Revelation#1

Extraordinary

The tall girl walked past the door as the last subject ended. Soojung tried to remember everything that she needs to accomplish. She and Chorong have decided to not go home together. In the first place, she and Luhan have to 'get to know each other' for their accomplishment. Soojung wondered why do they have to really spend time for that requirement while she and Baekhyun are still not yet planning everything except for talking during breaks to know something about each other.

As she has reached the exit after walking three floors down, her eyes saw the guy whom she's been longing to meet for some time. They text each other sometimes but personally seeing someone will always be better for her. He seemed to be waiting for someone. He was leaning on the wall with hands on his pockets, his backpack on his right shoulder. He was looking down and thinking deeply.

She battled in her mind whether she's going to greet him or something. But how? Should I tap his shoulder? Or just walk by and say hi?

She's looking intently at Myungsoo when he looked up and met her eyes. His expressoin brightened, "Hi Soojung," he greeted her and his hands went out of his pockets and one of them waved at her. He walked closer to where she was just when she walked past the exit.

"H-hi," she greeted back. She tightened her hold to the books in front of her. Her hands supported it more. "What are you doing here, Myungsoo?" she asked. That's when she remembered, he's my bestfriend, why am I acting formal again?

Myungsoo smiled and flashed his irresistable dimples more, "I am waiting for my bestfriend," he said. Soojung made an "ah" expression as her reaction. "Have you seen her, Soojung?" The girl being asked chuckled for a bit and pointed something over the view in front of her, "there," she pointed the tree with . "You're bestfriend's there."

Myungsoo, being dumb Myungsoo, looked to where she pointed without thinking she's just fooling around. Of course, she already figured out that he's waiting for her. Soojung laughed as he did really look over to where she pointed.

"And you really did look over there, huh?" she laughed. Myungsoo gazed at her with a serious face, making the girl stop. "Ehem," she cleared . "I'm sorry," she smiled a little to the guy in front of her. "So, why are you waiting for me?" she asked, pinching his right cheek. "Nothing. I just thought of wanting to be with you," he said with his eyes directly looking at her. Soojung felt her heartbeat getting faster. What is this bestfriend trouble that I get into? She mentally slapped herself as she realized what she has done.

She just nodded her head, "you missed me?" she asked with a wide smile on her face. She just wanted to know how he would react on her question. Myungsoo just chuckled on her question and pretended to be thinking of an answer. Soojung rolled her eyes and hit him with her books. Myungsoo was surprised because of the heavy pressure that he felt. "Hey..."

She hit him once more. "Why are you not sure of what to say?" she asked in a scary look from her eyes.

"I was just joking! Are you really a girl?" he exclaimed, enduring the pain that she's giving him. Soojung shook her head. "No, I am not," she said proudly.

"Fine," Myungsoo told her. "So, do you still have any errands to arrange or we should go home now?"

"Do you have a car?" she asked. Myungsoo raised his eyebrows because of her sudden question that was not related to what he's asking. "Why?"

Soojung stayed strong on her question, "I'm asking you, do you have a car?"

"Yes," he answered. Soojung kept silent for a second and as the 'idea' hit her, she suddenly shouted that some of the students walking by looked at the two of them. "What are you doing?" he intrigued. "You're even ruining my image," she glared at him upon hearing those words. But Soojung widened the curve on her lips and lended him a hand, "let me have your phone," she said. Myungsoo's face changed. "Why, crazy girl?"

"Just let me have your phone!" she shouted. Myungsoo, confusedly, gave her his phone. "What are you planning to do?"

"Calling your driver," she said straightly and searched for the name of his driver, to which she had already knew in his phonebook as "Driver." She immediately pressed the 'call' button and waited for an answer from the other line. "Hello, this is Soojung, Myungsoo's friend."

[Oh, hi, Ms. Soojung. What did you call me using his phone?]

"I just want to tell you that you can go home now," Soojung informed happily that made Myungsoo surprised. "Hey..." he wanted to interrupt.

[Oh, why?]

