Some Type Of Love

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinri was slowly making her way back to her apartment after a long walk that evening when she noticed him. There was a SUV parked in front of the entrance to her apartment building and there was a man leaning against the front. Her steps slowing, she came to a stop a few meters away. The man raised his hand to angrily shake off the snow that had settled in his hair, glaring up at the door with a pout on his lips and a sullen expression on his darkened features. Her heart started racing and her feet acted on their own accord as they moved.

 

“Sehun?” She whispered softly as she stopped abruptly a mere three steps away from him. The man’s head snapped up at the sound of her voice and the breath left her as realization sunk in. She was standing on front of her husband for the first time in six months.

 

“What are you doing here?” Her eyes filled with tears and a smile broke on her face. There was no time for him to answer because in an instant, she was in his arms clinging to his shoulders, rising on her tiptoes to bury her face into the crook of his neck.

 

Sehun was startled at a complete loss of what to do. But his surprise lasted for a mere second before his arms came to wrap around her thin waist, lifting her off the ground in his desperation. Burying his face into her hair, he inhaled the sweet scent of her perfume, squeezing his eyes shut and holding her even tighter against him.

 

“Did something happen?” Jinri pulled away but only slightly so that she could see his face. His arms remained locked around her, his grip loosening only slightly.

 

“Yes. You abandoned me, that’s what happened!” He snapped before he could stop himself. He had waited for two more months after the talk he had with his brother.

 

“Sehun.” Her eyes widened at his declaration.

 

“I’m sorry, alright? But I just can’t stay away from you anymore. Ever since you left, my life has turned into this pathetic mess and I’m sick and tired of it! You’re on my mind every second of every day. I dream of you. I hug your pillow in my sleep. I didn’t even let Yeri change the sheets because they smell like you!” She was looking up at him with wide, innocent eyes and his own gaze softened as he took a step even closer and cupped her face within his hands.

 

“Jinri, I love you. I’ve changed. You wanted to give me a lesson? Well, you did and I swear I learned it. Just please say you’ll come back home with me.” He begged, closing his eyes briefly. By the time he reopened them, tears were sliding down her face. For a moment, he was scared that he had done something wrong. But then she smiled and latched to his neck again.

 

“Yes, I’ll go back home with you. I missed you, too!” She whispered, sniffling. His eyes closed once more, this time in contentment and his entire body relaxed as he brought her closer, burying his face into her locks. In that moment, their hearts beat in unison. And for the first time in such a long time, they felt whole again.

~•~

 

Jinri had not changed. That was the conclusion Sehun reached as he took a seat on the couch in the living room of the penthouse. Heaving a sigh, he rested his elbows on his knees and intertwined his hands below his chin, his ears taking in the relaxing sounds of her moving about in the kitchen.

 

Before he could travel down that train of thought, she appeared, carrying two mugs of tea which she handed to him with a smile. Physically, she was the same old Jinri he had fallen in love with. She still wore high heels, still dressed in an impeccable manner, simple make-up and her hair slightly longer.

 

“You know, I never got to thank you for the apartment. It’s beautiful.” She said, breaking the silence. He turned his gaze from the hot liquid swirling in his cup to her eyes.

 

“I knew you’d like it.” He smiled.

 

“How?” She asked, watching him with an expression of sweet curiosity on her features.

 

“The windows.” He said as though it should have been obvious.

 

“You noticed. At night when you turn the lights off, it’s staggering. I can see everything from here. And the car is gorgeous as well. Oh, and by the way--” Standing up, she was about to walk away but he stopped her before she could take another step.

 

“Jinri.” Sehun called and she turned around with a questioning look in her eyes. Standing up, he placed his cup of tea on the coffee table and made his way towards her, stopping only a few inches away. “Pack up and let’s go home. Come on.” He pleaded, taking a step closer and cupping her face within his hands.

 

“Calm down. You can’t expect me to leave on such short notice. Let’s spend the night here. And then in the morning, we’ll see.” She said, smiling her most beautiful smile.

 

“Jinri--” He tried to speak, but she hushed, placing a finger over his lips.

 

“You’re here now, aren’t you? We’re together. We’re fine.”

 

For a moment, he was silent. Then he confessed, sullenly. “I don’t have anything with me. I just want us to go home.”

 

“You’re so damn impulsive. Let’s spend the night. Tomorrow we’ll pack. And we’ll go home.” She said it so fondly that his heart skipped a beat. There was something about the spark in her eyes that forced him to act. Bending down in a quick movement, he stopped halfway, unsure of how his action would be received.

 

Jinri’s smile fell as she swallowed heavily, her eyes displaying nervousness as they darted from his lips to his eyes. Then she leaned in and pressed her lips to his and everything in the world disappeared. Their lips moved together slowly, softly as though they only met. He pulled her closer once the kiss deepened, his hands curling above her lower back, holding her tightly against him while she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, standing on her tip-toes to reach as high as she could.

 

For the long moments the kiss lasted, Jinri was the only person in the world. And for the first time, Sehun was not startled or dis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter