Chorong

Extraordinary

Three o'clock in the afternoon. That's the time when a girl with bangs go somewhere silent and pray. Most the time, that place is the church or maybe, a chapel. Sometimes, it's her room. Every three o'clock in the afternoon, she kneels down and say prayers while holding and finishing every bead of the object that signifies holiness, the rosary.

It has been six months since she started doing this. Way, way back, she never thought that she could be this religious. The only thing visible to her is she loves serving Him. She just suddenly felt like He needs her. She just suddenly felt that she has a different mission is life.

Two and a half years ago, she fell inlove. She fell hard for a guy named Junmyeon, an altar server. When she had the courage to tell him that, things got complicated. Eventhough he felt the same way for her, Chorong insisted him to backfire on his plan. She wanted him to stop on pursuing his dream that he has already built before they met each other. But he was strong. He still wanted to continue.

She asked him to rate his persistence on a scale of one to ten and he said it's seven. She held onto that possibility that the three points could still change anything. He told her that he had plans on going to Vatican and maybe that would help him realize what he really wanted. She let him and eventhough it's hard, she let him choose his happiness.

When Junmyeon came back, he told her that he has already made his decision. He's going to the seminary after he finished what he needs to finish. She was left that day in the playground, crying. 

Chorong was left alone. For a one-sided love, she fought alone. It's hard for her but she needed to move on from the tragedy. Hers and Junmyeon's was never a love story. It was only a story of love that ended without even offically starting.

"Amen," she uttered the last word and did the sign of the cross. She prayed furthermore for her personal wishes. She took advantage of the silence around her and told Him everything, starting from the things that she's thankful for, sorry for, worries a lot for and more. She prayed for everyone around her. She was not like this way, years back then. She was even a strict president in high school. She's sure that some of her schoolmates despised her but she was only doing her responsibility and job.

She got up from her kneeling and sat down. She stared at the altar and saw religious images that she would love seeing forever. She has already moved on from Junmyeon and she he has already accepted the truth.

But the surprising this is, what happened that she's slowly choosing to follow his steps?

She sighed once more and closed her eyes. She doesn't want to leave on the chapel yet. She loves the silence that it brings to her.

She then hears footsteps intruding the silence and looked who owned those. She smiled as she looked back. In front of her eyes was an important girl in her life. "Sister Mary," she addressed her. The woman covered in a dark-colored cloth sat beside her and smiled. "How are you, Chorong?"

Upon being with her, she felt silence and comfort. When Chorong was not yet like this, she has already loved staying in the church for no reason. Because of this habit, she met the woman beside her at the moment.

The younger girl smiled, "I'm okay, Sister."

"Still thinking of the same thing?" The nun asked to which Chorong nodded her head. "Yes. But...," the younger girl shrugged because she didn't have anything more to express. "...I'm not yet sure. I can change my mind if God will give me a sign," she added. Sister Mary only gave her a light pat on her head as she looked at the confused and sad Chorong. "You will be fine my dear. Whatever your decision will be, He will always love you for who you are. Remember that," she said as she comforted Chorong, who rested her head on the nun's right shoulder. The former nodded her head.

"I'm leaving it to Him," Chorong said as she exhaled deeply.

-----

F i r s t  D a y  o f  S c h o o l

Luhan excitedly walked down the black vehicle that he's in and wore his shades. He kind of stole attention from people because of the car and his aura but he chose to just smile and look at the other people in the car. "Bye hyung. Bye Myungsoo!" he said as he waved his hands to the two and closed the door in front of him. He started walking inside his building and went inside his classroom. He was actually looking forward on the possibility that he'll be seeing her that girl whom he hates so much. He kept on looking everything. He never forgot her face. She's pretty, he knows that. But their personalities don't match.

They both want to be on top and they don't like losing in a fight – that's what he knows about the two of them.

He sat down as on the chair immediately as he reached his designated room and waited for the professor. Some of his classmates are already there and he immediately try befriended them. The school that he got in doesn't have a block system, meaning he'll be getting along with different types of people. They don't even have a uniform. Luhan noticed that the two chairs on his left were vacant. And as the professor started, he erased his thoughts of Chorong or whatever. He wanted to concentrate on his class.

The professor arrived and so as the formalities began. Mrs. Park, the professor for General Psychology subject, started introducing herself and after that, she started checking the attendance. All throughout, Luhan was just cool while listening, fiddling his fingers on the arm rest. Some girls were looking at him, he's aware of that. He never cared, anyway.

"Jung Soojung,"

A smile curved on his lips. I'm sorry Myungsoo but I'm the first one to see your fiancee for this semester, he said to himself. However, the Jung Soojung hasn't arrived. He just continued listening at the names and looking on the people who responded to those names.

"Park Boram."

"Present," the girl on the front row responded.

"Park Chorong," the professor announced. He stopped fiddling his fingers and looked for the Park Chorong being called. He was quite surprised. After for about five seconds, there were two girls who ran towards the door with exhaustion evident on their faces. "Ma'am, we're sorry for being late," the taller girl said.

"And you are?" The professor asked.

"Jung Soojung, Ma'am," she confirmed. The professor shifted her eyes to the girl beside Soojung, "Park Chorong. We're sorry, Ma'am." The two bowed their heads. Luhan shifted his eyes to the two. They're friends. What a small world.

"It's okay. I'll be forgiving the two of you on the first day. If on the next meeting, the scenario will still be likes this, then you know that consequences will immediately follow," the two nodded their heads, embarassed.

"You can now take your seats," Mrs. Park instructed. The two followed her words. Chorong took a seat beside Luhan and Soojung took the seat next to Chorong. Luhan stared at the girl who just sat beside him and did not further listen to the professor. Chorong noticed his gaze and smiled a little to him. She then turned to look at Soojung who's already focusing on the professor as she checked the attendance.

"Xi Luhan," the professor announced. He was busy looking at Chorong that he did not hear his name. The student on his other side was nudging him. "Luhan," Jongdae called.

"Xi Luhan," Mrs. Kim called once more. With that, he finally came back to his senses. "Y-yes, Ma'am! Present." He went back to facing at the front and just listened to the professor until she's done. Chen laughed at him a little and Luhan just glared playfully at him. He was just really surprised. The world seemed to agree on his plan. His semester was already starting out beautifully.

"So, for this subject, the final requirement will be passing a psychobiography," Mrs. Park announced. "But there's a twist," she added. The students kept quiet, waiting for her twist.

"You should do a psychobiography of your classmate," Chorong looked at Soojung and gave her a signal that they should be partners. Soojung nodded her head. "But it should be someone on the opposite as yours," the two looked at each other again, forming a frown. Soojung then immediately turned to look at the guy in front of her and Chorong looked at the people around her as well.

Luhan witnessed on his peripheral vision the two's interaction. "You can't escape from me, Chorong," he said to himself. When he saw that Soojung approached Baekhyun, the guy in front of her, he started talking to Chorong too.

"Hi," he approached her. Chorong looked at him and stared at his face like she knows who he is, "hi," she said.

Luhan did not see any sign that she's attracted to him. Whatever, I'll still make you fall for me then leave you, he thought. He flashed her a smile, "Maybe we can be partners for this activity," he said straightforwardly. Chorong did not hesitate to answer him, "sure," she said with a smile on her face.

"So, can I get your number later?" He asked as if getting a number is a not a big deal. Chorong was surprised by what he said. 

"But don't get me wrong. For academic purposes only," he excused. Chorong's straight face immediately changed upon hearing his reason. It lightened up. "Oh, okay."

She paused for a while and stared at him again, "you know what? You look familiar," she said. Luhan saw this coming and he had already prepared an alibi, "maybe we saw each other before," he said with a smile on his face. "You look familiar too," he lied. Of course, he knows her. "Then it's nice to see you again, Mr. ...? What should I call you again?" She asked when she offered her hand to which he accepted happily. "Mr. Xi Luhan. Let's be friends, partner."

"Sure, psychobiography partner."

Just when the two has finished the introduction, the professor spoke again, cutting off the time she alloted for the students to find their partners. "So, this requirement shall be passed before the finals. As I have done checking the papers you have passed, I will return the papers to those people who owns the psychobiography itself, not to the one who made it. So make sure to make the descriptions are right," she said. "And don't worry, what I'm going to read there will not spread to other people. This requirement only aims to build good relationships, not spreading others' flaws or anything," the professor added. "Class dismissed."

The students started to make noises. Some have decided to leave the room. Some stayed. Luhan approached Chorong who was fixing her bag. "So, can I have your number?" he asked. Chorong asked for his phone and typed what he needed to know carefully. Meanwhile, Soojung was waiting beside Chorong.

The girl returned the phone to him and introduced her bestfriend to him. "By the way, Luhan, this is my bestfriend, Soojung," she continued. "And Soojung, this is Luhan, my partner." The two smiled at each other.

"Hi Soojung."

"Hello Luhan."

There's an awkward silence. Luhan wanted to tell that Myungsoo is his cousin but he can't. Sooner or later, she's going to know that, anyway.

"Ah, Luhan, we have to go," Soojung said as she has observed that there's nothing to be discussed by the two people with her. "See you around, I guess?" Luhan said and the two nodded.

As two girls turned their backs to him and walked part the door, Luhan just shrugged his shoulders and started to leave too. Myungsoo surely has a beautiful fiancee, he thought. Then Chorong crossed on his mind. What he's feeling for her has no romantic connection. What he just wanted to do is to break her for once then leave her hanging.

---------------

Note: Hi guys. This is just a fanfiction. I am not sure about the religion of the characters involved in this story and so my readers' but I respect everyone. I hope we'll be okay with the story. Just trust me... I won't let all of you down on its ending.

And I made my own university policies. HAHA.