Epilogue: Eternal Love

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A small whine slid past Jinri’s lips as she felt the clutches of consciousness slowly beginning to pull at her. Furrowing her brows, she shifted and pushed her head into the pillow, exhaling contently once she had found a more comfortable position and the bothersome sensation disappeared. The warm feeling only lasted for a moment though, as the sleeve on her nightgown was once again tugged and a sound began to filter through her sleep-clouded mind.

 

“Mommy!”

 

The voice was closer now and with yet another displeased groan, Jinri opened her eyes. She turned her head in the direction of the familiar voice, concern flooding her system as she noticed her three-year-old daughter standing at the edge of the bed.

 

“Sweetie? What’s wrong?” She whispered in the silence of the bedroom; pushing herself into a sitting position. She opened her arms wide; an offer the little girl took as she crawled further into the bed and nestled in her mother’s embrace.

 

“It’s snowing.” The little girl answered, big chocolate eyes staring back at her in the darkness but there was no excitement she had come to associate with the declaration.

 

“I know. It’s been snowing for days, Hyemi.” She answered, choosing her words carefully while tucking a lock of dark hair behind her ear.

 

“But it’s snowing really hard now. And I can hear the wind.” She countered. As soon as she heard her words, Jinri had a sneaking suspicion she knew what this scenario was all about.

 

Hyemi hated thunderstorms, completely loathed them and ever since she found out that snow was just frozen water; she seemed to have taken a dislike to snowstorms, as well. Her mother doubted that she was afraid of them though and leaned towards believing that she was simply looking for an excuse to sleep in her father’s arms.

 

It was amazing how much she loved him and how much Sehun showed her that. She was truly a daddy’s girl. Even when she was little and he entered the room, she would start squirming in the arms of whoever was holding her and would only calm down when he was beside her. She even used to kick when she heard him talk. It was as if she had always been able to sense his presence. Though there seemed to be something about Oh’s family in general because she also adored her grandfather and especially her uncle.

 

Sehun loved her more than anything, too. He was always eager to spend time with her, something that Jinri found to be extremely sweet. He took her with him to work. She would complain that he was spoiling their daughter because he was but the truth was that they both took care that she would grow into an amazing person despite having had everything at the fingertips the moment she was born.

 

“How about a cup of hot chocolate? And then you can sleep with me.” Kissing her forehead, she smiled down at her daughter. In response, she received a nod and a wide smile.

 

“Come on.” Letting her slide from her lap, Jinri ran a hand through her tangled hair and heaved a quiet sigh. By the time she had pushed the covers aside and slung her legs over the edge of the bed, Hyemi had already skipped out of the room, leaving her to shake her head at her enthusiasm. Pausing for a moment to wrap a robe around her silk nightgown, she found her warm slippers and followed after her daughter, a smile creeping up her lips as she noticed that all the lights on the way to the kitchen were lit.

 

The girl had already taken a seat at the table and Jinri made her way towards the cupboards where they stored the hot chocolate both of them liked. Sehun avoided that section of the kitchen like the plague but she supposed that after so many years of marriage, the situation could only amuse her.

 

“Mommy, when is daddy coming back home?” She heard her daughter ask and she didn’t know whether to smile or roll her eyes.

 

“In just a few days, Hyemi.” She answered, moving around the kitchen with ease.

 

“That’s what you said the last time I asked!” She exclaimed in indignation. Jinri didn’t need to turn around to know that she was pouting.

 

“And the last time you asked was last night.” She countered, throwing her a knowing look over her shoulder. As expected, Hyemi was slouched into her seat with her arms crossed over her chest and her lips in a pout.

 

“Hyemi, we both miss him. I would bring him back if I could but we both know that I can’t. Your father has to work and there’s nothing either of us can do about that.” She started in a gentle tone, pausing her activities to walk over to where she was seated and crouch down in front of her.

 

The words seemed to deflate her countenance. “I know.”

 

“Then stop pouting.” Jinri said, poking her nose adoringly. She stood and was halfway across the kitchen when a muffled noise caught her attention, making her eyebrows draw together. “Where’s Vivi?” She asked her daughter but she seemed just as confused as she was.

 

“I left her in my room. I think she went back to sleep since she was too lazy to follow me.” She explained.

 

“Stay here.” Jinri ordered as she walked out of the kitchen and made her way towards the source of the noise, passing the living room and entering the small hallway near the entrance. Her eyes widened when they came across a shadow looming in the doorway and a gasp escaped her lips when she realized that she recognized that shadow.

 

“Sehun!” She exclaimed and thought of nothing else as she jumped into his arms. He was cold and smelled of winter and when she pulled back, she saw rapidly melting snowflakes in his dark hair. “What are you doing here?” She asked but didn’t give him a chance to answer as she cupped his face within her hands and kissed him. He had been due to come back in under another week and she was truly curious to hear his reasons for having lied to her but feeling his lips on hers seemed to be more important, especially after having spent two whole weeks apart.

 

“Well, I would tell you if you let me.” Sehun chuckled into their kiss. Jinri pulled back, playfully slapping his arm.

 

“Shut up! You have no idea how much I missed you!” She commanded, adoration in her eyes before she wrapped her arms around his neck in a t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter