It's Alright, I'm Okay

Wedding Gone Wrong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A beautiful, dark brown haired woman was sitting on her window seat, silently gazing outside. Her back resting against the wall; small pillows being held onto her lap. She always liked getting up early. Everything was so quiet, so peaceful. The exact opposite of what she was living. Oh Jinri as she was now called, could definitely say that her life was a complete disaster. The only thing she wanted was to be loved. But it seemed like that was not meant for her. She never understood why, it didn't seem to her like she asked for much.

 

Her parents never loved her. If they did, they certainly didn't bother showing it. They were always so cold. She never got a chance to talk to them, to tell them what was happening in her life. They never there when she was happy, or when she was sad. They never comforted her when she had a nightmare or when she was just scared of simple things, like any child was bound to be, they never took their time to read her stories or tuck her in at night.

 

When her father told her she was going to marry some guy she didn’t knew just because that was the best for their family, she knew she couldn't say no. She just never imagined it to be that bad. She had thought that maybe, she would find in him the love and comfort she had always needed. When she first met him, she realized he was a cold person, maybe even colder than her father and he never seemed to care about anything that happened around him.

 

Jinri knew he wasn't happy with the marriage. But she kept hoping that he would change his mind, at least start to like her. However, it didn't happen. At first, she blamed him because she had tried her hardest to make their marriage work. Arranged or not, she had really wanted it to be okay. But she soon realized it was all her fault. Her fault for getting her hopes up, her fault for even thinking that he would want her around him.

 

They lived in the same house, but rarely saw each other. He always at work or maybe he spent his time with somebody else. She was not stupid; she knew he had another woman out there. After all, he was a man and she never let him touch her. It wasn't like he had shown any interest and it wasn't like she was going to sleep with him, either.

 

Today was March 29, her birthday. For her, it wasn't such a special day. It pained her but she had gotten used to it. When she was still living with her parents, they actually took their time to wish her a happy birthday even though those words were spoken in a cold and indifferent tone; she learned how to appreciate it. Then they would give her some money to get herself a present and that was it. Now, they didn't even bother with a call. Her husband was never interested in her birthday even if they had been married for almost one year now; she highly doubted he knew when she was born.

 

Sighing softly, she stood up from her spot and headed towards the bathroom to take a shower. She took her time washing her hair and her body, knowing that, most likely, she was alone in the house. She got out of the bathroom about half an hour later, a small, white towel wrapped around her body. She crossed the room and entered her walk-in closet; she pulled out a set of underwear, a pair of dark skinny jeans, a yellow, long sleeved shirt and a pair of high heeled shoes, and pulled them on, before slowly making her way downstairs.

 

As expected, everything was silent. But that didn't bother her before, so why did she feel like that now? 'I should cheer up. It is my birthday, after all.' She told herself and tried to smile, but soon found herself unable to. She didn't cry, but it hurt a lot. And, honestly, she didn't know how much more she could take.

~•~

 

The day had passed rather quickly, the hope of somebody thinking about her existence never disappearing from Jinri's mind. It was already late in the afternoon when she arrived home with a few bags in her hands and a smile present on her face.

 

"Mr. Park." She called as she crossed the living room, placing her bags on the couch.

 

Mr. Park was a man in his early fifties, one of the servants. She actually liked the guy not only because he always in the house, which made her feel less alone but also he knew what to say in order to calm her down. Being always around, he knew of the situation she and her husband were in and she knew he had tried his best to understand it, without getting too involved. It felt good knowing that somebody actually tried to understand what was going on in her life.

 

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter