Complications

Extraordinary

Chorong was observing the people as they worked far away from her. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining through but she's protected by the loving shade of the tree. She was also having a good time with her earphones on when the song next played was the one she was not wanting to hear. Well, it's a good song but the lyrics... It's affecting her. Chorong chose to click the next button without knowing why. Maybe it's reminding her of someone? But she didn't know why too when she went back and listened to the song again.

Song Inspiration: I'd Lie – Taylor Swift

I don’t think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night
And I count the colors in his eyes
He’ll never fall in love he swears
As he runs his fingers through his hair
I’m laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong
And I don't think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
But I know all his favorite songs
And...

[Chorus:]
I could tell you his favorite color's green
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful, he has his father’s eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I’d lie

She hated the idea but why? Why was he entering her mind again? She peacefully closed her eyes and calmed herself. No, Rong. No. This is wrong.

It's been days since her mnd and heart started to battle. She tried her best to prioritize and just study. That tactic of hers in dealing with problems, for the first time, did not work. A problem like this was really hard to solve and forget. She kept on thinking about him and her... And how complicated they are.

This is wrong...

 

 

But Soojung and Baek said that it's okay.

Even Junmyeon...

Yes, Junmyeon. She recalled the moment when he visited her in her house. She remembered her feelings when she saw him again. The feeling was surreal in a way that she did not expect to not feeling anything special for him anymore. She felt like she missed a friend and she's glad to see him again. Even Seohyun said that it may be a good sign for her. Her sister really want her to have a normal life and be married. Chorong found nothing wrong with her sister quite interfering with her decisions, she just wish though that she won't do anything overboard.

Flashback:

She hugged him tightly when she saw him. She missed him so much. However, the feeling was not like before. Even she was surprised. "Woah, Rong. Easy!"

"I missed you Junmyeon!" He broke from the hug and patted her head lightly. That's his favorite habit on showing his care for her. She stared into his innocent eyes and waited for him to say something. "Le-let's just sit down," she invited him, just to break the awkward silence.

"So, how are you, Rong?" He asked. She just smiled bitterly. Junmyeon knew by then what that smile meant. "No, don't tell me you're still..."

"Is it wrong if I'll not continue?"

He breathed deeply with her question. He knew that their convensation will go straigthty to that topic. "Whether you'll be like me or not, there's nothing wrong. No one is required to be like me or even Sister Anne or any nun that you have talked to. No one forced you to do this. You only did that to yourself because of me, right?" She nodded softly on his revealing question. She's quite embarassed for admitting it too in front of him. "And you know what, Rong? He'll be more proud of you if you'll not continue."

"H-how is that possible?" She stuttered. How can He be more proud of me in this case?

Jumyeon held her hand that was freezing. "Because you chose to not lie to him and just tell Him that you are already liking someone."

"H-how..."

"You'll not be like this if you're not interested on anyone, right?"

She just nodded. She felt like thorns have been taken ot from her heart. Afterall, maybe what she only needed was to really see him, to tell her that there's nothing wrong to love someone... To love someone like Xi Luhan.

-- End of Flashback --

She was stopped in her thoughts when her earphones got removed and she felt someone sat beside her. She still closed her eyes, knowing who the invader was. There's only one suspect, anyway. She opened her eyes and saw him removed the cord completely from her phone. She wanted to protest but she's too tired. But she managed to speak first. "So, in a few days, the results for our deal will be out."

Luhan, without looking at her nodded his head and concentrated on her phone. "Yeah, nervous?"

"Nope," she confidently said. "I know I'll will, anyway," she said, trying to hide her fright. Though at the back of her mind, she doesn't want anything about them to end. It has to... Because she doesn't like the feeling.

She shifted her eyes to him and asked, "hey! Aren't you done? Give that back to me," she tried to reach for her phone but Luhan did not give it. "I'm looking for a song," he told her. Chorong gave him a look and just shrugged. "And I think you don't have it in your phone. But search for it. Do you know Enrique Iglesias's Escape?" he asked. Chorong shook her head.

His face suddently expressed sadness. "Whatever, search for that. That's my song for you, anyway. The last part of the chorus is my favorite part," he said confidently while looking at her.

"Whatever, I don't know what kind of song is that. Escape from what? Escape from hell?" Luhan was quite shocked with her answer. "Hell? I don't think so!"

"Whatever, Luhan. Whatever."

 

------- One month later, just before the end of semester ------

 

"Hello, Soojung?" Baekhyun spoke near Chorong as they walked together towards their room. He was holding his phone and Chorong immediately turned to him. She mouthed 'hey! Let me speak to her' but the male only gave her an unbeatable glare. She was left defeated by Byun Baekhyun.

"H-hello?" Soojung said, seemed to be not feeling well. Chorong was quite worried with her best friend's tone. "Hey, Baekhyun, why don't you just turn the speaker on, huh?" Chorong asked. Without words, Baekhyun did what she said and it was helpful. In that way, they can have a good conversation with the girl on the other line. "Soojung, can you hear me?" Chorong asked, testing the effectiveness of their step.

"Y-yeah," Soojung said, stuttering.

"Why are you not yet here? You'll be getting late for our first class!" Chorong reminded her while the girl on the other line coughed, "I-I don't think I can go to school today. I don't feel well. Ugh, Kinda having morning sickness, I don't know," she said on the other line.

"Then don't you just tell that to your sister, mother, father or Myungsoo?" Chorong asked. Soojung coughed once again, causing Baekhyun to react. "She's right, Soojung. We're becoming worried. You seemed different nowadays," Baekhyun said. "Get well soon, okay?"

"Thank you so much friends. Ugh, I think I need to pee. Study hard, arraseo? I promise, I'll end this semester well. Please update me?" Soojung said, seemed hurrying. Chorong nodded, "of course. We'll hang up now," she said before ending the call. Soojung needed to rest.

Just after she ended the call, Baekhyun nudged her, making her look at him. Baekhyun's eyes, this time, were quite intriguing and meaningful. "What?" she asked. "You know what, I'm quite suspecting her."

"Who?"

"Soojung."

"Of what? Baekhyun, I don't like what you're thinking!" Chorong said, becoming worried of his thoughts. Is Soojung sick or what?

"Let's see. Text her we'll come over later. If she requests a specific food, then it's confirmed," he said. Chorong didn't understand him at first but after getting it, she found the thought quite ridiculous. "Baek, are you saying that she's..."

"Yes," he said after taking a deep breath. Eventhough he didn't want to say it, he had to choice but to do it and say what he's thinking. Chorong wished that he's just joking. She's just waiting for the punchline but he did not say one. "Baek..."

"Just do what I said, Rong. We need to confirm it," he said and Chorong followed his instructions. She was getting quite nervous with her conversation with Baekhyun.

The class ended without a reply from Soojung. However, she needed to separate from Baekhyun because she needed to go to the library to study. Before they separated, Baekhyun told her to update him. She nervously walked away from him.

--------------------

"Let's go out!" Luhan pulled her hair softly but she's strong enough, not letting him stop her. She just glared at him and tried her best to be not disturbed by him. "We're in the library, Luhan. And I have a deal to win, so... No," she said as she went back to her books. However, that did not stop him. He closed her books and put it inside her bag. Chorong was surprised. As much as she wanted to shout at him for disturbing her, she can't for they're inside a 'sacred' place.

After he had finished putting her things inside her bag, he dragged her our of the library. Chorong did not fight back. However, her cold eyes did it for her.

Why does his presence give her warmth? Why does his hands pulling her right at that moment feel comfortable? Why does this moment feel surreal?

Those are just three of the million questions running through her mind. She's frustrated that she can't answer them all.

As they got out of the library, her senses her shook up. She harshly removed her hands from his hold, which made him look back. "Hey!"

"Why do you want, Luhan?"

"Until when are you going to doubt me, Chorong?"

"Just tell me straightly why the hell are you playing games with me?"

Luhan's eyes widened in surprise, with manly ego affecred. "huh, so, you really think that way?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Are you really that excited to get me out of your life?" he asked, looking into her eyes. He's hurt, Chorong knew it by the way he looked at her but she wanted to fight more. She found her actions very stubborn but... She kept on thinking she couldn't love him. She's very afraid.

"Wha---"

He did not let her finish. Luhan's emotions were starting to overpower him. "Do you really want to not see me anymore? Do you really want me out of your life?" he asked directly.

And those questions were enought to shut her up.

She was not really sure of what to say. She's definitely lying if she'll say yes. Will it be a lie too if I say no? Luhan stared at her, waiting for her answer when she looked down. She's clueless why she's fighting back the feeling. she's clueless why she's not letting her guard down.

"Rong, it's not bad to admit just for once that you want me to be a part of your life. It's not a sin to let get into your heart," he said before he walked out from her sight with a disappointment from her face, leaving her with a feeling of wanting to break down. But she knew, she couldn't.

There, she was left dumbfounded. Her feelings, her deal, her best friend that she has been thinking for million of seconds. And there she remembered her phone and nervously reached for it. Her heart is important but her friends need her too. And they are more important to her at that moment.

The yellow light gave life to the black screen, signalling a message received. Chorong swallowed hard before opening the message. She was left dumbfounded when she have read her best friend's reply. Finally, she was very much triggered when a tear escaped from her eye upon realizing that even in this simple deal, she was not on the right side. She then immediately called Baekhyun, not minding whether he's on a practice or not. He just needed to know what's happening too. Just after he answered and said that he's coming over, she went back to stare and read Soojung's unbelievable meesage again which said:

From: Soojung

Please do! And please bring me strawberries and apples too! Hihi. Thanks.

 

--------

 

A/N: Hi guys hihi sorry for the typos huhu I'm so sleepy. I'll edit it later, Anyway, I would like to tell you all that this will be the start of... Struggles hehe but stay strong =)))))))))))) God Bless us.