking slightly as soon as said person entered the living room.

 

“Well, at least she did it with a purpose this time.” Sunyoung quipped, grinning lightly in her cup.

 

“You girls spied on me?” Jinri asked incredulously, agape.

 

“We didn’t. It’s not our fault that the first thing we noticed when we woke up was the shiny white car that was parked in the driveway of this apartment complex.” Soojung interfered, waving her hand in the air in a gesture of dismissal.

 

“A familiar girl making out with somebody right on its hood.” Sunyoung exclaimed in a disapproving tone, glaring lightly at her.

 

“Girls, come on. Leave her alone. They’ve just gotten together. Of course they’re going at it like rabbits.” Amber interfered.

 

“I doubt that’s called helping me. This was supposed to be about Sunyoung, right? I mean, she’s the bride, not me.” She said pointedly.

 

“Don’t try to change the subject, honey. I hope you’re using protection. With the amount of ‘couplings’ you guys have, it won’t be long until another ‘Oh’ pops out. And I’m not sure that would be very convenient right now, you know?” Soojung smiled at her.

 

Thankfully, Sunyoung choose that moment to remind them all of the purpose of this special morning. “Excuse me, kind ladies, if you could just leave our dear friend alone because I’m supposed to be the center of attention today.” She exclaimed and Jinri sent a quick ‘thank you’ to her.

 

“Happily! I can’t believe my dear friend is getting married!” Soojung exclaimed, clapping her hands and jumping up and down excitedly.

 

“So, you never really told us last night. What about your honeymoon?” Amber asked.

 

“Well, technically, it’s not the real honeymoon. Things are busy at the company so Zitao suggested we should only leave for a few days. Not even a whole week.” Sunyoung answered and rolled her eyes.

 

“You actually expected your honeymoon to last longer? I mean, no offense but your fiancé is a really busy man and I’m sure you were well aware of that when you accepted that pretty ring on your finger.” Jinri asked, in an uncharacteristic display of surprise and maturity.

 

“I know that. It’s just it’s been so long since we last got together with no interruptions. And I’m not talking about .” She said, knowing that it wouldn’t take long for her friends to make such a remark.

 

“And you agreed to have him take you where?” Soojung prompted, curiosity lacing her voice.

 

“Paris.” The bride replied simply.

 

“For just a few days?” Amber asked.

 

“Five to be more exact. And in return, he promised to take me to the Maldives for an entire month this winter. Trust me, that’s a lot of compromise from his part because he totally hates the sun.”

 

“That’s really sweet.” Jinri remarked as she applied a dark shade of brown to her eyelids.

 

“Oh, yeah? Well sorry but not all of us have our husbands or even boyfriends waiting on us hand and foot.” Amber replied acidly, rolling her eyes.

 

“That would make me the ungrateful one. And besides, Sehun does not wait hand and foot on me. He’s just--”

 

“Clingy.” Soojung supplied in what she hoped to be a helpful manner.

 

“He is not clingy! He’s just really sweet.” She defended him.

 

“Did he tell you he missed you?” Sunyoung asked, all traces of annoyance gone from her voice, replaced with curiosity.

 

“Not in such an outright manner but I know how to read him by now.” Jinri confessed, smiling fondly.

~•~

 

Sehun was leaning against the wall as he watched with boredom plastered all over his figure, the crowd gathering in the backyard. His mind had been constantly thinking about Jinri. Every single thing reminded him of her and he realized just how much control she had gained over his life. Soft, familiar lips were pressed against his immediately and his hands automatically came up to cup her face. She smiled softly against his lips, delighted with his reaction. She pulled away after only a moment as she pressed their foreheads together and looked at him in the eye.

 

“Hey. Missed me much? For one, I have to say I’d forgotten how good you look in a tux.” She declared, moving her hands so that they were now gripping the collar of his shirt, pulling lightly on it.

 

“Why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be with your friends?” He eventually spoke, looking into her eyes.

 

“Technically, yes. I just thought my husband would appreciate it if I came to see him even for a little while. But if he doesn’t--“ She was cut off before she could continue, a pair of lips landing on hers. She automatically smiled at his fast reaction but immediately responded by wrapping her arms around his neck and deepening the kiss.

 

They pulled apart only when their lungs were burning for oxygen, completely oblivious to the world around them. She smiled softly as she discreetly wiped the lip-gloss off his lips, trying not to giggle at his disturbed expression. He didn’t make any move to stop her not even when she leaned in and pecked his lips again, her hands cupping his face.

 

“Jinri?” A deep voice from behind them broke through their little bubble, pulling them apart once more.

 

Sehun watched curiously as Jinri’s eyes widened, the gasp that left her lips reaching his ears just before she whipped around, forcing him to release her from his arms’ hold. He finally snapped out of his daze to gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter