Facing The Past

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Sehun, you ripped my ! My make-up is ruined, my hair is disheveled and I look like I’ve just run a marathon!” Jinri turned to face him. Her eyes showing both anger and disappointment. He secretly enjoyed the scene. She was beautiful when she got angry. It made him wanted to rip her dress off her little body and take her again. 

 

“You look gorgeous.” He disagreed as he came back behind her and wrapped his arms around her, his hands softly her stomach.

 

“But we’re at our best friends’ wedding, for God’s sake!” She whined once again, letting her head fall back against his shoulder for a brief moment before bringing it back up.

 

“Don’t worry. The ceremony is over, anyway. They’re getting congratulated by everyone right now. I’m going downstairs.” Sehun sighed quietly, before burying his face into the crook of her neck. “Finish up in here and I’ll meet you there, alright?”

 

Jinri agreed with a slight nod and her stomach did a weird flip, butterflies exploding in it when he lightly kissed her forehead before turning around and making his way out of the room.

~•~

 

Sehun slowly made his way down the stairs of the mansion. His expression showing more boredom. A hand on his shoulder snapped him out of his thoughts. But the perfume that invaded his senses was not the one he was accustomed to. Jinri didn’t smell overpoweringly; she smelled soft, fresh, sweetly addicting. And this was most definitely not her.

 

“Hello, Sehun.” Instead, it was Seulgi’s voice that reached his ears. He watched as the blonde circled him, her hand slipping from his shoulder on his chest as she leaned in to kiss him. His gaze instantly sharpened into a hard glare and he pushed her away with force, sending her stumbling back into her high heels.

 

“Remember this? You bought it for me.” She asked as she gracefully extended her hand towards him, showing him the diamond bracelet gracing her wrist. He frowned for a moment but then rolled his eyes and slumped back against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“I did not. You bought it with my credit card. There’s a difference.” Sehun hissed, scowling.

 

“I wonder what she would think of this. I believe she won’t like it.” She sighed and then perked up, as though having suddenly remembered something. “How are things between the two of you?”

 

“Get lost. Now, Kang Seulgi.” He snapped fiercely, slapping her hand away.

 

“If she’s as perfect as you seem to think, why would you have a problem with talking to me about her?” She started, her voice gaining a more serious touch.

 

“Can’t you see you’re not worth it?” He delivered gracefully, making her laugh lightly.

 

“You’ll come back to me in the end. She’s cheating on you. You and I both know it. You have the proof right in front of you. I don’t understand why you choose not to see it. No matter how long it takes you to realize what kind of person she is, I’ll be waiting for you, Sehun.”

 

“Do you even listen to yourself?” He asked, uncharacteristically concerned with her mental state. Even if he and his wife eventually ended up separated, what made her think he would go back to her?

 

“Of course I--” She stopped abruptly, her eyes lighting up and a sly grin erupting on her features as she caught sight of someone behind him. “Jinri! Over here!”

 

Sehun turned around just to see the shock through her eyes along the emotions he was used to see in them. She took a deep breath and started to make her way to them. She was dressed in a beautiful, light yellow dress that flowed gently down to her mid-thigh. When he met her eyes, her cold gaze unnerved him. For a moment, he worried about her getting the wrong idea. But then she came to stand next to him and softly smiling up at him. And he knew everything would be alright. He threw an arm over her shoulders and pulled her even closer to him, secretly loving the way her arms came to wrap around his waist.

 

“How have you been, Jinri?” Seulgi’s voice carried to his ears and he sighed dejectedly as he was inhaling deeply his wife’s hair. The soft scent of her shampoo invaded his senses and every cell in his body relaxed, making him able to easily tune out the blonde’s voice and presence.

 

“Perfectly fine. How about you?” Jinri answered and her voice surprised him. He had never heard her sound like this before, not even when she was fully expressing her anger.

 

“I’m more than perfect.” She declared happily and then extended her arm towards her, showing her the jewel she had previously argued with Sehun. “Look! Your hubby gave me this.”

 

He resisted the urge to groan out loud at her childish action. He pulled away from the woman in his arms and looked down at her, studying her expression carefully. There was no denying the fact that he was surprised when instead of the screams and slaps he had expected, he was met with a smile and a slight shake of her head.

 

“A while back?” She inquired softly as she discretely peered at the bracelet.

 

“Yes. Do you like it?” She answered, a bit hesitantly as she wasn’t quite sure what her rival had meant by that.

 

“Oh, yes. I wonder what you had to ‘perform’ for that bracelet.” Jinri answered, her voice tinted with only a discrete tint of sarcasm. “Don’t answer that. My thoughts are just all over the place today but I understand now. He got it so that you would leave him alone, right?”

 

Seulgi gasped audibly, clearly offended and unable to believe that her plan had just backfired on her while Sehun had to bury his nose back into his wife’s hair in order to hide his smirk. It was in that moment that he realized he adored this woman.

~•~

 

“Have you seen her face? It was priceless, I swear!” Jinri laughed, throwing her head back. Still giggling lightly, she stood on her tiptoes and gently touched her smiling lips to his, absolutely loving the way he brought her even closer to his chest. His strong arms held her possessively against him that it almost made her want to forget about everything and just go home because all she wanted to do at this point was to be alone with him.

 

“We have to go.” He said in what had to be the most disappointed tone she had ever heard him speak in.

 

“I know.” She answered in a small voice, looking down.

 

“Hey. What’s wrong?” He said, minutely tightening his arms around her and she looked up at him again, a questioning look in her eyes.

 

“I’m just--” She tried to speak but ended up trailing off, unable to find the right words. Looking down once more, she sighed and shrugged lightly before speaking again. “My parents will be here, Sehun. And I--”

 

His eyes darkened at the mention of her family, the incident from almost two months ago instantly springing to his mind but his anger quickly receded as her small hand smoothed over his forearm.

 

“I guess I’m just a little apprehensive about bumping into them.” She finished with a small sigh.

 

Without hesitation, Sehun grasped her hand with his, encouraging her to look up at him. “Let’s go greet them right now. I’ll make sure to let them know you’re not alone and defenseless anymore.” He said, steadily holding her shocked gaze.

 

“No. It’s not worth it.” She whispered, shaking her head.

 

“Jinri, they have--“

 

“You want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter