Revelation #2 Part 2

Extraordinary

He was even about to speak when Chorong did it first, “I guess we’re quits. We don’t want each other."

Luhan didn’t like the idea. He knew to himself that he does not want to lose a connection with her. He was quite stiffened for a while but he tried to look like nothing happened. “Fine, let’s say that what you want to happen is true. I really wanted to have a revenge on you, Rong,” he confirmed. Chorong glared at him, anger evident on her face. “Why are you so immature? I was just doing my job as the President!” she exclaimed. "Can't you just forget it?"

“Let me finish!”

“Fine. Immature!” she adressed him harshly.

“And you really want to be a religious figure at this point?” he asked then she looked away in embarassament.

“Then that shuts you up.”

The girl crossed her arms once more. Chorong’s not really sure why she’s with this guy. They both do not even want each other. “Why can’t we just do our own psychobiogra—“

“Shut up,” he said, looking at her with a serious face. Luhan ran his hand through his messy hair in frustration. “I hate you but I won’t let you go,” he firmly told her. Chorong was quite shocked with his words. “What do you mean, huh?”

“Let’s have a deal. If I win, you’ll be free from me and I lose, you’ll still see me,” he replied. Chorong, still crossing her arms titled her head, “what’s the sense of this deal?”

“I don’t know. I just want to have a reason…” he paused and Chorong anticipated for what he'll say next. “I want to have a reason why I have to keep on seeing you,” he said.

“We’re classmates on three subjects so what’s the problem with that? Just let me go now.”

“You don’t understand!”

“I won’t be able to understand anything, Luhan! Why do we have to see each other when do both hate each other as well? Isn’t it a dumb thing? We know now each other’s secrets, so why don’t we forget everything?”

“You’re right, we’ll forget everything,” he said, which made Chorong calm a bit for she thought that he’s already getting her point but not when he spoke again. “We’ll start but this time, we know everything already,” he said.

“What?” she reacted in disbelief.

“Let’s make a deal, if you get the higher average for this semester, I’ll transfer and if I win..”

“What?” she asked, leaning on the chair.

“You’ll never be Luhan-free,” he said with an arrogant voice.

“I’m losing my mind because of you,” she gritted in teeth in annoyance. Luhan flashed him a killer smile, “you know what, I don’t get why you and your bestfriend keeps on acting dumb. I thought this university is for smart people.”

“What did you say?” Chorong raised her voice once more. "You're making me want to strangle you!"

“Nothing. I said I’m handsome," he stared at her like he's trying to read what's in her eyes. Chorong tried it too but she was the once who first broke from the staring contest between them. She looked down and concentrated. She breathed deeply before she slammed her hands on the table, “fine. Deal! If that’s what will end this stupidity!"

Luhan smiled amused, "then good luck to the both of us," he said and stood up. Chorong did not remove her eyes off of him and before Luhan left, he looked at her in the eyes and told her, "but I'll make sure that I will win and even if you have won, I'll make sure too that you will not want me to leave anymore," he said. "You will not be a Sister."

Then he did something that Chorong did not expect. He bent and cupped her face with his left hand. And in a matter of five seconds, someone has already claimed her first kiss. She was dumbfounded after he ran away.

--------------

“Unnie,” Soojung called Sooyeon as she took a seat beside her, facing the pile of documents in her table. Soojung raised her eyebrows but still smiling to let her know that she has time for her. “Don’t you have anything to say or admit?” Soojung asked.

It may sound foolish but Soojung seemed to be assuming at some point, she’s still the one in the arranged marriage. Maybe Myungsoo was just shy to tell her the truth that's why he couldn’t even give the name of the girl to her. But seeing how Soojung was not surprised nor reactive, she lost hope. “Tch, I guess you don’t have anything to say,” she said, frowning and ready to leave.

“But I do have something to say!” Soojung’s face transformed by what her sister shouted at her. “What is it, unnie?”

“Unnie loves you so much!” Sooyeon pulled her close and kissed her cheeks. The younger girl nodded her head lazily and responded, “I know unnie, I love you too,” she kissed Sooyeon before patting her head. “I guess you need to do your office works now. You have a pile of files here,” she pointed the table in front of her. Sooyeon smiled a little and nodded her head, “you’re right.”

“Is it fun, unnie?” Soojung asked. Sooyeon tilted her head and smiled, “it is fun, Soojung. It is fun because I already love what I’m doing."

“You mean you don’t love it before?” Soojung innocently asked. Her sister hugged her tightly. “Yes. But you know what,” Sooyeon broke from the hug. “I have learned to love it because I love our family.”

“Then I’m proud of you, unnie, “ Soojung said.

“Me too, Soojung, I’m proud of you. Just remember that unnie loves you, okay?” she reminded her younger sister lovingly. “And always remember we always care for you. We want the best for you,” she said. “It’s getting late, you should sleep now, Soojung.”

“But I don’t have classes tomorrow and I’m not yet sleepy,” Sooyeon nodded her head. “Why don’t you just talk to Myungsoo?”

Soojung already saw this coming. She tried to look disgusted upon the thought, “tch,” she said and looked away. Sooyeon was puzzled by her sister’s response. “why are you giving me that face?”

“Ani. I guess I have to go now. Bye unnie,” Soojung stood up and left Sooyeon in her study table. She walked towards the door and exited.

Soojung’s mind wandered while walking on the aisle. “This house is too big that I don’t even know what to do,” she told herself in almost an inaudible voice. So she just walked straight to the swimming pool and decided to just sit there, wanting her feet to feel the coldness of the water. She went beside the two parallel metals onto which she uses whenever she needs to get up from the pool. She first removed her slippers and then sat there, looking at the water first then at the sky full of stars. Unconsciously, her fingers moved up in the air and pointed the stars, connecting them like there’s a line that will immediately show. Silence filled the surroundings and she loved the setting.

“Too busy, I guess?”

She froze upon hearing that voice who just spoke words referring to her. Soojung slowly stopped tracing and bit her lip. She missed him and she’s not even sure of what to do. She wanted to cry again – that’s what she’s sure of as of now. She looked to where the voice what coming from and she saw Myungsoo staring at her with a smile from his face, wearing a long black sleeve shirt and pants. He's leaning on the glass door, where she walked in to get in the pool. This time, Soojung was not conscious anymore whether she’s wearing simple shirt and short ensemble again.

“H-hi,” she stuttered upon being surprised. Myungsoo laughed and waved a hand. Then he slowly walked toward to where she is and sat beside her. He removed his slippers as well. “I’m glad I only wore slippers,” he said as he dipped his feet into the cold water too and stared at her. Soojung couldn’t even look back. “Wh-what brings you here, Myungsoo?”

“Why? Is it wrong to visit you?” he asked. Soojung hit him on his lap, “of course no. It’s just that I was surprised seeing you here at this late.”

“You didn’t miss me?” She shook her head and enjoyed looking at his annoyed face.

“Aish. I thought you miss me,” Soojung was amused because of what he said. “Who told you?” she asked him, still looking up and tracing stars again with her pointing finger. "Nah, I was just guessing," he admitted.

He then lifted his arms parallel to her's and positioned it in the same level as hers. Soojung, at that point, thought that he also wanted to trace the stars separately. But no, he helped her. Myungsoo linked his arms with hers and lead her to write his name in the nightsky. Soojung wasn't able to say anything, even after they spelled her name too. She really love feeling the warmth of the man beside her and she knows that she will never want to be away from him. Myungsoo brought their hands down as he spoke, "Do you see that big star over there?" Myungsoo pointed out the shining ball that overshone the others in the sky. Soojung nodded her head. "Yes."

"That's my star and since you saw it too, then that will be your star too. So, when you miss me, you can talk to that star," he explained confidently. Soojung flashed him a smile, "you really can't give up the idea that I did not miss you, huh?" she asked and he shook his head. "No, I will never give up on that."

"Your... fiancee might get jealous," she said with a pang on her heart. Myungsoo looked at her and saw disappointment in her eyes. He was trying to find the right words to say to make the pain lessen. He stared at her lovingly while she's still not looking at him. The Soojung beside him seemed to fragile. "No, she won't, Soojung. She won't."

"Okay then," she smiled a little to cover herself. "So why were you away for a week?"

"I have to go somewhere with hyung," he said as he played on the water with his feet. "Business matters, of course. I have to be involved somehow to those because someday, I'll be next to hyung," he explained. She nodded her head. "Then I guess I must really remember that star in the sky," Soojung looked up again. Myungsoo nodded and smiled, "you must, Soojung. There will still be lots of nights wherein you'll miss me," he added.

Her heart stopped beating for a second. She wanted to ask further what it meant but she stopped herself from doing so. Soojung was really getting confused. "Fine."

She wanted to say many things to him but she's afraid of the answers. She tried to have the courage to ask one. "Myung, are you sure that you have really seen her before?" she questioned him and he nodded his again, "yes. I'm very sure."

She looked down and hid her sadness. It's confirmed now, Soojung, you're really not the girl. Give up now, please. Please.

"I can clearly remember the first time we talked. I never knew that she will be that close to me year later," Myungsoo said and recalled what happened to his conversation with his noona and hyung earlier about right time. Soojung stayed still and did not dare to speak. She was just looking at her feet being surrounded by the blue water.

Flashback:

"Hyung, should I tell her already?" Myungsoo asked Kyuhyun. He, Kyuhyun and Seohyun were having a dinner together when that question popped up in his mind. Seohyun, since she's aware about girls' feelings, asked him, "do you think she already needs to know it already, Myung? Is she already prepared for such things?"

"I don't... Know, noona," the younger boy scratched her head. "We're just here to support you," Seohyun said. "But I believe you'll know it if the right time comes," she said. "I can't explain it to you clearly but there are just really things that you'll never understand unless you experience it by yourself," she hinted Myungsoo. "You'll know it when she's ready."

Kyuhyun then joined in the deep conversation while waiting for their food, "your noona is right. Thank her for the words of wisdom," then they all laughed. "But I know when is the right time to tell her." he said.

Myungsoo shifted his eyes to him, "when?"

"On her 18th birthday. The best setting, right, Seohyun?"

"That will be a great idea especially if she seems to like you too. When is her birthday?" Myungsoo fastly responded to Seohyun's question, "October 24," which wow-wed her. "This guy is really something," she said. "You're already a grown-up boy. I can't believe this," Seohyun said with a sentimental look on her eyes. Her boyfriend seemed to agree as well.

-- End of Flashback --

"In three months, Soojung. In three months," he mumbled. Good thing she did not hear him.

Done with his contemplation, he looked on his side and found a sleeping Soojung leaning her body on the metal beside her. Myungsoo stared at her for a while and admired how beautiful her face is. The truth is, he's getting frustrated. He can't be always beside and he's afraid that somebody has gotten closer to her and he might steal her away from him. But no one can do that. In the first place, I am the soon-to-husband, he thought.

"Soojung," he nudged her but she did not move. She must have fallen into a deep slumber and he didn't want to disturb her anymore. Myungsoo, finally, have then decided to scoop her from the ground she's sitting in and carry her to her room. 

 

-----

 

Hi guys. Hehehehehe. So yeah, enjoy the moments for now. Because sooner or later, the twist for MyungStal will come. After a long brainstorming, I have already formed it! Woohoo. :)) So, get ready. :D