Revelation #2 Part 1

Extraordinary

-- Flashback --

Luhan spent two years of his high school life in South Korea. and in that two years, he had learned that 'challenging women'  do exist and he found one in the school President Park Chorong.

The students were busy studying the library. And Luhan was also there, but no, he's not studying, he's busy flirting through his phone and he just wanted to stay in the library because of the air-conditioner. He never cared about how loud his ringtone was everytime there's a new text. And after an hour, a girl approached him after his almost like fiftieth text and snatched his phone.

"Mister, are you aware what this place is called?" Luhan creased his eyebrows for he doesn't like being questioned. "Aren't you blind? Library," Luhan said. The girl folded her arms, as if she doesn't like being questioned.

"Miss, can you give me back my phone now? If you're interested in me, we can talk about that. But for now, I need to reply," he said as he stood up and found that he's inches taller than the girl. He tried to snatch his phone even it took physical contact for them. If the girl was an ordinary one, she would have given up already because of his glittering eyes and his charms. but no, she did not for she was not ordinary. She seemed to be not affected by how his eyes work. She's not like the other girls who will immediately fall for his charms.

"No," she strongly said. Luhan then looked at his surroundings and wondered. There were many people in the library but why no one was hating nor reacting on her? Well, they were almost at the corner but she's quite making a scene. Some should have noticed her. The librarian was even looking at them like she's telling the girl that he should be really punished.

The girl then continued, "by the way, I'm the President of the Supreme Student Council, Park Chorong. I am going to keep your phone until tomorrow. This," Chorong raised his phone, "is just a warning. One more violation, Mr. whatever-your-name is and I'm going to tell the displinary about your behavior. Maybe, I can break your Iphone too," she threatened before going back to her table with his phone.

Luhan closed his eyes in frustration. He thought that Chorong was already finished. But after five steps, she looked back and told him something. "And no, I'm not interested in you. Just in case you're thinking about it," she said with a smile on her face. The boy was left speechless.

-- End of Flashback --

Luhan was walking down the stairs when he saw Chorong coming out of the room and talking to two girls whom he presumed as her classmates. He was actually thinking of texting her but it  looked like he doesn't need to do that anymore. He recalled everything that happened before and quite tested himself. He wondered if he likes being with her. Of course, at first, he wanted to play and show her that she will never scare him anymore. But the bad thing was he's quite getting afraid again... Afraid of losing reasons to see her. He had seen how nice she is, and she's very different from the other girls. She's really not affected by his presence. She hasn't even stuttered for more than fifty times unlike Bomi, his obvious admirer. And speaking of Bomi, he's with Chorong and Naeun when he saw her. They were busy talking. It seemed like Luhan do not want to continue what he's doing anymore. But no, he'll never tell this to Chorong, that he just wanted to have a revenge on her that's why he's trying to get close to her.

He called her. "Chorong!" he ran towards the girl and her classmates, making the two surprised. "What are you doing here, Luhan?"

"Let's go somewhere," he invited and held her arm. Chorong tried to let go, "no. I'm busy."

Luhan bit his lip and then looked to the girls with Chorong, "girls, can I borrow her from you? We have lots of things to do," he asked for permission, as if seeking attention from the two.

"A-ah, sure, Luhan," Naeun said and nudged Bomi. "Yeah, Chorong, we actually need to go. Bye!" Then the two walked away from them and went down the stairs. Chorong watched at the two sadly as they walked away, leaving her with Luhan. "What do you want?" she asked as she forcefully let go of her arm from his hold. "Why would I go out with you?"

Luhan scratched his head, "for the requirement?"

Chorong then shouted at her as she lost her patience, "what is this prank, Luhan?" He was surprised when she raised her voice, which was new to him. "You keep on giving me that excuse! We've been going out for about five times in almost a month already and to tell you the truth, I'm almost done with your psychobiography. Can we stop going out now? I'm sure what you have learned about me is already enough!" She said, shocking Luhan. But before he can even respond, Chorong ran away to which left him with no choice but to chase her. Too bad, Luhan is not that of a fast runner, mentioning the hindrance that there are many people waking around the school.

------------

She’s definitely busy, typing the things that she has learned about her partner. Looking intently at screen and seeing how the letters turn to words and how words turn to sentences and soon, paragraphs, Soojung watched everything that she’s encoding:

Byun Baekhyun is currently 18 years old and at the 6th of May next year, he will be turning a year older. Baekhyun likes happy colors like blue and black. Byun...

“What? Since when black became my favorite color?” The man who just arrived at their meeting place shouted as he saw Soojung typing things about him. “And black is not a happy color!" Soojung sighed for failing to notice it. “Fine," she stopped, "I’m sorry, okay?” she said, deleting it, "and green, you like green," she said to the boy sitting in front of her and raised both of her hands, like she’s surrendering. Baekhyun, while drinking a can of Milkis, a carbonated milk, smiled playfully and raised his right thumb, signaling that it’s not much of a problem to be considered and she's right.

Byun Baekhyun is a happy-go-lucky guy. He used to be playful but then, this guy admitted that he has learned to lesson when he met a girl named Kim Taeyeon. Myung...

She stopped again. The truth was she’s really spacing out. It’s been one week since she last saw Myungsoo and she wanted to hate the fact that she misses him. Inside of her, she wanted him to miss her too. Of course, he’ll miss you too. You’re his bestfriend, duh!

She did battled in her mind for multiple times whether she's calling him or not, but in the end, she ended up losing and not calling him. Black will always be Myungsoo’s favorite color, that’s why Soojung accidentally mentioned that word while finishing her document. “So, how’s my paper?” Soojung asked Baekhyun.

“It’s fine. Just make sure that I’ll be happy reading that work of yours!” Baekhyun told her and with that. Soojung has decided to just close her laptop and continue what she’s doing later. Now, she can see Baekhyun more clearly and she could talk to him better, “Of course, you’re lucky that I’m your partner," she proudly told him. Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, “and describe Taeyeon nicely or else, we’ll both chase you!” he warned. Suddenly, the big grin on his face disappeared and he raised his right pointer finger. as if experiencing a Eureka moment. “Aha, why wasn't I able to think of that?" he asked himself. Soojung was actually quite confused of what he’s doing. “You know what, Baek, you’re weird.”

“I know. I was just thinking…”

“About what?” the girl asked.

“You.”

“And what about me?” Soojung was quite getting impatient. Baekhyun continued his wondering, “lovelife. How’s your lovelife?” he asked, making Soojung a bit dumbfounded. She didn’t know what to say so she just looked up in the sky as if it’s going to answer her. Baekhyun was waiting for her answer. She only shrugged her shoulders, “I have none,” she confirmed. "No boyfriend since birth!"

“In your 17 years of existence? Are you joking me??”

“Hey, you! Don’t shout at me!” Soojung raised her voice. Baekhyun only did a V-hand pose to stop her from ranging. She almost stood up just to punch him in the face. “But I think I have a one-sided love right now,” she added with a shy face when she calmed. Baekhyun nodded and tried to encourage her, “why don’t you ask him?”

“Nah, I don’t want to. It’s not that easy, you know?” she said, giving Baekhyun a bigger interest on the topic. “Do you want to talk about it?”

“Not right now, I guess, Baek,” she answered. Baekhyun did not speak furthermore about it. He just chose to eat the Pringles in front of him. “You want?” he offered her. Soojung smiled widely and reached for the tall can.

“I heard you’re friends with a model,” Baekhyun added. “How did you know L?” Soojung’s face lightened up a bit on his question. “Why ask me that all of a sudden? Well, small world. Family matters. He went to the house and we met there. He was only supposed to visit my mother but it turned out that he’s supposed to be friends with me too...”

“...You know, Baek, he doesn’t like being called much by L when he’s with me. I don’t know,” Soojung smiled widely. "But he's not a snob. He is known by many people, yet, he remains humble. He's fun to be with and and knows many places. He likes to walk around too just like me. That is our bonding time," she stopped when she realized that the boy suddenly burst into laughter, “I knew it, Soojung!” Baekhyun said, "Soojung's heart is already taken!"

That forced Soojung to hit him with the can of Pringles. Baekhyun shouted in pain, “hey! Don’t be like an oppar! Myungsoo doesn’t like girls who are manlier than him!”

“I hate you!” she shouted.

“Aha, I’m sorry Captain but you’re already caught!” Soojung stopped and quietly went back to the chair. Baekhyun flashed her a playful smile. “I hate you, Baek,” she said again. Soojung realized that moment that maybe, the real guy bestfriend that she’s looking for is in Baekhyun. Myungsoo, even before she claimed him as her bestfriend, has already gone past there and he cannot go back anymore.