"What are you doing?" Myungsoo asked. Soojung did not mind him. "Because I said so and he needs to follow me. I'm a harmless friend. Don't worry Mr. Driver, bye!" She responded fastly to the driver and ended the call. As she saw that the call lasted for forty-five seconds, she did not return the phone back to Myungsoo yet and looked for something. He was watching her the whole time and he saw her went for the 'Camera' button. Soojung looked at the front camera of the phone and fixed herself. She did not mind Myungsoo's presence. She turned her back against him and took a picture of herself. Myungsoo distanced himself away from her to avoid being in the background. But after she took a picture of herself, she pulled him and took a picture with him too. With her sharp-looking eyes forcing him, he did not have a choice but to smile too. She took about five photos and after she got contented, she locked the phone. "There," she's done placing the gadget on his pocket.

"You know what, you're unbelievable," he said.

"I know, so let's commute," she invited him. And before he reacted, "and no, I don't have anywhere to go to. I also told my driver a while ago that I'm with Chorong so he can already go home. But it turned out that she can't go home with me," she added with an as-a-matter-of-fact aura.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because of overconsciousness with grades. You know what, she's so worried about completing the psychobiography of her partner. Tssss, if I know, she's only looking for a boyfriend," she said. Myungsoo nodded his head. He's cluesless that the guy is his cousin, anyway. "You're really talkative, you know?"

He noticed her position in front of him. "I'll keep your books in my bag," he said as he snatched her books from her strong hold with both of her hands. Soojung watched him as he brought his bag in front and put the books inside. She found that nice. He's a gentleman, thought.

"Thank you," she said. Myungsoo smiled and her, "anything for you," as he's done zipping it and hanging it fully on his back.

"So let's go home?" she invited and he gladly walked with her, intentionally brushing his right arm with her left one.

Walking with him is one of the things that she loves best. Because while with him, time flies so fast when they reach the destination but every second is worth it. She wonders how he feels about her. Myungsoo may look like an ice prince but no, he's not. People look at them while they're walking. Some are greeting them because they recognize him as a model but he's not acting like snob and he doesn't mind them. He greets them back. She feels lucky for knowing him.

"Myungsoo, can I ask you something?" she said, pursing her lips because she's quite nervous on her question. Myungsoo gave her an intrigued look. Soojung couldn't take it, anymore, "Please don't look at me like that," she said, looking away, with struggle evident on her face as their eyes met.

"Huh?"

"Nevermind," she continued. "Anyway, do you have a girlfriend? I always forget to ask you that. I don't know, maybe someone's jealous right now or what. I just want to be safe. I mean, you are known by everyone and I'm just a girl from States. So..."

"You know what... Again... You're too defensive," he cut her off and patted her head. Soojung stopped walking and faced him. "What?"

"You did not hear me?"

"I did! You said I'm defensive!" she raised her voice in annoyance. He chuckled. "That's it, you're defensive," he said. Soojung didn't know then what to say so she just went back to her question. "So, do you have a girlfriend?"

"I heard this university is for smart people like me so I wonder why are you here?" he asked in return. She hit him because of what she heard and he gave up.

"Fine. Of course I don't have a girlfriend. Why would I go often with you if I have a recognized girlfriend?" he said and she nodded when the two of them started walking again. "Okay," she smiled a little. But before she got to feel a hundred percent happiness, he added something, "but I'm waiting for someone."

Soojung swallowed a lump on and tried her best to show that it's not affecting her. She felt pain for the first time. She felt her heart crashed. She never experienced this before. Being with him for almost a month, she started longing for him. She started loving his presence. She started appreciating everything about him and accepting even his flaws. The way he's so afraid about being in high places. The way he fears about being lowest in his tests. The way he reacts when being left alone in a dark places during their late night walks.

It was quite hard for her to absorb and understand that someone has already made it before her. How can she even compete for some whom she doesn't even know?

"So, who's she?" she asked, acting like she's okay.

"I don't know if she likes me. But I'm waiting for her," Soojung wished for a while that she can be the girl. She would appreciate it so much if someone would do that for her. That someone could wait for her. "I think any girl would love to be her," she said with a pang on her chest. "I wish that's true," Myungsoo smiled as he heard that. He wished that Soojung would love to be that girl.

"What if someone likes you already?" she asked. Myungsoo shrugged his shoulders, "then thank you to her, or maybe their...," pertaining to his supporters, "...admiration. I know there are many people out there who likes me because I am a model," he said. "But right beforehand, I'm already meant for someone, Soojung," he said. Soojung titled her head as they reached the bus stop. Soojung sat on one of the benches there. Pain attacked her once more. "Is there any deeper meaning for that?" she asked. Myungsoo sat beside her as he answered her straightforwardly, "yes."

