Love You to Death Series_Chapter 12 : The Way Back

Love You to Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you’re next to me, time passes so quickly
When you go far away, time stops

 

1 year later…

(Sukkie POV)

            I sipped my third can of beer. Now I’m in Japan for shooting my film. That night, after giving him my noona’s diary and her letter, I didn’t meet him, Park Shin Won. He must be shocks from the truth he lately knew.

            ”Yah! Sukkie! How could you drink in the middle of filming, huh? You want to get scold from Iki-san?” Jinhyuk Hyung startled me with his loud voice.

            ”Yah! Hyung! This is break time, and for your information, I just drink three cans. I’m not getting drunk just because drink three cans of beer,” I defensed myself.

            ”You’re really…”

            ”Can you just leave me, Hyung?” I cut his words.

            Jinhyuk hyung didn’t utter a single word. Instead of leaving me, he sat beside me. We let ourselves wrapped up with the silence. Then, suddenly my phone vibrated, made both, me and Jinhyuk hyung a bit startled. I took my phone which is I placed on the table in front of me. I got a message.

===

            From : Unknown

            I know that you have tight schedule right now, but I want to meet you at the coffee shop where we met last year. Tell me when you have free time.

-Park Shin Won

===

            To : Unknown

            I’m still in Japan, three days from today I will be in Seoul. Meet me on that day then.

===

            I pressed send button. I don’t know how he got my number, but I don’t care. Actually, I don’t know his reason to meet me either.

            ”Nugu?” Jinhyuk Hyung asked me out of sudden.

            ”Someone I knew, Hyung,” I answered him.

            ”You look unhappy when you read those message.”

            ”Jinjja? Maybe, maybe I have a bad relation with that person,” I continued with low tone. Then I looked at the clear sky above us. The blue sky, why should the sky has the clear blue color when my heart covered with gray color?

===

Three days later, in Seoul…

            I walked slowly to my destination, the coffee shop where I met him, Park Shin Won last year. When I’m just five meters from the coffee shop, I can saw he already in there, sat at the same place he chose, like last year. On his table, I can saw two cups of coffee. He looked busy with something in his hand. I stopped for a while, then sighed, and finally I decided to continue walked to the coffee shop.

            ”You’ve waited for so long?” I asked him when I arrived, then took a seat beside him.

            ”Nope, just five minutes. Here, your coffee,” Shin Won said then offered one of the cups in front of him to me.

            ”Thanks. So, what you want to talk with me?” I asked after I sipped the Americano which is he offered to me.

            He sighed, remained silent for several seconds after I asking him. ”It’s about all of my misunderstanding, Keun Seok-ssi,” He said without seeing my eyes.

            I raised my eyebrows, ”What do you mean?”

            ”You must have known my relationship with your sister seven years ago, didn’t you?”

            ”Yeah, I knew it through her diary I gave to you. I also knew how your relationship ended.”

            ”I was wrong back then. She said those phrase “let’s break up” so suddenly to me without told me the reason behind her action. I want to ask her why, but I didn’t. I wait for her to tell me her reason, but I accept nothing. Time passed, days become week, weeks become month, months turn to be year. After three years I wait for her explanation, I gave up. I ended up conclude that she has gave up with our relationship, she’s no longer has a feeling to me. So, so I tried to forget all about her and built up hatred toward her,” He paused.

            I didn’t utter a single word, I just heard what he said. Then I sipped my Americano, wait for him to continue his story.

            ”Then, after three years I tried to forget all about me and her, you come. At first, Shin Hye introduced you as her friend, but I didn’t believe her thoroughly. When I know your name and looked at your face, I thought that you’re similar with someone I knew. Then I browsed all about you, included your family, and…”

            ”And you know that Jang Keun Hye is my sister,” I cut him. He looked a bit surprised then he nodded his head slowly. ”Then, what’s you’re thinking about me?”

            ”That… you aren’t different from your sister. In the end, you’ll left Shin Hye like Hye left me seven years ago,” He answered.

            Hye? So, he called my sister with those nickname? I thought.

            I sighed heard his answer, as I predicted when I knew the truth why he asked me to leave Shin Hye. Both of us remained silent, didn’t know what to say.

            ”After I read her diary and her letter, actually I didn’t know what I feel. Angry, regret, sad, and longing for her, merged in my heart. For this entire year, I learn my mistakes. There’s no mean if I said “I’m sorry” to Hye thousand times, it couldn’t bring her back alive. Then, the one who I hurt badly, I should ask for your forgiveness,” He continued then looked at me.

            ”Are you really think that someone who you hurt badly is me? Then how about Shin Hye, your sister? If I were you, I must ask her forgiveness first,” I said.

            He didn’t reply, just hung his head low.

            ”In the end, she is the one who felt terribly hurt because of your deed, Hyung,” I added.

            ”Will she forgive me?” He asked with low voice, like a whisper to my ears.

            ”Why not? She’s your sister, the two of you have become sibling for so long, she will forgive you.”

            ”Then, what about you? You… forgive me?” He asked again.

            ”Not yet. I will hear your forgiveness another time when I want to hear it. I must go to somewhere, someone has waited for me. See you… next time, Hyung,” with that I left him.

===

Even today I wander in my memory

I’m passing around on the end of this way

You’re still holding me tightly, even though I can’t see you anymore

I’m losing my way again,

I’m praying to the sky,

I want to see you and hold you more

===

            I walked aimlessly for several hours, then ended up sat at the certain bench near Han River. None has waited for me, actually. Yeah… I just made an excuse to Park Shin Won. The wind blew so strong yet so calm. For a year and half, I still can’t ease my mind and my heart from her. I always felt heavy whenever I tried to forget all about her. I sighed for the nth time, then gazed at the sky.

            ”The blue sky is beautiful, but why am I becoming so insignificant and shabby?” I mumbled to myself. I hung my head low and closed my eyes. I still love her, I wanted to tell her that. I long for her more than I’m sad. I worry throughout the day, the medicine of time has passed. What should I do? Should I ask her to be mine, again? I felt like dying just thinking I’m no longer see her face, her smile. I felt like be the dumbest person in the world just thinking I’m no longer hear her voice. What should I do? Time passed so fast, I wonder if she’s doing well. Suddenly my phone buzzed, telling me that I got a message

===

            From : Eommeoni

            Eodiseo, Sukkie? Let’s have lunch together, I have made your favorite food. Ppalli, before Joong-ie finished it all.

===

            Joong-ie? It’s mean that he is with my parents now? I got up from the bench, then decided to go home.

===

(Hye POV)

            This evening, the sky is so clear, no clouds which is would hide the moon and the stars. A year and half, yet I keep thinking about him. I miss him more than I hate him. Does he alright? What is he doing? Thoughts of him have switched my days and nights. I get dizzy and my head spins whenever I see him even for a moment in my mind, in my dream, in my imagination. This night is so quiet, my memories of him are so clear. Again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter