The Beginning and End

Touch My Hand

1/3

 

 


 

 

MINO’s POV

 

 

Saturday afternoon 5:30pm

 

 

I looked at my watch and saw that this is it~!! I will now introduce Jinwoo to my family. It is eerily weird that my heartbeat is so fast. I’ll just introduce him to my family but I’m so nervous- I never felt this even when I dared to meet Jinwoo’s family. As I was pacing back and forth in my room, a gentle knock on the door startled me. I looked at the door and say my mother entering, her face is glowing and she looks so excited. She gently held my hand that’s busy pulling the hem of my shirt- a habit that I formed everytime I get nervous.

 

 

“Why are you looking like that? You’ll just introduce him..”

 

 

“I’m afraid that you won’t like him Mom..”

 

 

“Aren’t you confident that Jinwoo can impress us? If I was in his situation and I’ll hear those words, I’ll get really hurt. You know that relationships include trust, right? Just trust in him, and don’t worry about anything cause I know I’ll like him because he got your heart..”

 

 

“Thanks Mom..”

 

 

“You need to go, it’s getting late..”

 

 

I went out of our house and entered the car. I texted Jinwoo before I drove my way to his house..

 

 

“I’ll be there within ten minutes. Are you ready??”

 

 

I didn’t get a reply from him. Maybe he’s also nervous. But I know he can do this and no matter what happens tonight, I’ll still love him. Minutes later, I stopped by his house and waited for him to come out. What I didn’t expect is that when the door of his house opened, I’ll see the most gorgeous person I’ve ever seen in my entire life. Jinwoo went out of his house, wearing a black velvet sweater with a white shirt underneath it, a pair of black skinny jeans that outline his wonderful thighs, and a black and white leather shoes. His hair is styled upwards and I can’t help but to get the handkerchief on my pocket to prevent myself from drooling on him. I just fell in love with him even more. I was on the middle of fantasizing when a tap on the car window broke it.

 

 

“Mino-yah??”

 

 

I realized that the door is still not open so I quickly strode out and opened the door for him. His eyes were sparkling and he smells so good I just want to inhale his scent all night. I went nearer to him and gasp his scent when a pair of familiar voices stopped my actions..

 

 

“Boy, you’re getting late. And please stop smelling my son, and also stop looking at him like that. I’m afraid you’ll do naughty things on him..”

 

 

“Just make sure you’ll send him back here okay Mino-yah??”

 

 

“I will. Thank you so much we need to go..”

 

 

The drive on my house is quiet. Jinwoo is just looking on his fidgeting hands and the nervousness is now showing in his eyes.

 

 

“Jinwoo??”

 

 

“Yeah??”

 

 

“Are you nervous??”

 

 

“I don’t know what will I do Mino-yah..”

 

 

“First you need to stop pouting, you’re cute and I’m afraid that I’ll just stop this car and kiss you all night. Second, don’t be nervous. Just act like when you stay in our house for the seminar before..”

 

 

“But—“

 

 

“Don’t worry, my family will like you just like how your family accepted me.  Remember that I’m always beside you and I love you..”

 

 

“I love you too Mino-yah..”

 

 

I looked at him and somehow the nervousness in his eyes gently fades away. We stopped in front of our house and when we both got out of the car, I held his hand- a sign indicating that he has nothing to worry about, that I’m here for him and I’ll never leave him alone. We entered the house and we’re greeted by Danah who’s sitting on the couch. She gave Jinwoo a warm hug and Jinwoo can’t help but to smile..

 

 

“Welcome Jinwoo-oppa~! You remember me, right??”

 

 

“Of course, I’ll never forget you Danah..”

 

 

“Hey, I’m getting jealous here..”

 

 

“Sorry Mino-oppa. I’ll just call Mom and Dad, you can wait here..”

 

 

Me and Jinwoo sat down on the couch while waiting. The uneasiness no longer exists on his face, thanks to Danah. But his hands were still fidgeting so I grabbed both his hands while staring at those doe orbs.

 

 

“Don’t get nervous okay??”

 

 

“I’ll try..”

 

 

I was calming his hands when we heard footsteps going downstairs. Then I saw my parents walking near to us along with my sister. The weird beating of my heart before I left the house suddenly went back all of a sudden and I guess I’m more nervous than Jinwoo. I tightened my grip on his hand and I can sense that Jinwoo is starting to get more nervous. But no! I need to calm down or we’ll be doomed.

 

 

“Mom, Dad, we’re…..”

 

 

“Hello Sir and Mam, my name is Kim Jinwoo. It’s an honor to meet you..”

 

 

My words were cut by Jinwoo’s sudden talk. I didn’t expect him to approach my parents first. My hearts flutters with his actions.

 

 

“Yeah Kim Jinwoo. The guy who was here months ago to take part on one of the seminars hosted by my son. It’s nice seeing you again..”

 

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t have the chance to introduce myself formally but now I’m here not just a student writer, I’m here as Mino’s boyfriend.”

 

 

I saw the smile my parents gave to him and I can honestly say that my mother was right- I just need to trust him and I don’t need to be afraid. I loosened my tight grip on his hand and looked at his face that now reflects confidence and happiness.

 

 

Life will always be full of unexpected moments. The night went well as we ate our dinner, with my parents talking happily to Jinwoo. I’m not expecting that they will like him in an instant but I’m thankful that they did. They continued talking on the living room, with my parents asking when they will meet his parents and our future plans after we finish college. The night was getting darker and I need to bring Jinwoo back home. On our way, Jinwoo kept talking on how wonderful my parents are to the food we ate. I can say that this is one of the best nights I’ve ever had and I’m grateful that he’s been there on those glorious moments. When we finally reached his house, he held my hand and gave me a peck on the lips.

 

 

“Thank you so much Mino-yah, you have no idea how happy I am now!! Goodnight~!”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Six months later…

 

 

“This is the end and the start of something new..”

 

 

I gladly accepted my college diploma- a symbol indicating that I’ve made it! I finished college! All the hard work finally paid off and the persons who supported me are all here. But my eyes were glued on the man wearing a blue cardigan while holding a camera, his eyes sparkling from happiness and I can’t help but to fall for him even more. I made my way to him and he took countless of shots. I quickly asked someone to take a photo of us since we still don’t have a photo together, his hand made its way to my shoulders while mine s around his tiny waist. We gave our sweetest smile on every shot and I even gave him a kiss on a cheek on the last click of the camera…

 


 

to be continued..