Soojung waited for him. "I'm in an arranged marriage, Soojung," he said as if it's not going to hurt her. But he's wrong. She wanted to go away right at that moment. Or, she wanted to keep her cool and tell him that she's willing to even participate in his wedding a few years later as a bridesmaid or whatever he wants her to do there. There's no way that you can be happy being inlove with your bestfriend, she said as she thought of the song that began playing at the music store in front of the bus stop. Myungsoo wasn't able to hide the smile on his face as the song was perceived by him. Soojung faked a smile and thought, right timing, huh?

Myungsoo, not knowing how she feels, added. "I hope that whoever that girl would be, Soojung, you'll still remain with me." Soojung looked at him. She didn't want to answer because she couldn't find the right words to say in the first place. Why are you making this hard for me? You're getting married and yet, you're fetching me? And you're telling that to me? You're intentionally hurting me! Thankfully, the bus arrived and she faked a smile. "Let's go," she stood up and walked first towards the bus. Myungsoo nodded his head and followed her. How I wonder how will you react right after know that it is you? That's what he have thought as what they're talking about crossed his mind.

Soojung chose to sit on the last chair at the left and looked to the view that the side offered her. He sat beside her and noticed how spaced she was. "Soojung," he called her. The girl looked back at her, "what happened? Are you keeping something from me?" he asked. "Maybe, you're not feeling well? But you're happy a while ago," he then placed the back of this right hand to her forehead but it's not that hot. Soojung got his hand and removed it, "I'm fine, Myungsoo."

Soojung looked back to the view."Do you love her?" she asked. Myungsoo was flabbergasted. He sat comfortable on the chair, "at first, I have to be honest. I don't agree with this idea. First, I felt betrayed. My brother was the reason why I was put onto this..."

"Kyuhyun-oppa?" she cut him off from his confession, shifting her body to the boy in front of of him to face him. Myungsoo nodded his head, "yes. He knew that I had a crush on a girl whom I met when I was young. But the thing is, that's the only time I met her during childhood," he added, hinting but she did not get it. Soojung lost hope that it's her for she knew to herself that she never met him before. Myungsoo continued, "second, I felt like I lost my freedom. Third, I don't want to be tied to someone whom I don't know," he said.

"But why did you continue?" Soojung wanted him to protest.

Myungsoo looked at her for a second, "because I have reasons to do it. Sometimes, you may not like what's happening because it does not approve what you want, but in the end, you'll figure out that it's meant to happen because it has reasons, Soojung." he said.

She only kept quiet.

"First, they know what's best for me, especially my brother. he knows me too well. Second, I have met her already. I'm sure you'll like her," he said. Soojung right at that time, wanted to get angry at him. Then why the hell are you spending time with me? You're giving me false hopes.

"Third, I think I love her already. Sorry if I can't tell stories about her now, Soojung. I know we're bestfriends but maybe there are really things that I have to keep for myself as of now," he said sincerely. Soojung nodded and replied with a fake smile again, "It's okay. Don't worry, I'll be waiting."

"Fourth, I think she likes me back," he said confidently. Soojung gave him a look but spoke differently according to what it looked like. A change of heart. "Who will not?" she said as she went back to the view on the other said. "I'm sure she will be happy to be with you." But I'll be happy if I'm the girl, she mentally slapped herself.

Myungsoo smiled upon hearing it. This gave him hope that everything's working according to plans. Someday, she'll be knowing everything and he hopes that whatever she's feeling right now, it all favors him. "You know, Soojung, I never fell inlove before but I think I already know the feeling. I took a risk for her. I hope she'll take the risk for me too," that's when... Soojung gave in. A tear fell from her left eye, she couldn't hide her feelings. She tried her best to have her back away from him because she should not be caught.

Right at that moment, she wanted to jump at the window just to not hear his hurting words. It's destroying her, really. She started taking a risk for him too but it seems like they're going a different way. His risk has somewhere to go to but hers has nowhere.

----------

Aha. :D Not so edited, hehe, sorry. While doing this, my BGM was I Want to Love You by Alex Chu. Huhu. I felt pain for Soojung, really. T_____________T