Better Than Revenge

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It had been almost a week since that incident. Sehun was dying for things to go back to normal. He couldn't deny that he kind of missed having her notice him. He yearned to have the old Jinri back. She was just too quiet, she was simply not herself. And he hated that. He knew it was his fault for reacting badly to that coat and to her words.

 

"Sir." His secretary's voice rang through the intercom, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Mr. Huang's here." With a sigh, Sehun quickly told her to let him in. He and Zitao had been friends for as long as he could remember. Their families knew each other and their mothers used to spend a lot of time together. The two of them still met at least one time a week to "chat".

 

Zitao was getting married in a month to his fiancée, Sunyoung, who was basically latched to his side. Sehun didn't know much about the girl, he'd only talked to her once or twice, but he could say that she wasn't that bad. She looked good, with her brown hair and chocolate eyes, and it was obvious the she was head over heels in love with the man she was going to marry.

 

"Can I meet her?" She asked at some point in their conversation, when Jinri's name was mentioned for some reason or another. "Tell her to have dinner with us. And I'll ask her if she wants to be one of my bridesmaids."

 

"You don't even know her." He stated bluntly. For some reason, he didn't actually like the idea. He knew he was being rather selfish because this was Jinri's chance to make some friends but a part of him just didn't want her to do so.

 

"But I will. Besides, it's my wedding, right?" Sunyoung didn't know much about the situation between Sehun and Jinri but she did know that the reason they married for wasn't exactly love, for Zitao had told her about it.

~•~

 

Sehun sighed quietly as he got out of the car and slowly made his way towards the front door of the house. He had promised to have dinner with Zitao and Sunyoung with Jinri. It didn't take him long to find her. She was curled up on the couch in the living room, flipping lazily through the channels, her eyes fixed to the flat screen on the wall. She didn't seem to have noticed him.

 

"Jinri, I want you to come with me somewhere."

 

"You're kidding, right?" She asked, to which he only raised an eyebrow. "I am not going anywhere with you."

 

"I'm afraid I'm not giving you an option. We will have lunch with a friend of mine and his fiancée. End of story."

 

"His fiancée. Tell me, does your friend treat her the same way you used to treat me?"

 

Rolling his eyes, he walked closer to her, resting his hands on the back of the couch, on each side of her shoulders. "No." He said, bending over so that he could whisper in her ear. "They're getting married because they love each other." He told her, emphasizing the word 'love' and didn't fail to notice the way she tried to hold in a shudder.

 

"I will not--" She tried to argue, but he cut her off before she had a chance to do so.

 

"Yes, you will. You will come with me because I say so. Because I am your husband, remember?" He whispered lowly in her ear and she squeezed her eyes shut, shaking her head.

 

"You have no idea how much I hate you, Oh Sehun." She said through gritted teeth, to which he could only smirk.

~•~

 

Jinri didn't know whether it was because of the circumstances because Sehun and her fiancé were talking about business, and she didn't seem particularly interested in that but Sunyoung, as she had introduced herself earlier was acting like she'd known her all her life. She kept talking and asking questions and surprisingly, she looked really interested in what she had to say.

 

"So, I was thinking." Sunyoung started, her voice managing to finally snap her out of her thoughts. "I need another bridesmaid. And I was wondering if you didn't want to be one." It took her a while to process what she had just said. When that finally happened, her eyes widened and she almost chocked on her food.

 

"Bridesmaids are supposed to be a bunch of persons close to the bride – sisters, best friends. You get the point." She said, shrugging.

 

"If you don't want to, all you have to do is tell me." Sunyoung said, cutting her off.

 

Again, Jinri tried to speak, but was interrupted before she had a chance to say it. "It's not that I don't want to--"

 

"Then it's settled!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands together in delight. Zitao turned to regard her with a rather amused look, an eyebrow raised at her childish behaviour, to which she only leaned back into him slightly. Her smile growing wider as a small smirk appeared on his face.

 

"I don't even know anybody. I only know Sehun and the two of you. How--"

 

"That can be easily arranged." Sunyoung interrupted her. "In fact, if you want to, I can take you to meet the other bridesma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter