The Truth

Extraordinary

Song inspiration for this chapter: Ariana Grande - My Everything

"What do you feel, right now? Tomorrow is the release of our grades! I heard the system will be faster, I mean, the grades should be all given before the week ends. Well, of course, online. The classcards will just follow and to be updated by the professers," Baekhyun excited told Chorong on the other line. Chorong kept quiet for a moment, and that bothered Baekhyun. "Hey, why are you not speaking? I thought this is what you're waiting for?"

"Yeah, I know. I should be happy when I win, right?" she said. Baekhyun only responded with a silent laughter to which she did not see.

---------------------------------------

(A/N: Sorry for this part, I will be using the common grading system for the college students in our country, wherein 1.00 is the highest, 3.00 is the wall between passing and failing and 5.00 is the failing grade)

Chorong and Luhan did not talk for days. There are times when Chorong wanted to call but ended up not doing so because of her pride. She wondered why. Was it because he's guilty, or what? The last time they talked was the night after all the examinations, wherein they just talked about the deal. At that night, she realized that her anger was beginning to subside, and it's now just half of her heart who wants him away.

And today, she's nervous upon opening the portal of the website wherein she'll know all of their grades. She heard from her classmates that their grades were now complete. Her hands were shaking and she wanted to know who's the winner, really. Just before she typed in her e-mail and password, she felt a vibration on her side. She's lying on her bed, tummy facing the soft surface of bed. She reached her phone and saw that Luhan sent her a text. She immediately opened it and saw his text that gave her a very big pressure. 

From: Xi Luhan

1.10. Good luck to you! :)

"Why is his GWA so high? Can I even beat this?" she shouted as soon as she read his text. But then, she proceeded opening her account to check her grades and know her GWA. "One, two, three, four, five," she counted before removing her hands covering the screen. She's quite scared to know the results. And after almost a minute, she finally gained the courage to face and truth below her grades which said...

GWA: 1.25

The truth that she lost.

She should be sad, right? She stared at the result and felt the hurt because he has a higher GWA. But only due to that fact. Not due to the fact that she lost in the deal. At some point, she's sad because her pride was hurt but come to think of it, it meant that he's not going to leave, right? But she remembered his words, he said he's fixing things. And he seemed to be missing-in-action these fast fews days. "Don't overthink, Rong," she just told herself.

Half-heartedly, she replied to him.

To: Xi Luhan

1.25. Congratulations, you won.

She threw her phone to the bed after typing the message. Later on, she received a message from him.

From: Xi Luhan

I won! Let's celebrate. Let's meet at the N Seoul Tower tomorrow, 5:00 in the afternoon.

After reading his text, Chorong did not hesitate to call him and Luhan answered within a matter of five seconds, "yes?"

"Are you really trying to insult me? I lost then I'll celebrate with you?" she said and Luhan just chuckled, "then just forget we had a deal," he said with a tone of amusement. Chorong couldn't believe what she has just heard, "what? Are you joking me? All of these craps began because of this one stupid deal between you and me. Oh wait, no, because of your deal with Seohyun unnie, right? You think I don't know?" she said. Luhan just then asnwered, "I know you know it already."

"And you keep acting cool?"

"Let's talk about it tomorrow. Just come, okay? 5:00, Seoul Tower. I'll be expecting you!" he said.

"And if I don't come, what will you do?" she asked arrogantly. She's expecting him to not value her presence, anyway. But it changed when he answered her, "I'll be waiting for you until you come. I won't leave without a trace of you, Chorong. Try me."

-----------------------

The next day, Chorong was bothered even upon opening her eyes. Not because of she's not sure what to wear but because of him and his words. She's confused. Should she come? She looked on the left side of her bed, only to find a tray full of food there. Her eyes sparkled upon seeing her favorite milk. There's also wheat bread, eggs and bacon. She wondered from whom it was until she saw a note on the cup. Of course, it's from Seohyun. How could she forget? She has the keys of her room. She can actually open her room every time she ignores her knocks but she respects her privacy that's why she's not doing it. As her note says,

To my dearest sister,

I know you won't talk to me yet but I made this for you. I'll be leaving today and I'll be coming back next week Saturday. I hope you'll forgive me soon.

PS: I still love you even though you're angry at me. And I know what's bothering you. You should go. Trust me eventhough you're angry at me. You may regret not going. I love you so much.

- Unnie

Chorong breathed deeply upon seeing the note. Her unnie has been always this sweet. Whenever they have a misunderstanding, the one who's at fault does this – surprises and all. She was actually only 50% decided but with her sister's note, the percentage doubled. She stood up and washed her face. She's hungry. She just wanted to eat peacefully. And having a breakfast in bed is actually not a bad idea at all. "She really knows me," she mentally told herself as she walked towards the room. However, her feet lead her to the window. The sun was shining bright and she should not waste the day. Then she went to the place she should go to.

---------------

Kyuhyun was drinking his morning coffee while reading the newspaper when a movement of a chair disturbed the silence on the house. He moved the reading material down and saw Luhan who has just arrived at the dining room. The older male looked at his cousin who was looking down but upon meeting his gaze, he forced a smile.

"Hyung," Luhan called him normally. But Kyuhyun was obviously up to something and it's making the younger male bothered. "W-why are you looking at me like that?"

Kyuhyun lowered the newspaper and settled it on the table then stared at him for a matter of five seconds, joined hands under his chin. "Care to tell me something about your urgent decision? Before you arrived here, you were so decided that you're going to finish your college here. It's been less that six months and you're going to..."

"I know, hyung. I'm so sorry I cannot keep my word on finishing my studies here. I just cannot stand seeing her sad because of me. She doesn't want me here and if she doesn't want me here, then I better go. Besides, she already knew about..." he suddenly recovered from his loud mouth. He remembered that his deal with Seohyun should not be told to Kyuhyun. You and your loud mouth, Luhan.

"Your deal with Seohyun. I know. Stop acting like a girl who got caught," he said straightly. He then took a sip on his coffee, like nothing happened.

Luhan released a big amount of air with mouth and moved his head side to side, as if he's being his load was lightened up. "B-but how did you know? I mean... You're not angry with her? The hell, hyung. Did you two even had a fight? I mean, you don't see each other as much as others do. You can't do what other couples do because she's a flight stewardess and you're a rich heir who's so... Workaholic, b-but don't get wrong hyung," Luhan said nervously while facing Kyuhyun's sharp look, watching every word he drops. "I-I admire your relationship. I like seeing you and noona's relationship. It's just I don't understand how did you two become like that. I-I've never been into a serious relationship like yours. Sometimes, it's frustrating, you know? Why don't you put me in an arranged marriage too? Aish, I'm going crazy," then Luhan scratched his head after realizing the things he had said.

The older male chuckled at his younger cousin's drama, which made the latter more frustrated. "Why are you laughing at me?" he shouted.

Kyuhyun just shrugged, "nothing. Do you know the answer to your question?" he asked and Luhan just kepr quiet, "simply because you haven't found the one you'll never give up on. Or shall we say, you haven't been in a relationship with the one you'll never give up on. I believe you have found her... However, you're choosing to give up on her."

Luhan kept silent for a moment, anticipating more words from him. "I have met Seohyun years ago. I could have fallen for Sooyeon too, right? But no, it's just because I know she's already the one for me. Me and Sooyeon have been into an arranged marriage but we disagreed on it and we fought for it hardly, that's because and Sooyeon know the truth that we won't love each other. And I know that I can only love one person, and that's Seohyun. And now, you're asking me why I did not get angry on her? Simply because of three reasons. One, because I'm an older sibling too and I can understand her. Two, I love her and you know that very well. Three, you agreed with the plan and you're not a kid anymore so she's not a manipulator at all, in your case. You know what, Luhan, in a relationship, you need to understand your partner and you should never give up on that person when you really don't want to lose her. In my case, I would never want to lose her."

"She called me at four o'clock in the morning, crying. Then she told me everything. You know what, I'm so tired at work that time but I was awakened by her cries. I can't stand that. However, I know that she'll fix it with Chorong soon. So you, you better do something about your problem with Chorong."

"I-I'm at a loss for words, hyung. I-I... Let's change topic!" Luhan blurted out before he shifted to another one, "how's Myungsoo, hyung?"

The older male raised his eyebrows in intrigue. He has been away for two days and he hasn't seen his brother, actually since he went home. Myungsoo has been silent and out-of-focus for several days, he have observed that. "He's still not on his usual self?" he asked and the younger male jsut nodded. "You better ask him, hyung. Maybe you're the best person to talk to, out of all of us," he said.

Kyuhyun nodded his head, understand Luhan's point. "I guess so. Later, Luhan."

------------

Chorong doesn't know why she brought a DSLR camera with her. She walked slowly to where they should meet. She went out of the house for about an hour earlier and now, almost fifty minutes had passed. Luhan should be there by now. Her feet, they're dragging her faster eventhough her mind kept on saying to slow it down. "I think I'm going crazy," she said to herself, taking a deep breath. As she sat her feet on the front of the N Seoul Tower, she took one more deep breath to relax. "You can do this, Rong."

She was about to step ahead when someone tapped her covered shoulder and without hesitating, she has already known who that person is. As usual, he's plastering that smile on his face. That genuine smile that she loves seeing eventhough she won't admit it.

"I thought I'm going to wait for hours," he said, smiling ear-to-ear, as if there's no tomorrow. Chorong wanted to smile and approach him just like how she approaches the closest people to her heart but her ego's overpowring her system. She couldn't act naturally. She's just there, frozen, watching him move and talk to her. She couldn't understand what he's saying, though. She was just surprised when Luhan intertwined his hands with hers. It made her sense wake up and she couldn't do anything but to just try on resisting.

"Luhan, let me go!" she said as the male lead the way, his back facing hers. But on a second, he turned his body to face her again and shook his head to tell her his response to her angry commandment. He squeezed their intertwined hands one more time before he spoke to her, "no."

"Why are you doing this?"

Chorong thought he would let go after asking that because he looked frustrated with her question. Luhan's actually tired on her actions sometimes but he's quite liking how she reacts whenever he's there. However, she's wrong, though, on her ideas about him at that moment. He just stared at the black bag hanging on her body and said, "you look prepared." Chorong looked away for her cheeks turned red. Only him can do that to her, effortlessly. "I... I... I have a project! I need to take pictures!" she defended herself as one more time she tried to let go but no, she failed as he strengthened it once more. "Let me go, you cheater!"

"How did I become I cheater? And the sem is over so don't make such alibi," he asked innocently. Chorong realized that she used the wrong words to answer. She just wanted to facepalm herself for her dumb answer. "A-advanced project! Right, advanced project!" she only looked down, embarassed, not wanting to make the conversation go longer anymore. He only laughed a little before dragging her once more to only he knows where.

---------------

The sun had fully went down and in return, the beauty of the night sky had already paved its way to the eyes of everyone. The night sky was extremely beautiful and Chorong was staring down at her camera. She wanted to bring her DSLR at that moment but her hands are shaking. The sky looked really pretty but her fear of heights... It's overpowering her. She checked her peripheral vision and saw Luhan, amazed and he was just looking at his left side as well, appreaciating the view in front of them. The widening gap between their hands was lessened again when he intertwined their fingers again, tighter.

It made her feel secured, in a way. But she's still afraid. Oh, was it mentioned where they first went? Luhan dragged her to the cable car and now, they're having their turn. The cable car reminded her of Gu Jun Pyo and Geum Jan Di but what's happening is not just a simple drama for her to think of pure positive thoughts. What's happening is a mixed strong points of her mind and her heart. Chorong looked down and finally, Luhan noticed it. He nudged her lightly.

"Hey, don't you like the view?" he said, raising their intertwined hands a bit, landing it on his lap. Chorong stared at him for a while but soon enough, she realized she couldn't do it, she looked down before answering him. "I'm afraid of heights," she admitted and closed her eyes, as if she's expecting for his laughter. He actually did a laugh, but not as severe she's expecting. He had always been a bully to her in her eyes, anyway.

She opened her eyes again, "you-you're not laughing?"

He looked at her sincerely. Right at that moment, she just wanted to let go of her pride and hug him, but she's afraid of feeling the motion in front of her, it's making her dizzy. She just wanted to get out of the cable car at that moment. "Luhan, I'm really scared here. Can we just go out. What if this cable car fails to work and then we get on an accident... I..."

"Sssshhhh," he said as he let go of their hands to hold her moving chin. He then offered his hand again in front of her, "just hold my hand and appreciate the view. If you fall, then don't be afraid, because you're with me, I'll fall with you" he said, chuckling, "but of course, we won't be harmed, trust me, okay?" and she just nodded, without knowing why. She just did, because she's trusting him so much. Tonight, she'll let him lead her. Even just for tonight.

He then began to point out locations to her and she'll just tighten her hold on him when she's feeling afraid. She likes the feeling, anyway. Soon enough, when she realized the cable car trip is almost over, she let go of his hand to open the black bag hanging on her heavily, revealing an expensive camera which she quickly opened. She took the first shot on the constellation that she saw. The second photo was on the city lights. The third one was her secret shot, for the third one was Luhan's stolen shot. She felt at that moment that she's going to treasure that night forever.

He never noticed she had managed to stole his innocence twice anyway. He was busy smiling and telling stories to her.

As they went out of the cable car, Chorong couldn't stop herself, she's not a person who's into a public display of affection nor even aegyo, but she couldn't help it, she just hugged him as she whispered to him, "thank you, thank you for being with me while facing my fear of heights."

"I know you're afraid of heights," he said as he let go of the hug that he tightened. "I just want to help you face your fear." She was then speechless. He's really tricky sometimes.

He then lead her again to somewhere. "So, where are we going?" Chorong said. She glanced at her wrist watch and saw that it has already been two hours since they've been together. Time flies so fast. She felt like she's ready to go home past midnight so that she'll be with him longer.

"To the part you've been mostly waiting for," he said. Chorong could't remember what he's talking about. She just kept quiet until they reached his car. "So, somewhere far?" she asked as he went inside. She stopped breathing for a second when he leaned closer to put her seatbelt on. She noticed as well that he's kind of getting not so talkative, just like his usual self. "Luhan, is everything alright?"

He turned to look at her before starting the engine. He stared at her with much happiness in his eyes again and did an eye smile before answering her, "yeah, just wait and see, okay?" she just nodded like a little girl.

 

-------------

 

A/N: Hi! It's been a while since I've posted the last chapter . But as promised, I'll finish this no matter what. So yeah, till next chapter. :) Sorry for the typos and other errors. :( By the way, thanks for the support, guys. I appreciate them all. <3 God Bless us all. Hehe.