"I only asked you how you met him. I did not ask you about L... I mean, Myungsoo," Baekhyun highlighted the model's real name. “And you can trust me with this, Soojung,” the boy added. Soojung sighed once more before a familiar girl sat beside her without her permission. The girl looked at her left sde and saw an exhausted Chorong, who looked like she had just ran. “What happened to you?” Baekhyun asked while offering his Pringles. “I…”

“I ran because that stupid psycho wanted me to go with him again,” Chorong answered while calming herself down and drinking her bottle of water. She went to grab one piece of the snack that Baekhyun was offering. “For what?” Soojung wondered.

“I don’t know and I don’t care. He can’t give me a reason about the psychobiography requirement again!” she said.

“Maybe he likes you,” that words from Baekhyun shut her up. Chorong gave him a look, saying that she’s disgusted with the idea.

“Denial queen! You like him too!" Baekhyun said, relaxing comfortably on the chair, looking at the direction where Soojung was looking at a while ago. "The weather is so good today but the moods of the two girls with me are quite not good."

“I’m not a denial queen because in the first place, there's nothing to deny!” Chorong defended before a hand landed on her shoulder. Soojung’s face changed into an evil and a happy one, as if Chorong would love to see whom she’s seeing and so as Baekhyun. "I guess we need to go now. Right, Baek?”

“Yes, see you later, Rong!” the boy answered, understanding Soojung’s plan. Chorong stayed quiet for a moment and did not bother to look back because she clearly knew who what person was. It looks like she ran for nothing.

“Fine,” she surrendered as the two disappeared from her sight. A second later, the warmth from her shoulder disappeared and she heard the sound of the chair moving. Luhan sat beside her and touched her hand. The girl quickly reacted and moved her hands away from him. Chorong threw Luhan a sharp look, “what do you want? You know what, you’re overly-concerned with that freaking paper,” she said. “Luhan, I’m not dumb,” she said. “And it’s two o’clock in the afternoon already. I have to go somewhere. You’re cutting off my routine and you’re ruining my image,” she said.

“What image is that, Chorong?” Luhan said as he scrutinized her. “Your pure image or your religious image?” he asked straightforwardly.

“Both,” she said.

“What kind of reason will you take so that you can go out with me?” he asked. Chorong confidently answered her question. “None. Luhan, if you want, I can just give you my personal details or I can even describe myself to you. Just don’t… Go out with me,” she said.

“And why would I do that?” he said, not agreeing with the idea. “You’re afraid to fall for me?”

“What are---“

“And when you fall for me, you’re going to hesitate being a Sister?” he asked, highlighting the word sister. Chorong’s mouth was left hanging about what she heard. She never told anyone in her school about it, not even to Soojung. “How---?”

“Do you think I would not know that?” Luhan asked and touched her hand on the table. Chorong quickly removed his hand from hers. “I’m not interested in you, Mister.”

"But I feel the opposite way," he said. Chorong just stared at him. “I followed you when you told me that you have to go. You always go before three o’clock so I followed you. Then you went in a church. And you even talked to a nun. I’m just good at connecting things together, Rong. And you seem distant to me. So, you’re avoiding me because of afraid to fall in love with me?” he asked.

Chorong did not answer. Instead, she shifted the topic. “Why are you so kind to me?” she asked, not shouting at him. Luhan was saddened by the girl’s question. “You haven’t even answered me, Rong.”

“We did not have a good past but why are you kind to me?” she asked. Luhan was a bit flustered. “You know what, Luhan, I was really looking for a sign but I guess I already found one,” she said calmly. Luhan became quite guilty by what he’s hearing. “I’m already not qualified to be a certified religious figure because you keep on reminding me that sometimes, I need to be angry.”

“I remember you already. You’re the guy who owned the Iphone, right? Judging you by the looks, I know you want to have a revenge on me. I’m sorry Mister but, your plan been revealed already." This time, Luhan swallowed and he began sweating. He suddenly realized that he lost in his own game. He has already lost to who is like him, someone who's always doing what it takes to win.

 

-----

 

Not so edited again. Sorry. :)) But thanks to my subscribers! As you can see, this is only the part 1 of Revelation #2. :)) I'll post it later or tomorrow.