Trials

Touch My Hand

2/3

 


 

 

 

 

JINWOO’s POV

 

 

Today became one of our happiest moments. Mino just graduated from college and I cannot hide my excitement for him. I’ve been so proud of him- despite his duties as the school’s editor-in-chief, he still managed to study hard and now he’s here standing and proudly holding his diploma. It’s very sweet of him when he asked someone to take photo of us and we both smile like it’s the last smile we will give on planet Earth. I was quite shocked when Mino leaned closer and kissed my left cheek, I no longer care if people noticed that but I knew that my face just turned really red. After the program, we went out with his family to take our dinner. I feel like I was part of their family- happily chatting to them. The aura was just very joyful but there’s a glimpse of fear in my body. Now that Mino finally graduated, he will be living the professional life. He will work and I guess we will no longer have time for each other. It saddened me a bit but knowing that he will do it for our future just lightened up my mood again.

 

 

We’re on our way to my house with Mino driving the car. He keeps on looking at me and my face just heated up from those stare..

 

 

“Mino-yah, if you keep on looking at me we might be in an accident. Just look on the road..”

 

 

“I can’t help it. You’re so beautiful..”

 

 

“You’ve been saying that for months..”

 

 

“And I’ll never get tired of saying those words. You’re so beautiful and I’m so lucky to have you..”

 

 

“Okay okay Mino, but I want to still live on earth so can you now focus on driving??”

 

 

“I will..”

 

 

“By the way, did you got a call from the company your father suggested weeks ago??”

 

 

“They called me last night telling me to go there next week for my interview. Working for another company instead of my father’s is a great idea because I can prove to everyone that I can do well without the help of my parents.”

 

 

“I’m so proud of you..”

 

 

“But why are you pouting??”

 

 

“Nothing..”

 

 

“I guess I knew it..”

 

 

He stopped the car in a corner and he looked sincerely in my eyes while holding my hand..

 

 

“I know you’re worried that we will no longer have enough time to meet and talk- I also worry about that. I’ll miss you because I’ll be busy with work while you study but despite the distance I know that we still have each other. Just trust me and never forget that I always love you.”

 

 

“Mino-yah..”

 

 

“Honestly, I’m more than nervous. I cannot visit school and I’m afraid that your suitors will come and follow you..”

 

 

“You have nothing to worry about that. Like you said, I love you and I’ll love you..”

 

 

“It’s been months but we still act like a new couple with our cheesy lines..”

 

 

“I know, but we will no longer have time for each other so we need to savor every moment. So can you continue driving now or we’ll get scolded by my parents later??”

 

 

“Oh, I forgot.. Okay..”

 

 

I got out of the car but before I could enter inside the house, he pulled me for a gentle goodnight kiss. I blushed and after the kiss I quickly entered the house, without bidding goodbye to him. Minutes later after calming my racing heartbeat, I received a message from Mino.

 

 

“Goodnight..  ^^”

 

 

After three months..

 

 

Today’s the beginning of first semester. I’m now a senior student and I can’t contain the happiness and nervousness I’m feeling. I’ll be graduating very soon but I’m sad because I’ll this place- the place where I first met Mino. Speaking of Mino, he’s doing great on his work and his father decided that he needs to work for their own company now. During summer, we will meet at least once a week to have a meal or we’ll just walk in the park at night while watching the stars. But there’re times that I didn’t met for an entire month because he was sent on a training seminar abroad. I thought I’m going to die without seeing him personally. We chatted online but nothing’s better than seeing your loved one up close. When he told me that he will be going home, I personally picked him in the airport and we talked until the sun rises the following day. Now that I’m back in school, maybe I cannot meet him for months. I understand his work and I also need to fulfill my duties as one of the college writers and a student leader at the same time.

 

 

Time passed really fast. During those times, I realized that love is not always sweet and full of fluff. I haven’t seen Mino for the past five months because he was being sent to random countries. There’re times that I cannot even send him a message because it’s either he’s busy or I’m busy. Thankfully we didn’t have an argument because of that- maybe because we trust and understand one another.

 

 

But my patience was tested on my special day aka my graduation. Mino cannot attend my graduation because he’s been in US for a client presentation. I understand that the presentation is important to their company but I’m still sad because he will not see me wearing my black toga while receiving my diploma. My graduation day arrived but I’m not that fully happy, my parents seemed to notice it and they can’t do anything about it. After the program, we saw Danah waiting in front of the auditorium.

 

 

“Jinwoo-oppa, congrats~!”

 

 

“Thank you Danah!”

 

 

“I’m sad that my brother cannot make it here. But he asked me to show this to you..”

 

 

She handed me her phone and I click the play button. It’s a video of Mino.

 

 

“Hello my Jinwoo~! Congratulations, you finally made it~! I’m more than proud. I’m sorry that I cannot make it there because I’m still here in US. I really miss you. We haven’t seen each other regularly for almost a year but I’m thankful because you understand the nature of my work. I can’t wait to see you very soon. I love you..”

 

 

Without noticing, tears started falling in my eyes. I do miss him and my only wish is to see him very soon.

 

 

“Jinwoo-oppa??”

 

 

“Thank you so much Danah..”

 

 

“No problem. I hope you’ll see each other. You have no idea on how my brother missed you so much..”

 

 

 

 

MINO’s POV

 

 

Guess who’s back??

 

 

I’m finally back here in Korea. I missed this Korean air so much and I really miss the Korean boy with deer eyes that I haven’t talk to for months. Now that he’s free from studies, I can now find time to talk to him. Company trips make me exhausted and there’re times that I only talk because of business. I miss talking to Jinwoo, I miss talking to him about anything.

 

 

Just when I thought that I can finally have him, I was sent again in Jeju for a business trip. Because of my busy schedule in the company, I decided to look for an apartment that’s convenient for my work needs. I haven’t talked to Jinwoo about my sudden leave and I’m so disappointed to myself. I’ve been an irresponsible boyfriend to him. I cannot keep up with his every move, heck I don’t even know where he will be working.

 

 

After moving to my apartment for a week, I got a call from my father asking me to go in his office.

 

 

“Mino-yah, we have a new employee. He was hired last week and I hope you can meet and train him.”

 

 

“What is his position?”

 

 

“He’ll be the assistant art editor for our upcoming magazine release. I know that you’ve been in publication writing so I think you can help him. You will meet him tonight in your apartment..”

 

 

“In my apartment?? Why??”

 

 

“No questions Mino-yah. You’ll wait for him there okay??”

 

 

I was looking at the stars in the sky while drinking a glass of wine. I miss looking at the stars and I miss the person who have been the reason why I love it. Maybe if I met him, I need to ask if he still love me. My sad thoughts were cut off by a door bell- the new employee is here. I opened the door and I was shocked with what I saw..

 


 

to be continued..